Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So the Collins release from New England got me thinking
27 year old LB who does alot of things from good to well on the Pats and wham this week
he's traded by Belichek.
the move shocked alot of those outside of New England.
yet in Cincy we have 2 LBers who are over weight and not really producing.
and they are still starting.
why didn't Lewis lay the hammer down 15 weeks ago and send a message to the team.
he should have benched Rey at the least
I wish Cincy would have traded for Collins
immediate upgrade to a lb core lacking playmakers and tacklers
I'm starting to feel some of these players have a sense of entiitlement
and no fear of getting their play time cut in half
Reply/Quote
Starting to feel? Lol
Reply/Quote
Seniority rules here, we need to just change the name of the team to something more qualifing
Reply/Quote
Those linebackers just produced a tie. What's the problem? -ML
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 27 year old LB who does alot of things from good to well on the Pats and wham this week
he's traded by Belichek.
why didn't Lewis lay the hammer down 15 weeks ago and send a message to the team.

He wanted a lot of money and is in the last year of his deal. We arent gonna pay what he wanted anyways.... 
Reply/Quote
Why does everyone assume this was some genius move by Belichek. His record on trades, releases,signings etc is not perfect. I'm not disputing that he's a Football savant. But the trade of Collins might be an incredibly stupid move that costs NE a title. Yet to be determined.
Reply/Quote
The problem I see with the OP line of thinking is the fact that he doesn't take into consideration that Bill B. never gets rid of anyone, unless he already has their replacement in hand. I'm guessing that they likely traded Collins, to jump to the top of the 3rd round, rather than the end of the 3rd for the comp pick they likely would have received for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
From all reports he refused to play within the system and freelanced, which on more than one occasion put him out of position can cost NE big plays. Not surprised at all that Belicheat canned him....
Reply/Quote
The Bengals organization has always had a big loyalty factor. The team will sink or swim with its players and coaches, so they expect them to produce.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 08:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The problem I see with the OP line of thinking is the fact that he doesn't take into consideration that Bill B. never gets rid of anyone, unless he already has their replacement in hand.  I'm guessing that they likely traded Collins, to jump to the top of the 3rd round, rather than the end of the 3rd for the comp pick they likely would have received for him.

The browns traded their 3rd round Compensatory pick, if they do not receive one it reverts to a 4th round pick. As pointed out before though Belicheck really isn't all that great at trades. He traded Chandler Jones (stud) for Jonathan Cooper from AZ then ended up cutting Cooper anyways. He did something similar with trading Logan Mankins to TB for Tim Wright then ended up cutting Wright. While the guy is good at getting rid of guys before they go into the tank, he never gets anything of value for them.
Reply/Quote
Listened to Rocky Boiman last night who continued to reiterate that there is no reason for a linebacker in today's NFL to play above 255 pounds, and unfortunately, both Burfict and Maualuga appear to be. I know both were reprimanded for showing up to camp overweight, but what difference does that make if they are going to play overweight during the season and receive no punishment? Remember when Jeremi Johnson ate his way out of the league? Good times.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 02:38 AM)Brimey Wrote: Why does everyone assume this was some genius move by Belichek. His record on trades, releases,signings etc is not perfect. I'm not disputing that he's a Football savant. But the trade of Collins might be an incredibly stupid move that costs NE a title. Yet to be determined.

Agreed.  And he hasn't been the greatest at the draft, either.  I was thrilled to see him gone, as he was one of the better players on their defense.  Even if they have a suitable replacement, one injury and they are dropping significantly on talent.  
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: The browns traded their 3rd round Compensatory pick, if they do not receive one it reverts to a 4th round pick. As pointed out before though Belicheck really isn't all that great at trades. He traded Chandler Jones (stud) for Jonathan Cooper from AZ then ended up cutting Cooper anyways. He did something similar with trading Logan Mankins to TB for Tim Wright then ended up cutting Wright. While the guy is good at getting rid of guys before they go into the tank, he never gets anything of value for them.

Compensatory picks can now be traded?  I've always been under the impression that they were not tradable.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 10:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: 27 year old LB who does alot of things from good to well on the Pats and wham this week
he's traded by Belichek.

dude was traded from new England because he said he wanted von miller money.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 09:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Compensatory picks can now be traded?  I've always been under the impression that they were not tradable.

I don't see how they can be traded.  Comp picks for the 2017 draft haven't even been assigned if I'm not mistaken. so how can you trade something you don't know you have yet?

But the rules are changing for the 2017 draft from what I read and comp picks can be traded..

I just don't know how anyone knows what there comp picks are.
Reply/Quote
Accountability has never been this organizations strength.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't see how they can be traded.  Comp picks for the 2017 draft haven't even been assigned if I'm not mistaken. so how can you trade something you don't know you have yet?

But the rules are changing for the 2017 draft from what I read and comp picks can be traded..

All teams are pretty familiar with the formula and can basically guess pretty accurately what they will get. In this case Cleveland traded a 3rd round comp pick, but if they are not awarded said pick it turns into their 4th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I don't see how they can be traded.  Comp picks for the 2017 draft haven't even been assigned if I'm not mistaken. so how can you trade something you don't know you have yet?

I don't think the formula for determining comp picks has changed, so basically everyone can anticipate what they will likely receive based on who they lost, and who they signed. As in this case, a 4th round pick was listed as a contingency in case the anticipated 3rd round pick was not awarded.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: From all reports he refused to play within the system and freelanced, which on more than one occasion put him out of position can cost NE big plays. Not surprised at all that Belicheat canned him....

In my opinion, that's what we refer to as Massachusetts smoke and mirrors.  all of a sudden the pro bowl linebacker is junk now that 'The Messiah ' traded him .  don't believe the power of the Boston spinsters? ask a pats fan about deflategate or taping the ram's practices.
Reply/Quote
Just because it's New England doesn't mean every move they make is genius. Chandler Jones is playing pretty well for the Cardinals and where is the guy the Patriots obtained?
Reply/Quote