Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain is back
(03-23-2021, 04:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He wasn't impressive in his interim stint, but I attribute that to there being a different blocking scheme between BUF and CIN, as well as Turner's bad teaching ability.
Happy he's back to compete for a starting spot. Curious about the $$.

He said prove it deal. So, I am guessing very low contract.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:43 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I think you can say Slater and Sewell are netiher going to be draft by the Bengals IMO. 

I think they signed Spain so they can draft Pitts or Chase with the #5 pick. 

Reif was a one-year deal, and Spain is not very good.

I say we still go O-line at #5.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reif was a one-year deal, and Spain is not very good.

100%
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:43 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I think you can say Slater and Sewell are netiher going to be draft by the Bengals IMO. 

I think they signed Spain so they can draft Pitts or Chase with the #5 pick. 

They havent spent anything on weapons for Burrow.  We have 2 dependable wide receivers currently.  

We have a running back that sucked last season and is coming off an injury.  Gio's getting old and needs cut and bring in a cheaper version of Gio.  

If they do anything I think they sign one more OL in free agency and let Pollack work his magic cause I truly think the organization thinks he's gonna turn this crappy line into an average line. 

I mean, that'd be a nightmare, but yea I can definitely see the Bengals doing something that stupid. It'd be like last season all over again. "We promise guys, Michael Jordan is awesome."
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Reif was a one-year deal, and Spain is not very good.

Only IF Sewell is there. You can't draft Slater that high.  I think Miami takes Sewell at #3 and we take Chase or Pitts and take a OG in R2, and R3. 

The other problem you run into with this team of you don't draft Pitts or Chase is they literally have 2 WR ...no TE that scare ya and a RB....no one in our offense can stretch the field. We need weapons for Burrow is why I say we take OG in R2 and 3
Reply/Quote

This.

They would have had to do way more work on the line in FA for a luxury pick of Chase/Pitts at 5.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:12 PM)TJ528 Wrote: The other problem you run into with this team of you don't draft Pitts or Chase is they literally have 2 WR ...no TE that scare ya and a RB....no one in our offense can stretch the field. We need weapons for Burrow is why I say we take OG in R2 and 3

And not setting themselves up better to do this is why this FA period was a failure. 

We got 3 new cb's tho! 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:12 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Only IF Sewell is there. You can't draft Slater that high.  I think Miami takes Sewell at #3 and we take Chase or Pitts and take a OG in R2, and R3. 

The other problem you run into with this team of you don't draft Pitts or Chase is they literally have 2 WR ...no TE that scare ya and a RB....no one in our offense can stretch the field. We need weapons for Burrow is why I say we take OG in R2 and 3

we dont need weapons for burrow

he has 2 studs

build the o-line. Dont half ass it

the running game would benefit greatly from getting rid of these sub par interior linemen
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: we dont need weapons for burrow

he has 2 studs

the running game would benefit greatly from getting rid of these sub par interior linemen
Last time I checked a qb can't do it o. his own. It sad when a TE is faster than any of our WR lol

You can give JoeyB all day to throw the ball but if Boyd and Hughins can't get open cause they're your weapons then your screwed.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:24 PM)TJ528 Wrote: You can give JoeyB all day to throw the ball but if Boyd and Hughins can't get open cause they're your weapons then your screwed.

What are you talking about?

Boyd and Higgins have proven they can get open and make catches.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:24 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Last time I checked a qb can't do it o. his own. It sad when a TE is faster than any of our WR lol

You can give JoeyB all day to throw the ball but if Boyd and Hughins can't get open cause they're your weapons then your screwed.

if you give the qb all day, he can scramble outside the pocket and buy the time to find an open receiver. This is what Lamar Jackson does. This is what Aaron Rodgers does. This is what Josh Allen does. None of those guys have more than 2 great weapons. 

Lamar Jackson has Andrews. That's it

Rodgers has 1 in Adams, and 1 good tight end in Tonyan.

Josh Allen has Diggs, and a solid slot guy in Cole Beasley

All those teams have great offensive lines

Mike Brown has the same train of thought as you. More focused on weapons than the trenches. 

That's not a compliment
Reply/Quote

There is talk if draft Sewell Bengals would consider kicking Williams inside to guard.

But, Sewell may not be there at #5, if not they may go Slater or another OT they have ranked higher than some of us have them ranked.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Very good move by the Bengals. The OL improved a little bit the second he stepped on the field, and got even better when him and XSF were both playing. This came in a covid year and throwing him into the fire with no knowledge of the system.

PFF grades on OLmen are questionable at best. The people doing the grading are not the OC or OL coach and imo can miss on what they think assignments are. I've seen some head scratching grades from PFF so I dont put much stock on them for OL. To the eye test, we got better when he took over, even moving around the OL. Turner didnt have a clue or a plan. He couldnt evaluate talent and that is why he kept trying different mixes of guys every week. Spain being here through all of camp and a way better OL coach should help us a lot.

Bottom line: Spain and XSF > Jordan and Redmond and Jordan and Johnson, and Jordan and Price. Whoever Turner was going with that day. What an idiot he was.... anyway good signing.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:17 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: we dont need weapons for burrow

he has 2 studs

I think the missing piece for us is a great TE. Brady has and had Gronk. Mahommes has Kelsey. 49er's have Kittle and went to Super Bowl. Steeler's had Heath Miller, not an elite pass catcher but great combo TE as a great not good blocker. Jackson has Andrews.

I have said and will say it over and over. Go get Ertz in a trade with Philly. Burrow would love Zac Ertz, a 30 year old combo TE and I think has a lot left on the tank.

Reply/Quote
Good signing. I'd like to see how he performs with a full complement of offseason activities and a better OL Coach running the show.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the missing piece for us is a great TE. Brady has and had Gronk. Mahommes has Kelsey. 49er's have Kittle and went to Super Bowl. Steeler's had Heath Miller, not an elite pass catcher but great combo TE as a great not good blocker. Jackson has Andrews.

I have said and will say it over and over. Go get Ertz in a trade with Philly. Burrow would love Zac Ertz, a 30 year old combo TE and I think has a lot left on the tank.

a good line is more important than a great tight end

our line is still below average as of right now

improve the line, and the rest will follow. 

Joe Mixon could actually have a great season for once
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And he just has a funny name; I always get a kick of a country for a last name:

- Quinton Spain
- Dan France
- Matt Canada
- Erika America (someone I went to High School with)
- Innes Ireland
- Tony Monaco (ahole DJ here in Toronto)

List goes on LOL

Innes Ireland sounds hot..is she? 
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 03:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Are we thinking XSF or Spain is a starter or will they try to upgrade and get a starter in the draft? Maybe in the second round?

With Spain back, they technically might feel they have their starters going into the draft such that no draft pick is forced to start.
LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Spain or XSF
C - Hopkins (Price until Hopkins back)
RG - Spain or XSF
RT - Reiff

In an ideal scenario, Spain and XSF are competing for one spot and either Trai Turner (if signed) or an early-round drafted OL is taking the other OG spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With Spain back, they technically might feel they have their starters going into the draft such that no draft pick is forced to start.
LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Spain or XSF
C - Hopkins (Price until Hopkins back)
RG - Spain or XSF
RT - Reiff
I hope that's not the line cincy rolls with in 2021

that's a well below average offensive line right there

that's not going to get the job done
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 04:06 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And he just has a funny name; I always get a kick of a country for a last name:

- Quinton Spain
- Dan France
- Matt Canada
- Erika America (someone I went to High School with)
- Innes Ireland
- Tony Monaco (ahole DJ here in Toronto)

List goes on LOL

Ed China from "Wheeler Dealers"

[Image: 34772_ep1310_019-myiokju90rvrig9qgsarusp...eb4t8y.jpg]
Reply/Quote