Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Fans Need an Eye Exam
The other night I walked a local neighborhood with the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering as we accompanied our youngest offspring for trick or treat. I had a Bengals hoodie on and I encountered a set of parents wearing Tyler Eifert jerseys and after exchanging pleasantries while our children went to the door for candy, the man in the Eifert Jersey went off.

“I can’t stand that awful Dalton, “ he bellowed. “Thirty yard ‘Hail Mary’ passes, takes too many sacks, and he needs to be traded.”

As I tried to explain the offensive line’s ineptitude, the man wasn’t having any of it. He continued ranting, “That old excuse! The line is good but Dalton stinks. He hangs onto the ball too long.”

“What about the bad run game?” I asked. “The line isn’t opening holes.”

The man in the Eifert jersey said, “No! The line is opening holes but the backs are too lazy to look for them.”

Thankfully our children returned from getting candy at that moment. The poor guy was clueless.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, glad that you are much more reticent than I. As I would likely have went to an elevated tone, expounding the virtues of an OL that knows what to do.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As a fellow Kettonian, I’d like to apologize for my father’s lunacy that night.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: As a fellow Kettonian, I’d like to apologize for my father’s lunacy that night.

He certainly wore the Eifert Jersey well.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: He certainly wore the Eifert Jersey well.

Especially at church.
Reply/Quote
He must have stepped on a used needle in the parking lot .

Reply/Quote
Sounds like you encountered a wild idiot.

Unfortunately, the world is full of them.

Like Zubats in Mt. Moon.

...That my be too nerdy of a reference for a football forum...
Reply/Quote
Not the first time I have heard of somebodies hate for Dalton causing them to be blind to all else.

Sad

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
LOL, at the game Sunday Dalton evaded a sack, rolled out and threw a pass that bounced off Krofts hands. Immediately the section started booing Dalton. It was bizarre
Reply/Quote
The QB is just the easy target for casual fans to blame.
Reply/Quote
Huh... Sounds like a typical steelers fan
Reply/Quote
I stopped discussing Bengals games around people outside of a few choices.

Everyone wants to blame Dalton, fair, he touches the ball the most and does have mistakes. Didn’t realize the blind idiocy until I was at the Houston game.

Many people don’t see the game for the Xs and Os. Usually when you see what people really know about the game.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:41 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The QB is just the easy target for casual fans to blame.

Yeah and a red headed one at that.

It's amazing how much more hate some display because of the color of his hair.

That has got to be the stupidest thing ever.

I have found though the majority of the people who trash on Dalton have no clue to who the other players are on the team.

Other than just a handful of starters.

Usually when that is the case I bow out of the conversation because their casual fandom causes them to be illogical in processing real team issues.

They just blame the QB and parrot the Dalton sucks narrative.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 05:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah and a red headed one at that.

It's amazing how much more hate some display because of the color of his hair.

That has got to be the stupidest thing ever.

I have found though the majority of the people who trash on Dalton have no clue to who the other players are on the team.

Other than just a handful of starters.

Usually when that is the case I bow out of the conversation because their casual fandom causes them to be illogical in processing real team issues.

They just blame the QB and parrot the Dalton sucks narrative.

This. 

He also gets scrutinized for not being Rodgers, Manning or Brady...as if people don't realize how lucky they are to get those.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:07 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: This. 

He also gets scrutinized for not being Rodgers, Manning or Brady...as if people don't realize how lucky they are to get those.
A bit off OP topic here but...

I actually had a Browns fan tell me when the McCarron deal fell through that he didn't even want Dalton let alone that guy.

I mean c'mon man...  really?!?

QB purgatory and you wouldn't want Dalton?

That's just a flat out lie and ridiculous.

Because "he hasn't won anything" was the statement.

How about at least one game for that sorry ass team??
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:24 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A bit off OP topic here but...

I actually had a Browns fan tell me when the McCarron deal fell through that he didn't even want Dalton let alone that guy.

Browns fans will always speak ignorance. They forget Dalton rescued this team from falling apart. The season we drafted Dalton analysts had us going 2-14 or 3-13. I remember them saying it would take us years to re-build and become relevant. 

Dalton is easy pickings because he has 'limited' 'cool' factor. He's not a HUGE athlete (both in terms of sales and athletic ability) and doesn't sell jerseys like a Cam or Wilson. He will always take criticism for this and many factors. That being said, I've watched PLENTY of Cam Newton games, the dude makes JUST as many mistakes if not more than Dalton (one could argue, hey, he doesn't have the weapons). Same can be said with Wilson, and others. 

Browns, with a decent, even AVERAGE QB could win 2 games the rest of the season. 

Reply/Quote
A few weeks back a steelers fan at a bar was telling me about how Timmons beat Dalton into the ground....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The other night I walked a local neighborhood with the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering as we accompanied our youngest offspring for trick or treat.  I had a Bengals hoodie on and I encountered a set of parents wearing Tyler Eifert jerseys and after exchanging pleasantries while our children went to the door for candy, the man in the Eifert Jersey went off.

“I can’t stand that awful Dalton, “ he bellowed. “Thirty yard ‘Hail Mary’ passes, takes too many sacks, and he needs to be traded.”

As I tried to explain the offensive line’s ineptitude, the man wasn’t having any of it.  He continued ranting, “That old excuse!  The line is good but Dalton stinks.  He hangs onto the ball too long.”

The man in the Eifert jersey said, “No!  The line is opening holes but the backs are too lazy to look for them.”

Thankfully our children returned from getting candy at that moment.  The poor guy was clueless.

The stuff I hear at the games has made me basically want to not renew season tickets.  Their complete hatred toward Dalton is 100 times worse (and misdirected) than the product on the field.  Hell, I kept these tickets when 6 wins was considered a good season.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 06:24 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A bit off OP topic here but...

It's a national thing. I live in the Northwest and whenever someone decides to talk Bengals with me, it's all about Dalton and how he's at fault for everything. Sacks, bad running game, receivers dropping balls....all attributed to Dalton.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The other night I walked a local neighborhood with the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering as we accompanied our youngest offspring for trick or treat.  I had a Bengals hoodie on and I encountered a set of parents wearing Tyler Eifert jerseys and after exchanging pleasantries while our children went to the door for candy, the man in the Eifert Jersey went off.

As I tried to explain the offensive line’s ineptitude, the man wasn’t having any of it.  He continued ranting, “That old excuse!  The line is good but Dalton stinks.  He hangs onto the ball too long.”

The man in the Eifert jersey said, “No!  The line is opening holes but the backs are too lazy to look for them.”

Thankfully our children returned from getting candy at that moment.  The poor guy was clueless.

I know right? Kinda like coming on to the boards here after the Browns game and reading things like, "This team still can get to the Super Bowl after yesterdays victory against Cleveland!"  Ninja
Reply/Quote