Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some Fans Need an Eye Exam
(11-04-2017, 09:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol its funny Hopkins has improved every week aka the last 3 games ( injur3d game one kised houston and greenbay played half of thr Bills game) and according to the site you quote weekly PFF he was thr highest graded lineman with a 70 something against the Colts. (That's with a 0 protection scheme)

DeCastro looked overwhelmed his rookie year in thr preseaons he was in skates alot and was Below average his second after his knee injury. He turned it on in his third season in Pittsburgh.

As for your free agents list...Why didn't Green Bay sign Leary Albert or Sullivan....Why didn't the Jets Texans Seahawks Giants Lions sign all of those guys they have offensive line troubles too...because it's not as easy as calling them and saying here's a 50 you are playing in us now.

And yes you keep mentioning replacing Fisher did in this very thread at least once by saying 4 lineman need replaced. 

The question you should be asking is: Why haven't the Bengals won a single playoff game since modern free agency began in 1992.

I didn't realize you were so Pro Bengals Management.

So you think the way they run things is right even after seeing the trainwreck we have this year?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2017, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The question you should be asking is: Why haven't the Bengals won a single playoff game since modern free agency began in 1992.

I didn't realize you were so Pro Bengals Management.

So you think the way they run things is right even after seeing the trainwreck we have this year?

No. I've said multiple times. Their biggest mistakes has been the bad picks on the defensive line in rounds 2-4. And not addressing the innterior line rolling with guys like TJ Johnson and Eric Winston that had no chance at competing for the starting lineup for multiple seasons not just 1 cuz they needed a veteran backup. That's my thoughts on team building.

As for coaching I have said more than once I don't think PA is an awful technique coach but has a bad eye for talent and in Cincy coaches are huge in the scouting process. They should have made Jay Gruden HC in 2013 with Zimmer's protégé PG as DC (Both Gruden and Zim wanted him as DC when they left). For posion coaches I've wanted rid of the Hayes brothers and Zampese as the QB coach.

PS: As for the people talking Hue for HC I had red flags watching Hard Knocks in 2013. In 2012 Hue was the assistant DB coach but on hard knocks in 2013 those defensive backs really looked like they despised him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Guenther has been here way too long. He's been with Marvin since like 2002. To expect him to do things drastically different...probably won't be realistic.

Gruden, Zimmer...both worked outside the organization and had fresh ideas.

Hue...I don't know. We had good personnel when he was successful here. The big thing is a HC needs a different skillset than an OC. Like when a play fails people think it's Marvin. It's the OC that calls it. Coordinators draw up X's and O's. HC's define the overall strategy for the team and the coordinators implement it.

Many a skilled tactician has failed at HC. Then sometimes a guy like Cowher that is a special teams coach becomes a great HC.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 934bb7f844711b8e96a4161954cb90a8--optome...doctor.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The other night I walked a local neighborhood with the lovely Mrs. Fan_in_Kettering as we accompanied our youngest offspring for trick or treat.  I had a Bengals hoodie on and I encountered a set of parents wearing Tyler Eifert jerseys and after exchanging pleasantries while our children went to the door for candy, the man in the Eifert Jersey went off.

“I can’t stand that awful Dalton, “ he bellowed. “Thirty yard ‘Hail Mary’ passes, takes too many sacks, and he needs to be traded.”

As I tried to explain the offensive line’s ineptitude, the man wasn’t having any of it.  He continued ranting, “That old excuse!  The line is good but Dalton stinks.  He hangs onto the ball too long.”

“What about the bad run game?” I asked. “The line isn’t opening holes.”

The man in the Eifert jersey said, “No!  The line is opening holes but the backs are too lazy to look for them.”

Thankfully our children returned from getting candy at that moment.  The poor guy was clueless.

If you repeat something enough you start actually believing it. No matter how stupid it is.
Reply/Quote