Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spain is back
(03-23-2021, 06:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote:
a good line is more important than a great tight end

our line is still below average as of right now

improve the line, and the rest will follow. 

Joe Mixon could actually have a great season for once

They are both important. A great TE can block edge rushers, yet get open within 2 seconds in the middle of the field. A QB needs open receivers quickly whether it be  a TE, WR or a dump off to a RB.

I liken a great TE for a QB like great pass rusher for a CB, they both can make the other look better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They are both important. A great TE can block edge rushers, yet get open within 2 seconds in the middle of the field. A QB needs open receivers quickly whether it be  a TE, WR or a dump off to a RB.

I liken a great TE for a QB like great pass rusher for a CB, they both can make the other look better.

I think you're overrating tight ends a little bit due to recent success

all of those successful teams also have good offensive lines. 

Cincy currently has a poor one even with the Reiff acquisition

Bengals have a talented running back who hasnt reached his potential yet due to playing behind some of the worst lines in the league. 

The bengals can turn Mixon into one of the best RB's in the league if they fixed the interior just a little bit
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Innes Ireland sounds hot..is she? 

Innes is a "he".

You must be thinking of Kathy Ireland

[Image: Kathy-Ireland-hot-cleavage-pics-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:32 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think you're overrating tight ends a little bit due to recent success

all of those successful teams also have good offensive lines. 

Cincy currently has a poor one even with the Reiff acquisition

Bengals have a talented running back who hasnt reached his potential yet due to playing behind some of the worst lines in the league. 

The bengals can turn Mixon into one of the best RB's in the league if they fixed the interior just a little bit

Agreed- we may be overthinking it. We all want weapons but we have to protect Joe. Higgins and Boyd will carry the load. Shoot they may even use Gio more out in wide if Mixon is healthy. Uzi was looking decent before injury. They can probably snag another FA and split the rest between him, Gio, Tate, and Thomas.
Reply/Quote
All these 1 year deals going to need a damn near whole new team next year.
Reply/Quote
The one year deals are happening everywhere. It is because the cap went down this year but is expected to rise a good deal next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Innes is a "he".

You must be thinking of Kathy Ireland

[Image: Kathy-Ireland-hot-cleavage-pics-1.jpg]
The love of my life!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 08:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: The one year deals are happening everywhere. It is because the cap went down this year but is expected to rise a good deal next year.

Oh shoot,  my bad I forgot about that.  Thanks for reminding me.  Now I don't feel like we are just putting a bandaid on with these 1 year signings. Was Afraid will go to the playoffs only to win 3 games the next year because everyone left lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:00 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Innes Ireland sounds hot..is she? 

Male Formula 1 Driver, born in... 1933, I think?

I believe he died within the past 5 years...

(03-23-2021, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ed China from "Wheeler Dealers"

[Image: 34772_ep1310_019-myiokju90rvrig9qgsarusp...eb4t8y.jpg]

My apologies, Fred, but I am not aware of the guy... but he counts!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 07:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I hope that's not the line cincy rolls with in 2021

that's a well below average offensive line right there

that's not going to get the job done

Realistically, there will only be 1 OL starter coming from the draft, and it will likely be at OG with either Spain or XSF starting at the other OG spot. Jonah, Hopkins, and Reiff are all going to be starters at OT and C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Did anyone tell Portugal and France?!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 06:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What are you talking about?

Boyd and Higgins have proven they can get open and make catches.

Who was stretching the field and was a good TE last year? It definitely wasn’t AJ Green.

I’m glad we brought Spain back. Don’t mind him starting at a G spot but the biggest reason I wanted him back is he can play pretty much every spot on the line. I’m curious if he might possibly play C to start the year.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 08:57 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Oh shoot,  my bad I forgot about that.  Thanks for reminding me.  Now I don't feel like we are just putting a bandaid on with these 1 year signings. Was Afraid will go to the playoffs only to win 3 games the next year because everyone left lol

That would probably be a very good scenario for us. Although I’m still not sure I trust Zac Taylor and a playoff berth he’d probably be here another 5 years minimum.

But I do think a playoff appearance plus Joe would bring our guys back and attract free agents
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Realistically, there will only be 1 OL starter coming from the draft, and it will likely be at OG with either Spain or XSF starting at the other OG spot. Jonah, Hopkins, and Reiff are all going to be starters at OT and C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Hakeem Adeniji gets a chance to be part of the competition with XSF and Spain. Adeniji had some rough edges particularly in pass pro at tackle but he had some highlights as a run blocker. Year 2 could be big for him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 05:36 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Spain is no slouch. Here's a quote from an article from 2019:
Spain ranked 35th out of 77 qualified guards last season with a 62.3 overall grade and his best season thus far came back in 2016 when he earned an 84.2 overall grade across 821 offensive snaps. The four-year veteran has spent 99.4% of his career snaps at left guard.

Over the past three seasons, Spain ranks 23rd out of 86 guards who saw at least 1,000 offensive snaps over that stretch with a 72.9 overall grade, and his 97.3 pass-blocking efficiency ranks 39th

Yes, lots of guys are underrating him just cause of last season where he was thrown into the fire.

I am not. I know we shouldn't look at him as the sure starter but if we Drafted a top Guard in the 2nd and Spain beats him out it 
wouldn't honestly surprise me. Especially with a full Offseason and Pollack now the OL coach.
Reply/Quote
The thang about Spain

Is we like to complain
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:53 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope Hakeem Adeniji gets a chance to be part of the competition with XSF and Spain. Adeniji had some rough edges particularly in pass pro at tackle but he had some highlights as a run blocker. Year 2 could be big for him.

I really like Adeniji, he has those good feet you like in an OL and is extremely smart and versatile.

Who knows what Pollack could get out of him?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thang about Spain

Is we like to complain

Seems to be a thang.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 09:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, lots of guys are underrating him just cause of last season where he was thrown into the fire.

I am not. I know we shouldn't look at him as the sure starter but if we Drafted a top Guard in the 2nd and Spain beats him out it 
wouldn't honestly surprise me. Especially with a full Offseason and Pollack now the OL coach.

I agree I like Spain as a starter easy. He was good,  not sure about PFF stuff as I don't care about that.  But all we need is one more G and I'll be happy going into the season. Just hopefully they all stay healthy and together but I have no reservations about Spain,  my only problem is they took too long to sign him back lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2021, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seems to be a thang.

It's all about Spain mane.
Reply/Quote