Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some reasons to feel good heading into the Steelers game
(09-15-2016, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Appreciate your honesty.  Let me try to give you some enthusiasm to get you a bit higher in the air (following your flight analogy).

The biggest improvement you will see in any team is typically between weeks 1 and 2.  Zamp has been around for over a decade of battles against the team to our east.  He knows what will work against their defense.  The offensive line saw some very exotic stunts and twists that they had some lapses in communication on and a couple sacks were simply Dalton getting the rust off and holding the ball too long.  Look how he finished!  Something like 20 of 23 for over 250 yards and a TD?  The defense was dead set on not giving up big plays and keeping Decker and Marshall in check...mission accomplished.  I didn't like seeing Forte go off, but I would take giving up 22 points on the road to a loaded team in week 1. 

Oh, and wearing the black jerseys in that 90+ degree heat couldn't have helped matters in week 1. 

The steelers looked like world beaters...against a team that would contend with the Browns for last in our division. The NFC East sucks rhinoceros balls. They are awful on defense (great use of a $15 million per year CB, put him on one side and don't move him with Brown...how'd that work out for ya, Jay?  Pinhead) and Cousins was bouncing passes on 8 yard patterns with no defender nearby.  Skins beat themselves as much as steelers beat them.  Even former steeler Jim Miller was saying that almost any team could have beat that redskins team. 

I'm also hopeful that Dennard becomes the second player to finally make an impact after a long injury history with little to no playing time (Margus was first).  He went full go yesterday.  Wouldn't it be amazing to see him get a pick?

The Bengals know one was stolen from them last year.  The refs, the fumble, the fact the (&%&$ rain stopped RIGHT WHEN HE FUMBLED AND pITT GOT THE BALL BACK (still have issues).  Not this time.  Not this year.  Not any longer...the Bengals flip the script Sunday and it will be the beginning of the end of Pig Ben. 

I need some Homernizm...  Half the team Bro!
Reply/Quote