Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something You'll Never See In Cincinnati...EVER!
Those big time free agents from last season (Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders) sure did help in winning that Super Bowl! Another thing you'll never see in Cincinnati either. #Freeagencydoesn'tworkever
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Something else you'll never see in Cincinnati EVER? Andy Dalton down by 6 and jumping away from his fumble that's right at his feet. Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:38 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Something else you'll never see in Cincinnati EVER? Andy Dalton down by 6 and jumping away from his fumble that's right at his feet.  Ninja

By the way people on these boards sound, they wanted Dalton to do that after he threw that INT in the Steelers game. Ninja
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this Super Bowl showed you have to be able to draft talent and sign it.

They drafted Von Miller, the MVP. But DeMarcus Ware tore it up this post season.

Thomas struggled this post season, but Sanders stepped his game up when they needed him.

Bradley Roby turned into a great player. They took a chance on TJ Ward.

You have to do both in the NFL anymore. Free agency is becoming a huge thing in the NFL. You don't have to sign the absolute best, but you have to sign good players. Be willing to spend a bit.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:45 AM)GodFather Wrote: My response to your post is simply, if the Broncos had that same mentality would they be sitting here right now as the Super Bowl Champions? No they wouldn't. 

They could very well have won the Super Bowl with Fox as head coach.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 12:33 AM)GodFather Wrote: Guess its time for that discussion...

(02-08-2016, 12:35 AM)GodFather Wrote: Again, ready to talk?

I am willing to bet that Kubiak does not win the Super Bowl every year he is a head coach.

Want to take that bet?
Reply/Quote
Adding Ware and Talib paid off for them. Which goes to say going after big name free agents isn't really a bad thing.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They could very well have won the Super Bowl with Fox as head coach.

But they didnt. Conversation over. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am willing to bet that Kubiak does not win the Super Bowl every year he is a head coach.

Want to take that bet?

Thats the best you can come up with? You really love to debate with the weakest rebuttal possibly ever.  
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:54 AM)GodFather Wrote: Thats the best you can come up with? You really love to debate with the weakest rebuttal possibly ever.  

No.  That seems to be your argument.

If Kubiak was the only reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl then they should win it every year he is there, correct?
  And how can you say for certain that the Broncos would not haver won with Fox, unless you think the coach is the only thing that matters.  You want to have s discussion then lets have the discussion.

Tampa Bay probably thought htye had madfe the right decision when GTruden won a Super Bowl for them, but in  a few years it was clear that Dungy was the better coach and knew how to win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:52 AM)GodFather Wrote: But they didnt. Conversation over. 

No, the conversation is not over unless you are going to guarantee that Kubiak wins the Super Bowl every year he is with the Broncos.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They could very well have won the Super Bowl with Fox as head coach.

And here i was think that this was probably one of the better examples of the coaches making a huge difference in the outcome of the game. Wade Phillips was a great hire for them.

Denver had good yet subtle adjustments throughout the game where as Carolina didn't seem to adjust that much, except trying to get the ball to Ginn in the second half, but they still ran those 2 yard off tackle runs that did nothing for them other than eat away their clock and give them 2nd and 3rd and long.

Also, when we look back at how we played Denver, we did better than that against that defense with out backup QB.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 02:38 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Something else you'll never see in Cincinnati EVER? Andy Dalton down by 6 and jumping away from his fumble that's right at his feet.  Ninja

Or AJM for that matter..... Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 03:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought you were going to say a GOOD FA acquisition, but this is right too.....LOL

(02-08-2016, 01:47 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Those big time free agents from last season (Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders) sure did help in winning that Super Bowl! Another thing you'll never see in Cincinnati either. #Freeagencydoesn'tworkever

Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:21 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Honestly, this Super Bowl showed you have to be able to draft talent and sign it.

They drafted Von Miller, the MVP. But DeMarcus Ware tore it up this post season.

Thomas struggled this post season, but Sanders stepped his game up when they needed him.

Bradley Roby turned into a great player. They took a chance on TJ Ward.

You have to do both in the NFL anymore. Free agency is becoming a huge thing in the NFL. You don't have to sign the absolute best, but you have to sign good players. Be willing to spend a bit.

Amazing how you can successfully use the draft and free agency to make a Super Bowl champion. You don't have to just go for bottom of the barrel signings, or "let the dust settle" before making a move.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 01:47 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Those big time free agents from last season (Ware, Talib, Ward, Sanders) sure did help in winning that Super Bowl! Another thing you'll never see in Cincinnati either. #Freeagencydoesn'tworkever

*crickets*
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: *crickets*

X2
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 12:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: *crickets*

Guys like Ware almost never hit the open market. So that's a rarity among rarities. 

Sanders and Ward are good examples. Guys who were seen as okay players but were they good enough....

Talib is Pacman. Pacman is Talib. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 02:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Guys like Ware almost never hit the open market. So that's a rarity among rarities. 

Sanders and Ward are good examples. Guys who were seen as okay players but were they good enough....

Talib is Pacman. Pacman is Talib. 

Were those guys quality FA's? Did they help Denver win it all? Absolutely. That's all that needs said. I disagree on the Talib/Pacman comparison though. I'm not sure anyone would've touched Pacman had we not signed him. The Cowboys are the only other team with a rep like the Bengals for taking in guys like that, and the Cowboys had seen enough. Talib got a good contract. Pacman was offered a last chance type of deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2016, 03:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Were those guys quality FA's? Did they help Denver win it all? Absolutely. That's all that needs said. I disagree on the Talib/Pacman comparison though. I'm not sure anyone would've touched Pacman had we not signed him. The Cowboys are the only other team with a rep like the Bengals for taking in guys like that, and the Cowboys had seen enough. Talib got a good contract. Pacman was offered a last chance type of deal.

Ive gotta say, we have so many good players as FA that I would like to concentrate on resigning them. We have Nelson, Jones, and both receivers Jones and Sanu just for starters. For this upcoming season I think that should be the priority rather than sign a big name FA for us. for me the real question is who we will retain?
Reply/Quote