Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So...where are all the interviews for Marvin Lewis?
8 opening currently. Has he had any visits? Rumors of visits?

Maybe he wasn't the hot commodity some thought he'd be?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 02:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 8 opening currently. Has he had any visits? Rumors of visits?

The line just hasn't formed yet.

Honestly, though, I think if he put it out there that he wanted to be a DC again, he would be one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I know right? As the pundits often said, “Marvin Lewis is highly respected around the league,” we are figuring out he was not. But then again, if your an NFL owner, do you want to let a coach in your organization who is equal to an STD? Like, sure, it looks good on the outside, but the inside will kill ya. LOL

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is keeping his name off the market in hopes of landing that lucrative Turpin High School coaching gig.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 02:41 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: He is keeping his name off the market in hopes of landing that lucrative Turpin High School coaching gig.

He’s under qualified.

Reply/Quote
The rumor is the Cardinals might consider him, probably since they had a sweet run with Carson Palmer. But nothing seems in that direction yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 02:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 8 opening currently. Has he had any visits? Rumors of visits?

I will never get why fans feel the need to throw former players or coaches under the bus.

But, to answer your question, he is being paid almost 6 million dollars in 2019/2020 so why would he work? If he signs with another team, he is not paid 100% of the salary due from the Bengals.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 02:57 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The rumor is the Cardinals might consider him, probably since they had a sweet run with Carson Palmer. But nothing seems in that direction  yet.

Yeah I've seen a rumor about the Cardinals as well.

Honestly, I think Marvin will take a year off. Whether he wants to or not.
Wouldn't surprise me if someone hired him as an analyst, too
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 03:11 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Yeah I've seen a rumor about the Cardinals as well.

Honestly, I think Marvin will take a year off. Whether he wants to or not.
Wouldn't surprise me if someone hired him as an analyst, too

Man he seems like he would terrible at all meadia job.
Announcer- What was wrong with the first half Marvin seems like they couldn't stop the pass.
Marvin- they need to do a better job.
Announcer- Can you elaborate?
Marvin- No!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a free agent. No one has to ask permission to interview him so maybe they simply aren't being announced. It is also possible he has turned down requests.

Or maybe my earlier prediction might be in process. Marvin quits, Hue gets hired as HC, and he turns around and hires Marv as DC.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Marvin (I'm guessing) will probably get pursued when the dust settles as what he was: a defensive coordinator. He was a good one. And when he was involved with the defense here, it seemed better.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Marvin (I'm guessing) will probably get pursued when the dust settles as what he was: a defensive coordinator. He was a good one. And when he was involved with the defense here, it seemed better.

Turns out firing Austin may have been a nice audition for Marvin to get a DC job. The improvement was significant. I don’t think he planned it that way but...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 03:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will never get why fans feel the need to throw former players or coaches under the bus.

But, to answer your question, he is being almost 6 million dollars in 2019/2020 so why would he work? If he signs with another team, he is not paid 100% of the salary due from the Bengals.

I thought the second year of that two year deal was a team option.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 02:41 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: He is keeping his name off the market in hopes of landing that lucrative Turpin High School coaching gig.

(01-05-2019, 02:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He’s under qualified.

I don’t know Dog, I went there back in the day and the gym coach wasn’t a very good football coach either. Marvin could outclap him any day of the week.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:09 PM)Benton Wrote: Marvin (I'm guessing) will probably get pursued when the dust settles as what he was: a defensive coordinator. He was a good one. And when he was involved with the defense here, it seemed better.

They still gave up 24+ points in 4 out of the 6 games he was DC.

There were improvements, that's for sure. But outside of the Steelers game, there wasn't much that makes me want Marvin back at DC.
Teams still averaged 23.8 PPG. Which would be 19th in the league.
Though, before that the Bengals gave up 31.2 PPG.

Another thing that needs to be addressed for the beginning of the season: The Bengals played 8 of the top 10 offenses in the NFL their first 10 games.
When Austin was DC, they went up against these offenses 9 times (played the Ravens twice).

It's not an excuse for Austin, cause he was pretty bad. But I just have little faith that Marvin is a better candidate for DC than other coaches out there
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:27 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I don’t know Dog, I went there back in the day and the gym coach wasn’t a very good football coach either.  Marvin could outclap him any day of the week.

I remember back in the day when the football coach was also the social studies teacher and had almost as much football knowledge as I did in 7th grade and there was one play, the quarterback running the ball...period. Turns out the QB was about a foot shorter than myself and always ran in the opposite direction from me. He did run in my direction once and never tried that again. lol He became the qb because...well, I don't really know. He was way too short, couldn't throw and wasn't very fast. My guess is his mom was screwing the social studies teacher, but I could be wrong which brings us to Marvin. Is he screwing the social studies teacher? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Of course he hasn't been interviewed yet.

When BB retires from the Patriots they're gonna hire the second longest tenured NFL coach.

It only makes sense.

And when Brady rides off with Bill, Merv will ride in with Dalton who would be the obvious heir apparent.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 03:03 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I will never get why fans feel the need to throw former players or coaches under the bus.

But, to answer your question, he is being almost 6 million dollars in 2019/2020 so why would he work? If he signs with another team, he is not paid 100% of the salary due from the Bengals.

If Marv reads the boards (he doesn't), I'll apologize if his feelings were hurt. 

I feel this is a point worth mentioning. Many felt Marv would get another job immediately. Yet we've heard nothing, really. 

An Arizona rumor that ended up being just that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done coaching, at least partially due to lack of interest in his services.

Maybe. He was a great coordinator...20 years ago. I could see him getting some interest as a DC somewhere. That wasn't really the point of the thread though. The lack of interest in him as a HC is pretty telling to me. He's a defensive guy in a league that's becoming more and more offense focused. The mediocre overall record and terrible playoff record would be a tough sell to any fan base. 

Just goes to show we should've dumped him long ago. The league passed him (and guys like Jeff Fisher) by.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 04:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Marv reads the boards (he doesn't), I'll apologize if his feelings were hurt. 

I feel this is a point worth mentioning. Many felt Marv would get another job immediately. Yet we've heard nothing, really. 

An Arizona rumor that ended up being just that. I wouldn't be surprised if he's done coaching, at least partially due to lack of interest in his services.

Maybe. He was a great coordinator...20 years ago. I could see him getting some interest as a DC somewhere. That wasn't really the point of the thread though. The lack of interest in him as a HC is pretty telling to me. He's a defensive guy in a league that's becoming more and more offense focused. The mediocre overall record and terrible playoff record would be a tough sell to any fan base. 

Just goes to show we should've dumped him long ago. The league passed him (and guys like Jeff Fisher) by.

I very seriously doubt there's even a tiny bit of interest in Marvin as an NFL HC. I'd say he'll take a year off then you might see him pop up as HC of Acorn St. College or something ?

There may be a wee bit of interest in him as a DC, but I'd say that's even very mild on the NFL level.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Marvin is in any big hurry to find a job. He'll get his chances, but not as a head coach in the league. Teams will still need defensive coordinators even if it's an offensive minded league. That's his prime area of expertise if he ever had any.
I can imagine a team with a completely messed up defense calling him with offers, but the fact that we're not hearing about offers means nothing. It's not AS IF Marvin has to worry about applying for foodstamps or anything.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote