Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Kaepernick Crow???
I was going to add this as a reply in the Driskell thread, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to step up and humble themselves.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SF

Many of the ones that went ballistic and trashed Lewis and Brown for taking Dalton over Kap, please step forward to the Crow Buffet Table. (I realize some of these folks may no longer frequent here anymore.)

ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR A SMALL AMOUNT OF HUMBLENESS!!
Reply/Quote
Listen, I am an unabashed Dalton fan through and through, especially during his TCU days, but this is such a spam post.

If we're going to call people out for being wrong about things, then we'd have a post like this every single day of the week non stop. Kaepernick hasn't turned out as well as some had thought, but it's not like he's been a complete and total bust. He's shown some flashes here and there, and helped get a team to the Super Bowl. Yes, Dalton has turned out better, and I'm glad, but attacking people who preferred one over the other just makes you look foolish.

I've never understood the purpose of these posts, unless it's to water down opinions and to make people feel awful for expressing their own.
Reply/Quote
I think things would have gone differently for Kaepernick had Harbaugh stayed in Frisco. The dude is a freakish athlete. He looked amazing early on, but fizzled out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:00 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Listen, I am an unabashed Dalton fan through and through, especially during his TCU days, but this is such a spam post.

If we're going to call people out for being wrong about things, then we'd have a post like this every single day of the week non stop. Kaepernick hasn't turned out as well as some had thought, but it's not like he's been a complete and total bust. He's shown some flashes here and there, and helped get a team to the Super Bowl. Yes, Dalton has turned out better, and I'm glad, but attacking people who preferred one over the other just makes you look foolish.

I've never understood the purpose of these posts, unless it's to water down opinions and to make people feel awful for expressing their own.

EVERYBODY LIKES TO BE RIGHT, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN/WOMAN TO STEP UP WHEN THEY ARE PROVEN WRONG, AND YOU HAVE JUST GIVEN AMMO TO PROVE THOSE FOLKS ARE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN!!

It's all about manning up.  I will be the first in line to man up about my 9-7 season prediction with the Bengals missing the playoffs, based on the assumption they will continue to let Pittsburgh goad them most every time they play them, IF things end up going the opposite way. I would love to belly up to the crow buffet, but when you've been a fan from the Bengals birth, you hope for the best and expect the disappointments until they prove otherwise!

My mood is actual "Cautiously Optimistic".  

Getting a team to a SB and losing only means you are one of the 31 losers for that season.

Just like Lewis said when he was asked, early on this year, "Are you disappointed at how things ended last year?"  Lewis, "There are always 31 teams that are disappointed EVERY year!"
Reply/Quote
What's there to eat? Kaepernick was a raw prospect coming out with a huge upside.

He had some great years and even made it to the Super Bowl. He's been to the Championship game twice (last time was literally 2 years ago).

The guy's career isn't over. The San Francisco 49ers organization has been a dumpster fire since the firing of Harbaugh.

So it's hard to say people should eat crow over a QB who has played in only 1 less playoff game than our head coach (6 to 7). And he's won 4 of those games.

Trying to figure out why one needs to eat crow? Because he's lower on the depth chart? Okay. He's done some great things and still has potential.

I mean, Kurt Warner was a backup again and we saw how that turned out. Careers aren't always determined so early.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
They got all of the QB's from that draft except for the best one. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: What's there to eat? Kaepernick was a raw prospect coming out with a huge upside.

He had some great years and even made it to the Super Bowl. He's been to the Championship game twice (last time was literally 2 years ago).

The guy's career isn't over. The San Francisco 49ers organization has been a dumpster fire since the firing of Harbaugh.

So it's hard to say people should eat crow over a QB who has played in only 1 less playoff game than our head coach (6 to 7). And he's won 4 of those games.

Trying to figure out why one needs to eat crow? Because he's lower on the depth chart? Okay. He's done some great things and still has potential.

I mean, Kurt Warner was a backup again and we saw how that turned out. Careers aren't always determined so early.

Were you one of the bashers?  If so, you have proved my point.
Reply/Quote
BTW, most people here think Zimmer is a smart guy and has done an amazing job with the Vikings in just two years. He just traded away a first round draft pick to get Sam Bradford, who has never played in a playoff game, as opposed to taking Kap, a playoff and SB experienced QB?? Zimmer saw the handwriting on the wall.
Reply/Quote
You forgot the last line of your post. But don't worry, I got it right here for you.

"And remember next time the team makes a decision between 2 players not to voice your opinion, lest you be forced to answer to it 5 years later!"
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You forgot the last line of your post. But don't worry, I got it right here for you.

"And remember next time the team makes a decision between 2 players not to voice your opinion, lest you be forced to answer to it 5 years later!"

Don't see that in the post anywhere?????

But I do see this:

"Many of the ones that went 'ballistic and trashed Lewis and Brown' for taking Dalton over Kap, ...."

See the difference??   Wink

Beside that, you gotta let the 5 years play out before you can say, "See I told you so, or, Oooops, guess I got that one wrong"
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:28 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Don't see that in the post anywhere?????

But I do see this:

"Many of the ones that went 'ballistic and trashed Lewis and Brown' for taking Dalton over Kap, ...."

See the difference??   Wink

Beside that, you gotta let the 5 years play out before you can say, "See I told you so, or,  Oooops, guess I got that one wrong"

Hm. You're not very good at this.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:25 PM)jason Wrote: I think things would have gone differently for Kaepernick had Harbaugh stayed in Frisco. The dude is a freakish athlete. He looked amazing early on, but fizzled out.

This.  The 9er's have a bunch of morons (chiefly Trent Baalke, GM) presiding over that dumpster fire.  Harbaugh has been highly successful everywhere he's been. Baalke won the power struggle, and has proceeded to destroy what was arguably one of the Top 2-4 teams in the league.  Harbaugh already has Michigan positioned for a title threat.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Before, and when he was drafted, i didn't want anything to do with Dalton. 

And guess what?

I ain't eatin SHIT!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The 49ers are a duster fire because they were an old team when they were going deep.
It was easy to see this decline coming.

They were not good because of Kap and he is not the reason they are bad.

He is the reason he is just ok though and clearly a bad decision maker.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Before, and when he was drafted, i didn't want anything to do with Dalton. 

And guess what?

I ain't eatin SHIT!!

The defense rests.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:40 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hm. You're not very good at this.

How does that saying go ......  "Opinions are like *******, everybody has one!!"   Wink

(You're just a couch coach like the rest of us Crazy)

As a matter of fact, there ARE folk that want to be right so bad, that they'd trade off a Bengals loss, JUST TO BE RIGHT!! Ain't that some s***!!!
Reply/Quote
[Image: quote-i-truly-believe-colin-kaepernick-c...-13-33.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:48 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: This.  The 9er's have a bunch of morons (chiefly Trent Baalke, GM) presiding over that dumpster fire.  Harbaugh has been highly successful everywhere he's been. Baalke won the power struggle, and has proceeded to destroy what was arguably one of the Top 2-4 teams in the league.  Harbaugh already has Michigan positioned for a title threat.

As a side bar, and as much as it pains me to say this, you're right about Harbaugh and the team from up North.  

Just glad we got Meyer on our side!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:58 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: EVERYBODY LIKES TO BE RIGHT, BUT IT TAKES A REAL MAN/WOMAN TO STEP UP WHEN THEY ARE PROVEN WRONG, AND YOU HAVE JUST GIVEN AMMO TO PROVE THOSE FOLKS ARE FAR AND FEW BETWEEN!!

It's all about manning up.  I will be the first in line to man up about my 9-7 season prediction with the Bengals missing the playoffs, based on the assumption they will continue to let Pittsburgh goad them most every time they play them, IF things end up going the opposite way.  I would love to belly up to the crow buffet, but when you've been a fan from the Bengals birth, you hope for the best and expect the disappointments until they prove otherwise!  

My mood is actual "Cautiously Optimistic".  

Getting a team to a SB and losing only means you are one of the 31 losers for that season.

Just like Lewis said when he was asked, early on this year, "Are you disappointed at how things ended last year?"  Lewis, "There are always 31 teams that are disappointed EVERY year!"

Who gives a crap about manning up? I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. Basically, all you're saying is that if Kaepernick and Dalton never reach a Super Bowl, then they both suck. In your scenario, Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino. Dilfer has a ring, Marino does not.

You're also trying to get people to fess up to being wrong...on the internet? Good luck with that one, man. Let me know how it works out for you. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 10:42 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Who gives a crap about manning up? I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. Basically, all you're saying is that if Kaepernick and Dalton never reach a Super Bowl, then they both suck. In your scenario, Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino. Dilfer has a ring, Marino does not.

You're also trying to get people to fess up to being wrong...on the internet? Good luck with that one, man. Let me know how it works out for you. 

It's not about trying to 'Get' people to do anything.  It's a social experiment that replies like this, just prove the point that all us couch coaches want to be right, to the point of that some would rather give up a Bengals loss than to have to admit they were wrong about ANYTHING!

After 2012 some in Jungle Noise were having a conniption fit, blasting Brown and Lewis for taking Dalton over Kap.  The reason why, was because the 9ers played in a SB and the Bengals did not.  

Fast forward to 2016 and Dalton is trying to lead his team to 6 straight playoff appearances, and WIN a SB, (no chance to 'win' a SB, if you don't make the playoffs), and Kap is a third string QB.

As far as Marino goes, there was never even an insinuation that Dilfer could even hold Marino's jock strap, but Marino had said, on more than one occasion, that he would trade all his stats for a ring.  

The point with Dilfer was to show, that, yes Kurt Warner won a SB, but so has Trent Dilfer.  

As a couch coach you know that defenses win SBs more than not.

If you don't like a thread or post, drive on by like I do.  No one is forcing you to weigh in anywhere that I know of.
Reply/Quote