Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain is back
(03-23-2021, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Adeniji, he has those good feet you like in an OL and is extremely smart and versatile.

Who knows what Pollack could get out of him?

I always forget about him lol... but yes I like him better than Jordan easy and probably may be a better G than xsf. But he's good to have as a backup that can play both G and T as well.
Reply/Quote
Spain is a good resign and one I was advocating for. When he was in a Guard together with XSF was the only stretch all year we got good, sound interior line play.

I am wondering a little how much input Pollack is having in these decisions. Reiff fits his preferred scheme and Spain even does to an extent although more of a power Guard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:08 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: I always forget about him lol... but yes I like him better than Jordan easy and probably may be a better G than xsf. But he's good to have as a backup that can play both G and T as well.

Understandable, was just a rookie last year and didn't get a lot of snaps. Should of got many more over Jordan IMO.

He has better balance than Jordan so he doesn't get pushed back as easily and he plays lower. I could see Adeniji pushing for a
starting spot at either Guard position if he continues to improve. He can play every position but Center as far as I know.

Extremely smart with long arms and good feet, hard to not like Adeniji when I watch him play.

Every rookie struggles somewhat. What I liked is he played well at Guard when I thought he was more of an OT.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: Spain is a good resign and one I was advocating for. When he was in a Guard together with XSF was the only stretch all year we got good, sound interior line play.

I am wondering a little how much input Pollack is having in these decisions. Reiff fits his preferred scheme and Spain even does to an extent although more of a power Guard.

You know what? You sound so much more positive this Offseason than last year. Says a lot to me as I respect your opinion.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:05 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: I agree I like Spain as a starter easy. He was good,  not sure about PFF stuff as I don't care about that.  But all we need is one more G and I'll be happy going into the season. Just hopefully they all stay healthy and together but I have no reservations about Spain,  my only problem is they took too long to sign him back lol

Well he doesn't seem mad about it. I think there were lots of things going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

Bring in Trai Turner or Warford if they are in good shape is my call and I am good with the OL going into the Draft.

I still want an End though like Kerrigan for depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Realistically, there will only be 1 OL starter coming from the draft, and it will likely be at OG with either Spain or XSF starting at the other OG spot. Jonah, Hopkins, and Reiff are all going to be starters at OT and C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have zero issue with using a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a Center. 

We already know Billy Price is bad, and Hopkins at best was an average center. Now he's older and coming off a knee injury

Center might be the move instead of guard
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know what? You sound so much more positive this Offseason than last year. Says a lot to me as I respect your opinion.

I think it started when they fired Turner. First sign of intelligent life in the front office. And this Free Agency they are actually working to restock the team to fit the schemes their coaches want to run - I may disagree with some of the schemes but this is the correct way to build. 

Last season they loaded up on some good defenders but did pretty much nothing on the OL except XSF - Spain basically dropped to us out of the sky. 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think it started when they fired Turner. First sign of intelligent life in the front office. And this Free Agency they are actually working to restock the team to fit the schemes their coaches want to run - I may disagree with some of the schemes but this is the correct way to build. 

Last season they loaded up on some good defenders but did pretty much nothing on the OL except XSF - Spain basically dropped to us out of the sky. 

Yeah, what we have seen from coaches so long is trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

This is different. The FO is bringing in players that fit the coach's schemes for once. 

Sometimes you have to look back at the players that Taylor and Lou inherited and just see if they are Marv guys and if this 
hindered them in many ways. I sure hope this is the case cause I don't want HAVE to hire all new coaches again. I know, I 
was wanting all new coaches after last season but these back to back FA's give me some hope along with Burrow.

We were decimated with injuries last year, we will see what we can do with more players that fit the new scheme and FP 
and Hobby here coaching up the trenches.
Reply/Quote
Love it. This is a motivated pro who feels disrespected. I’d mark him down as a starter. X is the one who can’t stay on the field who I don’t want to count on as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:37 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here are Spain's PFF ratings by year:

2020 - 56.7
2019 - 55.4
2018 - 67.7
2017 - 63.4
2016 - 84.2

His first year was obviously his best year.  Not sure why his rating has dropped.

Nothing wrong with this signed for depth.  There's nothing even wrong with him winning the job. Key word: Winning, meaning beating someone out for the job.

We need another at least one more (preferably 2 more) G/C in FA or the in the 2nd or 3rd round.  And then let the best men win.

Don't just give this dude a job and pretend like one of your G spots is now fixed.

His grades are really weird. They're poor, but his pass blocking numbers are good and his blocking in the zone scheme are 10/11 pts higher than they are in a gap scheme. 

In this case, i wouldn't look so much at the overall grades as i would his production as they indicate he played better than it seemed. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well hopefully at some point the team will try to find a RG.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:24 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Last time I checked a qb can't do it o. his own. It sad when a TE is faster than any of our WR lol

You can give JoeyB all day to throw the ball but if Boyd and Hughins can't get open cause they're your weapons then your screwed.

That hasn't proven to be true though. Boyd is an excellent route runner and Higgins was a rookie and played very well. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This is treading water.

Yuuuup.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope Hakeem Adeniji gets a chance to be part of the competition with XSF and Spain. Adeniji had some rough edges particularly in pass pro at tackle but he had some highlights as a run blocker. Year 2 could be big for him.

(03-23-2021, 10:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I really like Adeniji, he has those good feet you like in an OL and is extremely smart and versatile.

Who knows what Pollack could get out of him?

It seems we have now reached the annual point in the offseason where we have silently moved on from our crushed hopes of big improvement and have now shifted our hopes towards talking up how great young 6th/7th/UDFA guys could be.

Fred Johnson and Auden Tate last offseason. Apparently Adeniji (and likely a 7th round WR in the draft) this offseason. 

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 01:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It seems we have now reached the annual point in the offseason where we have silently moved on from our crushed hopes of big improvement and have now shifted our hopes towards talking up how great young 6th/7th/UDFA guys could be.

Fred Johnson and Auden Tate last offseason. Apparently Adeniji (and likely a 7th round WR in the draft) this offseason. 

Are we not allowed to talk about players on the Roster?

No one is saying pencil him in as a starter. I would just like to see how much he improved from his rookie year to year 2 when Offensive lineman usually take that big jump if they ever do. I've been an Adeniji fan since the 2020 Senior Bowl and was happy to see him in stripes.

Having the Pre-Season back will be great even if it's only a couple games. It will be good for rookies and the year 2 guys like Adeniji and ADG.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No issues keeping and developing Adeniji. The ones I want out are Redmond and MJ, to be replaced by either a vet and a pick or two picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 01:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Are we not allowed to talk about players on the Roster?

No one is saying pencil him in as a starter. I would just like to see how much he improved from his rookie year to year 2 when Offensive lineman usually take that big jump if they ever do. I've been an Adeniji fan since the 2020 Senior Bowl and was happy to see him in stripes.

Having the Pre-Season back will be great even if it's only a couple games. It will be good for rookies and the year 2 guys like Adeniji and ADG.

I never said they can't talk about them, I just said this is an annual tradition. We get our hopes up for FA, those hopes are crushed, and then we move on to hyping up fringe roster guys as potential solutions.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 12:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: His grades are really weird. They're poor, but his pass blocking numbers are good and his blocking in the zone scheme are 10/11 pts higher than they are in a gap scheme. 

In this case, i wouldn't look so much at the overall grades as i would his production as they indicate he played better than it seemed. 

Part of why I distrust PFF - I watched the games and my eyes tell me something different than those numbers. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 01:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I never said they can't talk about them, I just said this is an annual tradition. We get our hopes up for FA, those hopes are crushed, and then we move on to hyping up fringe roster guys as potential solutions.

Except our hopes haven't been crushed this time. 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2021, 01:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I never said they can't talk about them, I just said this is an annual tradition. We get our hopes up for FA, those hopes are crushed, and then we move on to hyping up fringe roster guys as potential solutions.

No one said he's a solution just talking about a player on the roster. Even if they do draft a 1st round offensive lineman there is still a scenario where Adeniji will see snaps next year because of injuries just like he did his rookie season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote