Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who do you think we'll take in round 1?
I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

1. I don't see us going Tackle, as it doesn't seem likely they'll give up on Ogbuehi this soon, and top 10 is usually too early to look at RT.
2. I don't see RB as likely, especially another one from LSU
3. Both Walter and Charlie mock Derek Barnett to us at 8, but Barnett is much shorter (word is he's 6'2") and smaller than a typical Bengals DE.
4. Top 10 seems high for a backer, but I guess this wouldn't completely stun me.
5. As much as we kid about CBs, I don't see it happening yet again.

Anybody jump out to you guys as an obvious pick if we're top 10?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

1. I don't see us going Tackle, as it doesn't seem likely they'll give up on Ogbuehi this soon, and top 10 is usually too early to look at RT.
3. Both Walter and Charlie mock Derek Barnett to us at 8, but Barnett is much shorter (word is he's 6'2") and smaller than a typical Bengals DE.
4. Top 10 seems high for a backer, but I guess this wouldn't completely stun me.

Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett or Alabama DE are basically no brainers if they fall to us.

Clemson WR Mike Williams would be a great get to pair with AJ.

Fournette I see as a possibility, simply from a bpa standpoint.

Barnett is a significant reach at 8.

LSU SS Jamal Adams would be a great playmaker in the secondary.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

I actually could see us taking a corner back in lattimore at 8 best cover corner in draft and he needs time to learn only being a 1 year starter but in 2 years are cb could look like this dre k wjiii and lattimore. Williams makes most sense if we don't trade down.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett or Alabama DE are basically no brainers if they fall to us.

Clemson WR Mike Williams would be a great get to pair with AJ.

Fournette I see as a possibility, simply from a bpa standpoint.

Barnett is a significant reach at 8.

LSU SS Jamal Adams would be a great playmaker in the secondary.

Would rather wait a year to see how Williams does in the second year at his new position and if he struggles we can take ed Reed and Eric berry love child in Malik hooker In the next draft 
Reply/Quote
As much as I like Mike Williams I just don't see the Bengals taking a wide receiver early in the first round.

My guess right now the linebacker from Alabama Foster.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Guess I'm in the minority but I like Barnett. If Carl Lawson blows up the combine he will shoot up and might be the guy
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:58 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: As much as I like Mike Williams I just don't see the Bengals taking a wide receiver early in the first round.

My guess right now the linebacker from Alabama Foster.

Just to play the contrarian, what if the Bengals look at the fact that AJ Green has missed 11 games in 3 years, Eifert is a walking body cast and LaFell is a FA coming off a pretty solid season? You still.don't think they'll at least consider a pass catcher?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am leaning toward Mike Williams. Although DE is the top need.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to say Rueben foster from Alabama he's a linebacker who has speed, instincts and is a sure tackler him next to vontaze would be a good combination.
Reply/Quote
I hope it's Foster out of Alabama, the guy will do more to improve our defense than any other prospect in this draft(outside of Allen who will be long gone). Most mocks I've seen have us taking Barnett out of Tennessee...I really really hope that's not the case as I think he has bust written all over him(I'll get more into that later if need be).

Foster has his own nuclear launch code. He gets to the edge quicker than any LB I've seen in a long while. He dissects offenses as good as any prospect in this draft. He goes east to west in the blink of an eye. Put him with Burfict...damn, I get excited just thinking about it.

Williams from Clemson id be fine with if he's gone. Watching him in the Fiesta bowl last night made me a big fan of his. Adams from LSU would make a big improvement to our secondary.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just to play the contrarian, what if the Bengals look at the fact that AJ Green has missed 11 games in 3 years, Eifert is a walking body cast and LaFell is a FA coming off a pretty solid season? You still.don't think they'll at least consider a pass catcher?

I would take Mike Williams in a heartbeat but I think the team is very thin at linebacker Burfict seems to have ongoing nagging injuries. dansby he's an old man now I just think foster would be a good addition anda Marvin type of player but I would love Mike Williams across from AJ Green.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 06:34 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Would rather wait a year to see how Williams does in the second year at his new position and if he struggles we can take ed Reed and Eric berry love child in Malik hooker In the next draft 

The only risk with that line of thinking is what happens if we aren't in a position to pick up Hooker next year? I would take Hooker over Adams due to play-making ability, but Adams could fix a lot of problems on the back end. Assuming that Adams declares himself.
Reply/Quote
we will take peppers book it
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 05:48 PM)blt4584 Wrote: The only risk with that line of thinking is what happens if we aren't in a position to pick up Hooker next year? I would take Hooker over Adams due to play-making ability, but Adams could fix a lot of problems on the back end. Assuming that Adams declares himself.

Yeah, I really don't see why you would pass on a guy because there's a guy you like better possibly coming out next year.  Plus, Hooker could regress next year, suffer serious injury, etc. 
Reply/Quote
The last guy who started as a true freshman for Alabama at LT was Andre Smith and we took him in the top 10.

Now comes Cam Robinson the first true freshman to start at LT for Bama since Andre. And here we are with a top 10 pick.

Whit and Winston are 58 and 54 years old. Ogbuehi was just a major factor for a losing season. If the only blue chip elite tackle prospect in the draft is available at pick 9 or 10, you pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 12:55 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I am leaning toward Mike Williams. Although DE is the top need.
I'm fine with going Williams then walked later in draft
(01-01-2017, 01:43 PM)tBengal Wrote: I hope it's Foster out of Alabama, the guy will do more to improve our defense than any other prospect in this draft(outside of Allen who will be long gone). Most mocks I've seen have us taking Barnett out of Tennessee...I really really hope that's not the case as I think he has bust written all over him(I'll get more into that later if need be).

Foster has his own nuclear launch code. He gets to the edge quicker than any LB I've seen in a long while. He dissects offenses as good as any prospect in this draft. He goes east to west in the blink of an eye. Put him with Burfict...damn, I get excited just thinking about it.

Williams from Clemson id be fine with if he's gone. Watching him in the Fiesta bowl last night made me a big fan of his. Adams from LSU would make a big improvement to our secondary.
Personally I like McMillan more than Foster he's the most instinctual lb in the draft and did u see the game? He was out there damn near the whole game and was making every tackle in the run game and blowing it up and was covering the rn in passing game well.
As far as DE I could see us taking Walker in the third feel like he's better anyway.
Reply/Quote
Damascus Walker FSU DE/DT
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Are they drafting 8th or 9th? Seems like there should be plenty of defensive help available at that range, or a shot at the top OG/C
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:57 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Are they drafting 8th or 9th?  Seems like there should be plenty of defensive help available at that range, or a shot at the top OG/C
top center is elflien can get him.late first early second 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 07:57 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Are they drafting 8th or 9th?  Seems like there should be plenty of defensive help available at that range, or a shot at the top OG/C

Looks like 9 or 10.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote