Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
So how do we fix the defense for next season?
(12-24-2023, 03:31 PM)J24 Wrote: So how do hypothesis Duke, Lou, and Zac will fix this defense? Or perhaps you think we should fire Lou?

Starting 3T , starting NT , and Nickle LB have to be addressed in free agency or via trade.  Additionally I think we should look to add a true FS and move Dax to Nickleback/Joker. At least  on 3rd downs!

The best way to help the defense is to reduce its time on the field. One way to do that is develop a running attack offense.  The talent on the D isn't bad, but they would benefit from less time on the field.  The running offense has been slighted in the draft for too long.  Mixon isn't the answer anymore, that is(was) obvious this year.  A big athletic RT along and a big back with speed will be a big help come draft days.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They have invested in young CB/Safeties, so they will stick with them and expect improvement as they grow in the NFL, which is what most teams do early in careers. I believe they will probably look for a veteran FA at DT and a draft pick. I believe they will draft a LB/DE combo to give us a bit more flexibility on the line.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 02:50 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: The best way to help the defense is to reduce its time on the field. One way to do that is develop a running attack offense.  The talent on the D isn't bad, but they would benefit from less time on the field.  The running offense has been slighted in the draft for too long.  Mixon isn't the answer anymore, that is(was) obvious this year.  A big athletic RT along and a big back with speed will be a big help come draft days.

YUP !

I believe this teams single biggest issue overall is the lack of any kind of consistent rushing game. Everything else would come A LOT closer to falling into place if they fix that. Including some of the defensive shortcomings.
Reply/Quote
To compete in the AFC North the Bengals need to stop playing like a team in the NFC West.
Reply/Quote
Stop giving up over 7 yards a carry?
Reply/Quote
Got to be more physical and pass rush better.

The other teams may have better coaching against us too.
Reply/Quote
DT is their biggest need. AINEC.

Reply/Quote