Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
So who is our #4 WR
I dont get the mistrust Some of you are having with Tate..
Maybe he doesnt practice well thats why he rarely sees game action.. i dunno
But hes proven he can make stellar catches when he gets an opportunity
I mean weve all seen the grabs he can make with his height at his advantage
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 03:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wonder if they could use the Chris Evans a little at WR. He’s seems quick and shifty.

Someone said he was a slot receiver before moving to RB. 
Reply/Quote
Chris Evans, Boyd, Higgins, Chase and Perine all are good willing blockers. AJ and Ross not so much. Should help the running game and screens.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:17 PM)Spider Wrote: I dont get the mistrust Some of you are having with Tate..

Auden Tate’s speed, agility, and athleticism is considered in the same realm as an average TE.
Around a 4.7 40, 31” vert, 9’ broad, 4.58 shuttle, 7.37 3-cone.
He’s actually less agile than Drew Sample.
Tate’s only saving grace is his elite size and ability to make circus catches. Every catch looks spectacular because it has to be given he doesn’t get any separation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:17 PM)Spider Wrote: I dont get the mistrust Some of you are having with Tate..

He has 1 career TD in 3 years...

I like Tate well enough (and I’ve even defended him a lot here), but he just never became the red zone weapon I hoped he’d be.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean the guy who was often not even on the active roster on gamedays because he was behind Erickson and Mike Thomas?

Yes.  He is still around.  And we also re-signed Thomas who I assume would currently be listed as our #4 WR.

But I don't have much confidence in either of those guys.

I would be OK with Thomas at#4 and Tate at 5.I feel Thomas is a little underrated.They don’t call his number much,but I feel as he gets more chemistry with Burrow I believe he can be a very capable #4 receiver.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 03:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Wonder if they could use the Chris Evans a little at WR. He’s seems quick and shifty.

They mentioned during the draft that he was the smoothest pass catcher of all the running backs and that Michigan was initially looking at using him in slot looks. I doubt we would use him like that but it is intriguing.
Reply/Quote
Well I give Tate edge over Thomas when we go 4 seems a bit more sure handed and gives them a big body out of the 4.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He has 1 career TD in 3 years...

I like Tate well enough (and I’ve even defended him a lot here), but he just never became the red zone weapon I hoped he’d be.

Yes 1 career TD is Not acceptable over 3 seasons
Im curious how many times hes been targeted in the Endzone in the very limited playing time hes had..
I thnk its just another case of wasted talent by the decison makers of this franchise..
We dont know these guys.. Work Ethic/ Passion/Heart etc..
My opinion is based on pure Speculation..
But i do know what he has shown In the past..
Coach em up..
If he needs Cardio to get quicker than push him unless he dont want to be better..
Im sure some of these guys are there basically for the nice paycheck and what the extra bonuses that come with the Gig..
Marvin could push him to achieve his abilities i sure of it..
Marv was a pure players coach.. Even though he didnt want many too see it.. Players related to Marvin on a personal level..
Damn Marvin.. Wanted him to get over the hump here so bad..
He deserved Playoff success..
Such a shame..
Now iim done.. Geez emotional much I am??
Reply/Quote
That 7th round pick should have been used on Trevon Grimes rather than letting him go undrafted. He would have been a perfect #4 with his catch radius and he could play special teams.
Reply/Quote
Right now it seems to be Auden Tate. This is a big year for Tate.
Everrybody wants to point out he has 1 TD in 3 years.
I think.because of him.being the 4th WR and lets see how many
QBs has he had throwing to.him since he has been here?
Andy Dalton, Ryan.Finely, Brandon.Allen, Joe Burrow.
With him.being not the being the top 2 recieving WR options
Its really hard to for him.to.find any kind of rhythm with any QB
As much as we value chemistry between Chase and Burrow
Tate has had none with any QB.

I think.Mike Thomas is a bit overated on.these boards
He does nothing exceptional as a WR. But for some reason
He gets praise. He is inconsistanf.Ive seen him.make a big catch
Then drop 2.

Maybe a guy like Trent Irwin can make a impression and some plays
In preseason.

I think the at some point this front office will looking at FA WRs
Why.not a guy like Kenny Stills and kick.The tires on.him
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate. Who has been mindbendingly under utilised so far.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 09:41 AM)BritishBengal Wrote: Auden Tate. Who has been mindbendingly under utilised so far.

I agree

I'm not saying Tate is Jerry Rice 2.0 - trying to ease the attacks up. However I still feel he can be an effective contributor. 
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 09:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree

I'm not saying Tate is Jerry Rice 2.0 - trying to ease the attacks up. However I still feel he can be an effective contributor. 

I feel like he has only ever played well when given a chance. He had a game last year (I think in the Titan win) and he was brilliant. Had 6 or 7 catches, showed great radius and hands and to be honest looked like even a solid #2. Then that was it for the year. So odd.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 09:45 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree

Couldn't agree more. Tate has proven himself to be sure hands, making difficult & even dangerous (landing) catches.  He is not flashy or even a speedster, but wherever he's on the field, he'll be the one catching it. Tall & Big, heck, he'll probably be our #1 TE if he we moved him there.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:26 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Someone said he was a slot receiver before moving to RB. 

He supposedly was, but I like Pooka Williams more as a speedy, shifty slot guy, TBH.
Pooka is too light to play RB full-time, but he's very similar in size to Hawkins.
He also had 66 receptions for 534 yards and 4 TDs across 26 games, which is more receptions than Evans had across 42 games.
He also clocked a 4.38 40 at his Pro Day, and also had a good shuttle (4.01) and 3-cone (6.96).

From this article, it says "Pass protection will be a struggle without added strength, but a good coach will use him as a receiver instead."
https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/3/9/22320016/49ers-meet-with-rb-pooka-williams-at-his-pro-day-where-he-ran-a-4-38-40-yard-dash
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I’ve always liked Lee. I could also be game for Dede Westbrook or Damiere Byrd. Probably Westbrook since he’s 6’ and only 28 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree one of these would be great.  
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2021, 09:58 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Couldn't agree more. Tate has proven himself to be sure hands, making difficult & even dangerous (landing) catches.  He is not flashy or even a speedster, but wherever he's on the field, he'll be the one catching it. Tall & Big, heck, he'll probably be our #1 TE if he we moved him there.

He's about the same speed and agility-wise as Drew Sample.
However, Sample is a better blocker than Tate.

I do think Tate could be an upgrade over Sample as a receiving TE, but I don't think he'd be a Top 10 TE in yardage and/or TEs.
If you compared Tate's 2019 stats (78 targets, 40 receptions for 575 yards and 1 TD) to the 2020 TE ranks...
Yards - 14th among TEs
TDs - 51st (tied) among TEs
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Flashing a little would have been okay if he was just a rookie, but last year was his fifth year in the league.  He has 23 receptions for his entire career.

In five years?  Seriously?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Our #4 WR may not even be part of the roster yet. My guess is that we'll bring in some Cap casualties (veterans) to compete.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote