Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Republicans vote against anti-bigotry resolution.
(04-12-2019, 09:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/12/trump-un-committee-1272422?fbclid=IwAR2TX51nIOqpFKXiX54ZzSUmVKGb1J1K65gkyL0jVU_5CYUeDm6MyIvmyQs

The White House blocked the renomination of our current representative (an Obama nominee) for the UN committee on racism and declined to nominate someone to replace her.

DJT posted a video tying Omar's speech to 9/11.  Surprisingly no blowback from the right.

(I won't link it because it doesn't deserve to be seen any more than it already was.)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-15-2019, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: DJT posted a video tying Omar's speech to 9/11.  Surprisingly no blowback from the right.

(I won't link it because it doesn't deserve to be seen any more than it already was.)

Omar's speech was about 9/11, at least in part.  How would anyone have to tie it to the topic of the speech?
(04-15-2019, 11:03 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Omar's speech was about 9/11, at least in part.  How would anyone have to tie it to the topic of the speech?

"In part" being the key point.

If you saw the video you see how one can't not have a problem with it and the message it sends.

Wait, yes I can see....
Now, after his "Never forget" video the POTUS tweets this this morning:

"never forget" 
(04-15-2019, 09:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: DJT posted a video tying Omar's speech to 9/11.  Surprisingly no blowback from the right.

How dare Trump, or anyone for that matter, try to tie that speech to 9/11. On what basis could they do such a thing? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-15-2019, 11:06 AM)GMDino Wrote: "In part" being the key point.

If you saw the video you see how one can't not have a problem with it and the message it sends.

Wait, yes I can see....

I don't know how you can "see" as I've not seen the video.  Assumptions aren't a good basis for conversation.
(04-15-2019, 11:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How dare Trump, or anyone for that matter, try to tie that speech to 9/11. On what basis could they do such a thing? 

Hmmm....again, watch it.  It not just tying it to 9/11.  It's tying HER to 9/11.  Not that you will go against your oath to support everything he says.

(04-15-2019, 11:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't know how you can "see" as I've not seen the video.  Assumptions aren't a good basis for conversation.

Mellow

"If you saw the video..."

I know you're smart enough to google and find it.  And that's not assumption.   ThumbsUp
Trump supporters have killed more Americans then ISIS in the last 2 years, and they are after Omar with serious death threats leading to congressional security being on high alert.

Could you imagine if it was a Dem who had their terrorist after a Republican?

It's not, so Americans don't care. But if it was....... The outrage would be deafening.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(04-15-2019, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hmmm....again, watch it.  It not just tying it to 9/11.  It's tying HER to 9/11.  Not that you will go against your oath to support everything he says.

I don't support everything he says, not even close.  Is this make it up Monday for you or something?

Quote:Mellow

I know you're smart enough to google and find it.  And that's not assumption.   ThumbsUp

Why did you leave out the last sentence of your post?  It's rather pertinent.
(04-15-2019, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hmmm....again, watch it.  It not just tying it to 9/11.  It's tying HER to 9/11.  Not that you will go against your oath to support everything he says.

Mellow

Ahh, I'm just going by what you actually typed "Tying Omar's speech". Not sure what my oath has to do with that. BTW, why did you make HER all caps; was it something you wanted the reader to focus on? 

(04-15-2019, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Ahh, I'm just going by what you actually typed "Tying Omar's speech". Not sure what my oath has to do with that. BTW, why did you make HER all caps; was it something you wanted the reader to focus on? 

I did. Very good!

And you read the REST of the statement and understood the context.

Maybe there is hope for you after all! Smirk
(04-15-2019, 11:54 AM)jj22 Wrote: Trump supporters have killed more Americans then ISIS in the last 2 years, and they are after Omar with serious death threats leading to congressional security being on high alert.

Could you imagine if it was a Dem who had their terrorist after a Republican?

It's not, so Americans don't care. But if it was....... The outrage would be deafening.

How much did Americans care when Steve Scalise was shot? 

WTS, here's absolutely no call for death threats and anyone found guilty should be punished accordingly, but Omar has zero ground to blame others for what she said. 

Has she even offered an apology to those that may have viewed her comments as trivializing an atrocity or simply went with "you guys cannot grasp what I said"?  

(04-15-2019, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I did. Very good!

And you read the REST of the statement and understood the context.

Maybe there is hope for you after all! Smirk

Yeah, apparently the context was something about an oath. You didn't try to make it personal did you? Was that the context?

(04-15-2019, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How much did Americans care when Steve Scalise was shot? 

Lots. Unless you have some proof otherwise?

(04-15-2019, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS, here's absolutely no call for death threats and anyone found guilty should be punished accordingly, but Omar has zero ground to blame others for what she said. 

Can she blame others for what they said about her? Like the POTUS?

(04-15-2019, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Has she even offered an apology to those that may have viewed her comments as trivializing an atrocity or simply went with "you guys cannot grasp what I said"?  

Would it matter? You took (and your ilk) took one line out of her speech to politicize 9/11 and accuse her of being un-american.

Like I said when I got involved in this thread: It's only because she's a "leftist" that you guys are so upset. But I didn't expect anyone to admit that.

And like I said that one line is bad so I don't care if people took umbrage with it...as long as they kept in context of the rest of the speech. People are entitled to their opinions...even if they are one sided.
(04-15-2019, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Lots.  Unless you have some proof otherwise?

Can she blame others for what they said about her?  Like the POTUS?

Would it matter?  You took (and your ilk) took one line out of her speech to politicize 9/11 and accuse her of being un-american.

Like I said when I got involved in this thread: It's only because she's a "leftist" that you guys are so upset.  But I didn't expect anyone to admit that.

And like I said that one line is bad so I don't care if people took umbrage with it...as long as they kept in context of the rest of the speech.  People are entitled to their opinions...even if they are one sided.

You've been asked before to stop lying in an attempt to attack people in this forum. Not one time have I said and/or accused Omar of being un-american. I know you have a special carte blanche around here, but I responded to 2 threads so far to day and you have used both to attack me personally. 

(04-15-2019, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You've been asked before to stop lying in an attempt to attack people in this forum. Not one time have I said and/or accused Omar of being un-american.

Others have..."your ilk" . Don't take everything so personally.

(04-15-2019, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know you have a special carte blanche around here,

Rolleyes

(04-15-2019, 12:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: but I responded to 2 threads so far to day and you have used both to attack me personally. 

Sorry you took it that way. My apologies.

You have criticiszed Omar's one sentence as have others from your side of the aisle who have also accused her of "trivializing" 9/11 and questioned whether she is un-american. Perhaps that is a bit clearer.
I think American voters cared when Scalise was shot. They were united in outrage. They didn't stand for attacks against him like they did Giffords. Who Trump supporters and Republicans still like to attack to this day.

When has the media or Americans demanded Trump (or any other Republican for that matter) to apologize?

Why do they only demand it (and get it) from Democrats?

She should apologize. After Trump.

(04-15-2019, 02:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think American voters cared when Scalise was shot. They were united in outrage. They didn't stand for attacks against him like they did Giffords. Who Trump supporters and Republicans still like to attack to this day.

When has the media or Americans demanded Trump (or any other Republican for that matter) to apologize?

Why do they only demand it (and get it) from Democrats?

She should apologize. After Trump.

Matt Gaetz comes to mind as a recent example. Are you really suggesting folks don't demand apologies from the Right (mainly POTUS) on a daily basis? Surely, you know better. 

They try, they just don't get it. The media harps on Dems until they do. They don't do that to Republicans.

Can we go ahead and write the exact rules for what we have to say whenever we mention 9-11 so that none of us get accused of trivializing it.

Do we have to use the word "murder"?

Do we have to mention exactly how many people died?

Do we have to  include the word "muslim"?

Looks like this is going to be a huge issue going forward and I don't want to offend anyone by mentioning 9-11 without trivializing it.

And what about lying about what happened on 9-11 in order to score political points?  Is that as bad as not mentioning how many people were killed?  Or is that perfectly acceptable as long as it is spoken in a "straightforward" manner by a person who "says what he means" even if it is a total lie?