Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So That Laroy McDonald Signing
That was some real 3D chess, huh?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How dare you question Bengals moves!!!

I noticed Pratt didn't show up on the stat sheet too.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How dare you question Bengals moves!!!

I noticed Pratt didn't show up on the stat sheet too.

He played. He didn’t do shit, but he was there. He and I contributed about the same.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
You can’t seriously tell me we couldn’t use Mack Wilson out there right now...

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:05 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He played. He didn’t do shit, but he was there. He and I contributed about the same.

You cost less (free) though. Look for Pratt to be waived!
Reply/Quote
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:09 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Minkah Fitzpatrick

Our defensive line got blew up. Our LB's struggled to tackle.

We're not 1 player away. We are literally probably about 5-7 upgrades away from being a playoff team that has a chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our defensive line got blew up. Our LB's struggled to tackle.

We're not 1 player away. We are literally probably about 5-7 upgrades away from being a playoff team that has a chance to win.

Never said we were 1 player away.  Just the opposite really.  However, that doesn't mean we wouldn't improve if we traded Williams or Webb plus a 2nd rounder to Miami for Fitzpatrick.

Who would you rather have with Bates?  Williams or Fitzpatrick?

I take Fitzpatrick everyday.

Hell I would probably trade Dre for Minkah.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:14 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Never said we were 1 player away.  Just the opposite really.  However, that doesn't mean we wouldn't improve if we traded Williams or Webb plus a 2nd rounder to Miami for Fitzpatrick.

Williams isn't as bad as fans think. Bates appears to have regressed.

Honestly, we have questionable coaching. Guys get worse under that instead of better. It's hard to just plug talent in here in that scenario.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:14 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Never said we were 1 player away.  Just the opposite really.  However, that doesn't mean we wouldn't improve if we traded Williams or Webb plus a 2nd rounder to Miami for Fitzpatrick.

Miami is not giving him away for any of those players

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Williams isn't as bad as fans think. Bates appears to have regressed.

Honestly, we have questionable coaching. Guys get worse under that instead of better. It's hard to just plug talent in here in that scenario.

It isn't a matter of whether Williams is as bad as fans think or not.  It is just a matter of improving the team by making this trade.

Is Williams better than Fitzpatrick?  Maybe.

I personally think so.

This not only improves the safety spot, it also sends a message to players that the team is attempting to improve.  Play like you want to be here or get traded.

I know that many want LBer or OLine, I don't disagree.  The problem is right now there isn't a team that has a LBer or OL on the market to try and trade for. Unless you want to give up 1st rounders for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:25 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: It isn't a matter of whether Williams is as bad as fans think or not.  It is just a matter of improving the team by making this trade.

Is Williams better than Fitzpatrick?  Maybe.

I personally think so.

This not only improves the safety spot, it also sends a message to players that the team is attempting to improve.  Play like you want to be here or get traded.

I know that many want LBer or OLine, I don't disagree.  The problem is right now there isn't a team that has a LBer or OL on the market to try and trade for. Unless you want to give up 1st rounders for them.

It's as if we should have used free agency to upgrade positions...
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Miami is not giving him away for any of those players.
Sure they would.  They would take them if they were being offered a 2nd rounder to go with them. 
As I said, Williams isn't a terrible player, he is solid, but Fitz is the better player, doesn't want to be in Miami and Williams plus a 2nd rounder would be enough to acquire Fitz.
The problem isn't that Miami wouldn't do it, the problem is that the Bengals wouldn't make that offer.  At least as far as us fans know.  I am sure if we did, there would be a report or 2 about it.  Even if it fell through, the offer would be leaked and even possibly the details of that offer.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's as if we should have used free agency to upgrade positions...

No argument here.

I wanted us to go after CJ Mosely, but nope, we let him sign with the Jets.

Not sure any OLine guy stood out in FA that we should have went after.  Our issue is letting go OLine players, like Zeitler, while keeping other players like Kirkpatrick.  
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our defensive line got blew up. Our LB's struggled to tackle.

At least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote

Webb is walking around with a cast on his arm...probably not a good thing for trade bait

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: Webb is walking around with a cast on his arm...probably not a good thing for trade bait

Other teams aren't going to trade a good player for Webb.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:48 PM)pally Wrote: Webb is walking around with a cast on his arm...probably not a good thing for trade bait

Probably not.  I didn't know about the arm.

(09-15-2019, 06:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Other teams aren't going to trade a good player for Webb.

Again, can't really argue.  I just threw his name out there.  To me it is just a matter of making the effort.  When there are 0 reports then that usually means the team isn't making the attempt.

I could care less if Miami turned down every offer we made, just have us make the offer. 

You never really know, you could get lucky and maybe make a trade when you didn't think it was possible.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:29 PM)OswaldsLegacy Wrote: Sure they would.  They would take them if they were being offered a 2nd rounder to go with them. 
As I said, Williams isn't a terrible player, he is solid, but Fitz is the better player, doesn't want to be in Miami and Williams plus a 2nd rounder would be enough to acquire Fitz.
The problem isn't that Miami wouldn't do it, the problem is that the Bengals wouldn't make that offer.  At least as far as us fans know.  I am sure if we did, there would be a report or 2 about it.  Even if it fell through, the offer would be leaked and even possibly the details of that offer.

No they wouldn’t. The Phins are reportedly looking for a 1st.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27618819/sources-fins-want-1st-rounder-db-fitzpatrick

Reply/Quote
I don't know about 3D chess, but I do remember 3D Tic Tac Toe for the Atari.  This seems more like what we're playing.

[Image: 3d_tic_tac_toe_2.gif]
Reply/Quote