Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the Collins release from New England got me thinking
(11-03-2016, 10:57 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Seniority rules here, we need to just change the name of the team to something more qualifing

Bingo.  Marv's philosophy is tenure rather than results based.  That's a completely different philosophy from Belicheck.

Marv is more comfortable with those he can trust not to make mistakes.  The trade off in a lot of cases is results suffer.  The NFL doesn't stand for "Not For Long" for no reason.  Heck I think they (players) get a pension after just 5 years.  That should tell us something about what happens to ones ability as a natural age progression.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 27 year old LB who does alot of things from good to well on the Pats and wham this week
he's traded by Belichek.
the move shocked alot of those outside of New England.
yet in Cincy we have 2 LBers who are over weight and not really producing.
and they are still starting.
why didn't Lewis lay the hammer down 15 weeks ago and send a message to the team.
he should have benched Rey at the least
I wish Cincy would have traded for Collins
immediate upgrade to a lb core lacking playmakers and tacklers
I'm starting to feel some of these players have a sense of entiitlement
and no fear of getting their play time cut in half

You forgot the most important part regarding Collins:

He is a free agent after this year.  There's no way that they make that move if he's under contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 02:38 AM)Brimey Wrote: Why does everyone assume this was some genius move by Belichek. His record on trades, releases,signings etc is not perfect. I'm not disputing that he's a Football savant. But the trade of Collins might be an incredibly stupid move that costs NE a title. Yet to be determined.

I actually think that Belichek is an idiot when it comes to being a GM.  If he didn't have Brady, his blockheaded moves would be exposed much, much more.

Trading Chandler Jones and Collins will seriously hurt them come playoff time, mark my words.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 02:38 AM)Brimey Wrote: Why does everyone assume this was some genius move by Belichek. His record on trades, releases,signings etc is not perfect. I'm not disputing that he's a Football savant. But the trade of Collins might be an incredibly stupid move that costs NE a title. Yet to be determined.

His record of 4 superbowl says he knows what he's doing   unlike 0 n 7 in playoffs   
Reply/Quote
For all the praise Belichick gets, he sure doesn't have success with his coaches becoming good head coaches. Sure, Nick Saban is the obvious good one and Kirk Ferentz used to be pretty good at Iowa, but Iowa isn't a college powerhouse by any means. Meanwhile, we've seen Josh McDaniels, Charlie Weis, and Romeo Crennel, and Eric Mangini as terrible as HCs. The jury is still out on Bill O'Brien, but I'm not seeing anything special there either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm just saying I dont think Belichek would have tolerated Rey Maualuga being over weight
if he was a Pat. he would have cut him in a second
I would have gave up a 3rd rd pick for Collins if for a half a year tenure
anything to see Rey or Dansby get less snaps.
I'm tired of our backers getting smoked by TEs,and not being in position to make a crucial tackle
Reply/Quote
Don't think for a minute that the Brown's destination didn't have anything to do with it. NE stands very little chance of being affected by Collins play while he's with the Brown's. No way they let a competitive AFC team aquirevhim for a low 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 12:33 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Bingo.  Marv's philosophy is tenure rather than results based.  That's a completely different philosophy from Belicheck.

Marv is more comfortable with those he can trust not to make mistakes.  The trade off in a lot of cases is results suffer.  The NFL doesn't stand for "Not For Long" for no reason.  Heck I think they (players) get a pension after just 5 years.  That should tell us something about what happens to ones ability as a natural age progression.

For a group trusted to not make mistakes, these guys sure do make a lot of them.  Mistakes in blocking, mistakes in tackling, dropping passes, missing interceptions, missing the hole, forcing the ball into coverage...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For a group trusted to not make mistakes, these guys sure do make a lot of them.  Mistakes in blocking, mistakes in tackling, dropping passes, missing interceptions, missing the hole, forcing the ball into coverage...

the thing is these guys were doing that last year... Same guys for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For a group trusted to not make mistakes, these guys sure do make a lot of them.  Mistakes in blocking, mistakes in tackling, dropping passes, missing interceptions, missing the hole, forcing the ball into coverage...

Forgetting the snap count, forgetting what coverage they're in, running the wrong route, not getting out of bounds at end of game. 

Putting their own interests in front of TEAM.

To add just a few
Reply/Quote