Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
So who is our #4 WR
I think if coached up on route running Auden Tate can surely become more reliable..I think plenty of teams would love to have Auden Tate as possibly their #4 wide out...His height is a huge advantage...Not sure how football smart he is though
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:42 AM)Spider Wrote: I think if coached up on route running Auden Tate can surely become more reliable..I think plenty of teams would love to have Auden Tate as possibly their #4 wide out...His height is a huge advantage...Not sure how football smart he is though

I thought tate was underutilized and more often then not, he made some incredible contested catches. He may not fit what they are looking for in #4 but he has some value to at least trade. MyY thoughts on a  #4 is a straight up blazer type which is why when I saw Browns picked MrR 4.2 forty Schwartz made me sick. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 12:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I thought tate was underutilized and more often then not, he made some incredible contested catches. He may not fit what they are looking for in #4 but he has some value to at least trade. MyY thoughts on a  #4 is a straight up blazer type which is why when I saw Browns picked MrR 4.2 forty Schwartz made me sick. 

Man i think all of us can agree that Burrow can make a Mediocre receiver good and a good receiver great or atleast  very reliable..
Tate has that potential with more time with Joe in practice and more gameday snaps..
Thomas is a decent 3rd down option as well.. But Auden Tate has shown he can catch a not so perfect pass and as you said the contested catch..
Reply/Quote
Camp battle between Tate, Morgan, and a possible June 1st cut?
Reply/Quote
I suspect we will pick up someone when teams start making cuts. Or heck, line Moss up and see what he can do.
Reply/Quote
Remember when Zac thought Damion Willis should be starting for us?

Whatever happened to him?
Reply/Quote
Maybe they should have considered Bringing Marvin Jones back.. I mean he does hold the title for the most Flipping pure athletic touchdown possibly in bengal history...Ive been a fan for 35 years correct me if im wrong
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:36 PM)Spider Wrote: Maybe they should have considered Bringing Marvin Jones back.. I mean he does hold the title for the most Flipping pure athletic touchdown possibly in bengal history...Ive been a fan for 35 years correct me if im wrong

Are you thinking of Jerome Simpson’s flip TD?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:36 PM)Spider Wrote: Maybe they should have considered Bringing Marvin Jones back.. I mean he does hold the title for the most Flipping pure athletic touchdown possibly in bengal history...Ive been a fan for 35 years correct me if im wrong

I think you may be confusing Marvin Jones with Jerome Simpson...who did have the most acrobatic "flipping " TD I think I ve ever seen
Reply/Quote
Who needs a 4th WR... with 3 elite WRs... we will get a super bowl now.   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Should have taken the kid from Iowa in the 5th to backup Boyd.

Our first string WRs are excellent: Chase, Higgins, Boyd.

Our 2nd string is rough: Thomas, Tate, +?

I'd say Thomas is a better fit for Chase's deputy and Tate for Higgins' (bigger receiver). The kid we picked up from NW looks to be Erickson's replacement if he makes the team. And the guys from the PS (Morgan, Washington, Irwin) may get a shot.

WR depth is a weakness. Like Fred, I thought we'd take at least 2.
Reply/Quote
Oh shit my bad that was Jerome..
Get those two mixed up..
Thanks for correcting
Im just gonna have too keep reliving that Flip on youtube
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:39 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Who needs a 4th WR... with 3 elite WRs... we will get a super bowl now.   Sarcasm

Our Fab 4 needs a Ringo...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would be good with Tate except he seems to always be dinged up. I heard Anthony Miller may be on the outs in Chicago before the draft season heated up. I believe they were trying to deal him. Maybe he's a cut or could be had with minimal compensation. I don't know much about his game, but he's caught 101 balls the past two seasons- 52 in 2019 and 49 last year. He is entering the final year of his rookie contract.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if they could use the Chris Evans a little at WR. He’s seems quick and shifty.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean the guy who was often not even on the active roster on gamedays because he was behind Erickson and Mike Thomas?

Yes.  He is still around.  And we also re-signed Thomas who I assume would currently be listed as our #4 WR.

But I don't have much confidence in either of those guys.

Sounds like you answered your own question
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Remember when Zac thought Damion Willis should be starting for us?

Whatever happened to him?

Biggest rookie coach moment ever. Felt like he was trying to motivate AJ or something or show he’s the coach and his authority is end all be all.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 03:58 PM)motoarch Wrote: Sounds like you answered your own question

No.

I know who I don't have confidence in, but I don't know who I do want to be our #4.
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate easy. You can close the thread now.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not grabbing at least one more WR in this draft was my only minor complaint. I guess I’d feel ok with Tate as #4, but when we inevitably lose Chase to the 1st round injury curse that bumps Tate up to being a starter. Which would be...not ideal.

The Bengals play on the road in Detroit this year, where their first round picks go to get injuries. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote