Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry for complaining last night
I really wanted Ragnow but obviously the Lions screwed us. I did some research on Price and he looks really good. I’m also happy that the Titans screwed over the Steelers by taking Evans
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Just consider it payback for us knocking the Lions out of the playoffs. I didn't care which one we got, but was leaning towards Price. Admittedly, I am not an expert when watching line play, but when I watch Ragnow's highlights, I see an awful lot of cloth being grabbed. He would not get away with that playing for the Bengals.... I mean, c'mon, it's not like we are the Stealers. At any rate, welcome Billy the Kid.....
Reply/Quote
No need for apologies! Ragnow became polarizing around here because of the Lap pick. He would have been a good pick if he fell to is. Just gotta understand that Price is very good in his own right. You aren’t the 2017 Remington award winner by accident. Price will be the leader in the locker room sooner rather than later.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:39 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: No need for apologies! Ragnow became polarizing around here because of the Lap pick. He would have been a good pick if he fell to is. Just gotta understand that Price is very good in his own right. You aren’t the 2017 Remington award winner by accident. Price will be the leader in the locker room sooner rather than later.

Within a couple of years he will take over the role of whitworth as far as being the leader of the line in particular and locker room in general.
Reply/Quote
:andy:

It's easy to get heated around draft time.

I was OK with either. Ragnow will do OK, but I think Price has more upside.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We took a Center in the first round. I'm still in shock, quite frankly.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:32 AM)Trademark Wrote: I really wanted Ragnow but obviously the Lions screwed us. I did some research on Price and he looks really good. I’m also happy that the Titans screwed over the Steelers by taking Evans

We normally don't value centers in round one so I am glad the FO left the box and grabbed a potential all pro once he gets experience. I wanted Ragnow too, but I said all along I wanted one of the 3, but like Price 2nd best due to sheer size and power playing against massive DL in AFCN.

I would love to see us trade up and get Hernandez too, but likely they won't do it. It would be nice to turn an OL from a major weakness to a strength in one season. I would also be OK if we stayed at 46 and grabbed another OT Brown or if need be move up and few spots to get him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Don't sweat it.....I was mighty pissed about the Mixon pick last season due to all of the drama surrounding him.  It happens.  I wanted Ragnow too, but Price was right behind him on my wish list.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:32 AM)Trademark Wrote: I really wanted Ragnow but obviously the Lions screwed us. I did some research on Price and he looks really good. I’m also happy that the Titans screwed over the Steelers by taking Evans

If we think about it, the Bengals took the number 12 pick and turned it into two starting O Linemen, Glenn and Price.  Pretty impressive actually.
Reply/Quote
The Lions didn't screw anyone . They picked Ragnow for their own needs,  but now we have Price which I'm perfectly happy with  (other than we didn't get a lousy backup kicker.. DAMMIT! (joking of course ))
Ideally we grab a sure fire starting RT, but I'm not sure there is anyone available who could step right in day one . Right now RT seems to be the only missing piece if Fisher or Hart don't pan out. I'm not sure if it was  Pollack or someone else in the organization who pursued Hart. If it was Pollack then perhaps he knows something about him being overlooked by everyone else. 
At any rate it appears that our offensive line is going to be a much better unit than recent years past and there's a possibility that guys like Mixon and Gio could potentially gain 1000+ yards each.  How sweet would it be to have 2 backs hit 1000 yards in addition to Andy having enough time to toss for over 4000 with AJ and Ross stepping up to set a few new records (of the positive variety) and maybe, just maybe one Tyler Eifert staying healthy all season to return to his 2015 form? 
You know ..if all this comes to pass we might just have a fantastical season to remember for years to come .
Yeah, what the hell ... I might as well put on my rose colored glasses and start chugging down the Koolaid even though I don't really like artificial juice. I could learn to like it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Price pick makes sense. He's got a shot as being just as good or better than Ragnow. Seems like they got their hearts broke, but sounds like they genuinely held him in high regard as well.

We got out starting center. Didn't pass on anyone we thought would slip (no one did), so why not get the pick out the way early, and move forward with building the team.

Now the real draft can begin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:52 AM)Big Boss Wrote: We took a Center in the first round.  I'm still in shock, quite frankly.

Hell beyond that we took an OHIO STATE player in the first round...
Reply/Quote
From the video of the phone call... It looks like they were calling billy before Detriot pick was in.... Not sure if they get a message as to the picks ahead of them when they are submitted or not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hell beyond that we took an OHIO STATE player in the first round...

I'm trying to remember the last OSU player the Bengals drafted since Nuggent? Wait .we didn't draft him . Who was the  last Buckeye the Bengals drafted before Price? 
Fragel in the 7th in 2013.. I would say pitiful but that would be insulting to everyone who deserves pity.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
It was a coin flip to me. They are both good centers. Ragnow got the late hype while Price was hurt.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm trying to remember the last OSU player the Bengals drafted since Nuggent? Wait .we didn't draft him . Who was the  last Buckeye the Bengals drafted before Price? 

Steve Tovar? I think we took a RB, Workman as a UDFA a few years ago...
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:14 PM)Goalpost Wrote: It was a coin flip to me.  They are both good centers.  Ragnow got the late hype while Price was hurt.

Me too. As a Buckeye Home and proud of it, I wanted Price since last September!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 12:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Steve Tovar? I think we took a RB, Workman as a UDFA a few years ago...
As edited above. 

Fragel in the 7th in 2013  We've lost out on a lot of good OSU players.. I would say it's pitiful incompetence ,but I don't want to insult all the pitifully incompetent people out there ..

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 09:52 AM)Big Boss Wrote: We took a Center in the first round.  I'm still in shock, quite frankly.

Yeah me to mate, I really had a feeling they were going to call Lamar Jackson and totally screw it up
Reply/Quote

lmao wtf.  so you actually complain a player you didn't evaluate ?  how much tape did you watch on ragnow ? or just listen to lapham

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote