Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spain signed
To the practice squad

before anyone panics It is too late in the week for another team to claim him. With all the injuries, it prevents the team from making a corresponding cut. With the new practice squad rules Spain can still be available to play on Sunday. He gets moved to the active roster over the bye

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:20 AM)pally Wrote: To the practice squad

before anyone panics It is too late in the week for another team to claim him. With all the injuries, it prevents the team from making a corresponding cut. With the new practice squad rules Spain can still be available to play on Sunday. He gets moved to the active roster over the bye

Correct on that.

Not worried, but will he be ready to play on Sunday? (I would have to think he's been given a playbook, but who knows?)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct on that.

Not worried, but will he be ready to play on Sunday? (I would have to think he's been given a playbook, but who knows?)

If Spain plays, you have to imagine it's for emergency only. He hasn't played with the OL at all, so he probably wouldn't be in sync.

If Hart, Williams, and Hopkins are all out, I imagine the OL will be:
Johnson - Jordan - Price - Redmond - Adeniji

I believe Sutherland is the first OL off the bench in case of injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Spain plays, you have to imagine it's for emergency only. He hasn't played with the OL at all, so he probably wouldn't be in sync.

Fred moved to RT once Adeniji came in, so we may see Adeniji-Jordan-Price-Redmond-Fred, instead... but I would be fine wherever they put Fred :)
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:23 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct on that.

(10-30-2020, 11:35 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Spain plays, you have to imagine it's for emergency only. He hasn't played with the OL at all, so he probably wouldn't be in sync.

As we saw last week having only one backup linemen is not a good position to be in. Hobson said Spain will be in uniform and on the sideline Sunday. So, that has to mean they already plan on activating him from the PS and having Sutherland and Spain available incase of injury, with Sample as emergency OT.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:43 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: As we saw last week having only one backup linemen is not a good position to be in. Hobson said Spain will be in uniform and on the sideline Sunday. So, that has to mean they already plan on activating him from the PS and having Sutherland and Spain available incase of injury, with Sample as emergency OT.

Is that actually the truth? lol
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Is that actually the truth? lol

Yeah. There was a Bengals front page article saying if anything had happened to Johnson or Adeniji last week, Sample was the next man up.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:45 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah. There was a Bengals front page article saying if anything had happened to Johnson or Adeniji last week, Sample was the next man up.

To put it bluntly...

That would be bad for Burrows health. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:50 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: To put it bluntly...

That would be bad for Burrows health. 

True, but when you run out of healthy OT’s not sure there’s a better option. The TE’s know the line calls at least. Would be a good idea if the 3rd TE was a really big blocking TE for cases like this.
Reply/Quote
Order the Super Bowl rings!
Reply/Quote
Wait, I thought he had to quarantine due to Covid rules.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wait, I thought he had to quarantine due to Covid rules.

He's been in quarantine all week.  He's been in town since Monday.  So he is good to go at least from COVID protocol 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I expect some will think I am crazy (some already do), but if the coaching staff does not have a great plan to keep Burrow safe Sunday due to OL injuries, I think we should not have him active, give him a week off.

We have a small and remote chance to make the playoffs and I want a healthy Joe Burrow in 2021, I could care less if we lose rest of games in 2020 if it meant our franchise QB is protected.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: He's been in quarantine all week.  He's been in town since Monday.  So he is good to go at least from COVID protocol 

Gotcha, thanks. I hadn't considered that. That explains why Dunlap has to wait in Seattle, but Spain is good here.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I expect some will think I am crazy (some already do), but if the coaching staff does not have a great plan to keep Burrow safe Sunday due to OL injuries, I think we should not have him active, give him a week off.

We have a small and remote chance to make the playoffs and I want a healthy Joe Burrow in 2021, I could care less if we lose rest of games in 2020 if it meant our franchise QB is protected.

We already knew you were crazy....hell we are to be fans of this team for any length of time... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:43 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: As we saw last week having only one backup linemen is not a good position to be in. Hobson said Spain will be in uniform and on the sideline Sunday. So, that has to mean they already plan on activating him from the PS and having Sutherland and Spain available incase of injury, with Sample as emergency OT.

Gio cruelly overlooked again.

(10-30-2020, 12:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotcha, thanks. I hadn't considered that. That explains why Dunlap has to wait in Seattle, but Spain is good here.

Similar to Dunlap for Seattle, BJ Finney won't be available for us either.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 11:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Is that actually the truth? lol

2nd round blocking TE!

:andy:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:14 PM)pally Wrote: He's been in quarantine all week.  He's been in town since Monday.  So he is good to go at least from COVID protocol 

(10-30-2020, 12:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Gotcha, thanks. I hadn't considered that. That explains why Dunlap has to wait in Seattle, but Spain is good here.

Exact same scenario that Xavier Williams went through a couple weeks ago. Said he just hung out in his hotel room, studied the playbook, watched Star Wars and walked around the city for a week.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I expect some will think I am crazy (some already do), but if the coaching staff does not have a great plan to keep Burrow safe Sunday due to OL injuries, I think we should not have him active, give him a week off.

They have been improving their scheme for that. The last couple of weeks, especially in the Browns game, they have been using a TE to help/chip before going out on routes and keeping a RB in the backfield to help as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2020, 12:33 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Gio cruelly overlooked again.

Similar to Dunlap for Seattle, BJ Finney won't be available for us either.

It would be hilarious to see little Gio out there lined up at OT. The dlineman across from him would probably be laughing so hard he couldn’t pass rush.
Reply/Quote