Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So who do you think we'll take in round 1?
(01-01-2017, 06:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I actually could see us taking a corner back in lattimore at 8 best cover corner in draft and he needs time to learn only being a 1 year starter but in 2 years are cb could look like this dre k wjiii and lattimore. Williams makes most sense if we don't trade down.

Dude, you really love yourself some Ohio St. You've been all about Hooker, McMillan, Elflein, and now Lattimore as being "best" at their positions. While I'm with you that all should be solid and COULD be elite players in the NFL, I really think you should investigate players from other conferences and schools before making all these claims about these OSU players. It's extremely evident that you've focused most of your draft research on OSU and not nearly as much outside of that school.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Soloman Thomas  DT/DE Stanford
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 04:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dude, you really love yourself some Ohio St. You've been all about Hooker, McMillan, Elflein, and now Lattimore as being "best" at their positions. While I'm with you that all should be solid and COULD be elite players in the NFL, I really think you should investigate players from other conferences and schools before making all these claims about these OSU players. It's extremely evident that you've focused most of your draft research on OSU and not nearly as much outside of that school.
This was posted about 10 days ago. I hadn't done  much of my research and draft evidence and did not wanna post that much about players that I had only seen while watching games as opposed to specific people. It's also not just the school it's the conference. I mainly watch the big ten conference so that's the one I had seen the most so was more comfortable with the players from the conference. As far as osu all those players will be in the top 50 picks or so and had seen their videos first. Since then watched a lot of videos actually more excited about other players more 3 in particular. Mike Williams demarcus Walker love this guy and the steal of the draft mixon. Those 3 I love. Sorry if at the beginning I was all about osu just was most comfortable with big Ten and osu and those players were top 50. Since then watched a lot of tape and have way better opinions.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 05:24 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Soloman Thomas  DT/DE Stanford

hearing really good things he's moving up boards quick.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 03:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I just started looking into the top prospects over on Walter and no one is really sticking out to me as an obvious Bengals type of pick.

1. I don't see us going Tackle, as it doesn't seem likely they'll give up on Ogbuehi this soon, and top 10 is usually too early to look at RT. 
2. I don't see RB as likely, especially another one from LSU
3. Both Walter and Charlie mock Derek Barnett to us at 8, but Barnett is much shorter (word is he's 6'2") and smaller than a typical Bengals DE.
4. Top 10 seems high for a backer, but I guess this wouldn't completely stun me.
5. As much as we kid about CBs, I don't see it happening yet again.

Anybody jump out to you guys as an obvious pick if we're top 10?

1. Agreed, unless we can't re-sign Whit and want to take a LT. So far there might be one OT that could go in the top 10.
2. Agreed. We don't need a RB with ankle problems.
3. If there's a top pass rusher there at 9, I hope we take him.
4. We seem to play a nickle with two LBs about half the time, so a second top flight LB who can play all 3 downs would be a nice addition.
5. Agreed. Even if Jackson were healthy in 2016, he would have only seen limited action. I don't see us taking a corner in the 1st and if we re-sgin Kirkpatrick, we may not take a corner in any round.

What I really would like to see us do is take a guy who's going to play year one and have an impact. AJ Green had an impact. Eifert took a bit to work his way in. Dennard and Kirkpatrick took years. Zeitler worked right into the line up, but it took him a few years to become one of the better guards.

So I want a year one impact guy. Not sure what position that will be cause so much is going to happen between now that the draft.

Maybe, by the time draft day comes and we are on the clock, the top pass rushers are gone and so it a LT and the team could be sitting there feeling that Hooker is the guy who can have the most immediate impact. Or maybe WR Mike Williams really woes everyone at the combine but due to overdrafting of QBs, he gets pushed down to us and he's too good to pass up. Just no way of telling at this point.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm coming around on taking a RB at 9 and o-line in the 2nd. Anything to help fix this damn run game. I'd be ok with dumping Hill at this point, even though I don't think it's all on him.
Im glad im not the only one that feels this way.lets take a rb at 9 and ol in 2nd and can jeremy fumbhill.im tired of his stupid dances.it wouldnt be so bad if he helped move the ball down the field instead of td vulturing then dancing like he broke an 80 yarder.Its like hes rubbing it in our face that upper management here is incompetant and cant make the right personel moves.Im totally soured on hill after this season
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 04:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Dude, you really love yourself some Ohio St. You've been all about Hooker, McMillan, Elflein, and now Lattimore as being "best" at their positions. While I'm with you that all should be solid and COULD be elite players in the NFL, I really think you should investigate players from other conferences and schools before making all these claims about these OSU players. It's extremely evident that you've focused most of your draft research on OSU and not nearly as much outside of that school.

If we take another backup punt gunner at 9 i will be done for 2017 or until marvin is gone.mikey is alot older than i thought.Maybe katie and troy will grow some nuts when dad passes on
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 09:55 PM)BengalChris Wrote: 1. Agreed, unless we can't re-sign Whit and want to take a LT. So far there might be one OT that could go in the top 10.
2. Agreed. We don't need a RB with ankle problems.
3. If there's a top pass rusher there at 9, I hope we take him.
4. We seem to play a nickle with two LBs about half the time, so a second top flight LB who can play all 3 downs would be a nice addition.
5. Agreed. Even if Jackson were healthy in 2016, he would have only seen limited action. I don't see us taking a corner in the 1st and if we re-sgin Kirkpatrick, we may not take a corner in any round.

What I really would like to see us do is take a guy who's going to play year one and have an impact. AJ Green had an impact. Eifert took a bit to work his way in. Dennard and Kirkpatrick took years. Zeitler worked right into the line up, but it took him a few years to become one of the better guards.

So I want a year one impact guy. Not sure what position that will be cause so much is going to happen between now that the draft.

Maybe, by the time draft day comes and we are on the clock, the top pass rushers are gone and so it a LT and the team could be sitting there feeling that Hooker is the guy who can have the most immediate impact. Or maybe WR Mike Williams really woes everyone at the combine but due to overdrafting of QBs, he gets pushed down to us and he's too good to pass up. Just no way of telling at this point.

Well players taken in the top 10 aren't usually the types you'd sit and develop. I'm definitely hoping for an impact player. Someone who is going to start from day 1 and hopefully dominate from day 1.

Usually I'm all about the lines, and while I do think they both desperately need to be addressed, I'm hoping that #9 pick goes on a skill position player. A WR (Williams) or a RB (Fournette or Cook). 

If they play FA and the rest of the draft right, they can fix both lines, add new blood at LB and have a new stud offensive weapon to unleash in 2017. It's the only thing that would get me pumped for next season, tbh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I believe Derek Barnett and Reuben Foster are two very likely prospects for us to take.

Mike Williams is a wildcard depending on how free agency goes.

Don't think we will take Cook or Fournette, I believe they give the Hill-Gio attack another year.

Don't want Cam Robinson. And don't think we take him.

Malik Hooker could also be a possibility.

And finally, even though everyone may hate me for this, cornerback can also be a possibility. Mainly because we may lose Kirkpatrick, Jones has legal issues and may get cut, so that leaves us with Dennard, Shaw, and WJIII. Jackson has never gotten a real NFL snap. Dennard has struggled in the nickel CB, but he should be a perimeter guy anyway. I really like Shaw and want him to be our nickel CB.

But this is a VERY good secondary class. Both at safety and cornerback. So a secondary player is possible.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love if Myles Garrett, Jonothan Allen, Hooker, or Dalvin Cook fell to us.

Maybe Solomon Thomas as well but have not seen enough of him to make call.

Love Mike Williams but not sure that is where we go this early and he probably is gone like others mentioned here.

But if these cats are gone am fine with taking Cam Robinson even though others dislike him. Because if we do not fix O-line then we may as well draft Deshaun Watson because Dalton will not last.

No matter what is drafted in first really hope we go Center in 2nd round if one of top two are still available.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 02:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm coming around on taking a RB at 9 and o-line in the 2nd. Anything to help fix this damn run game. I'd be ok with dumping Hill at this point, even though I don't think it's all on him.

Dalvin Cook and John Toth sure would help our running game.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 04:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dalvin Cook and John Toth sure would help our running game.

This would be awesome,but knowing the bengals they will go cb at 9 and kicker in the 2nd..Bengals have been building for the future since marvin got here
Reply/Quote