Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker John Boehner to resign from Congress
http://www.wtae.com/national/speaker-john-boehner-to-resign-from-congress/35480664?src=app

Quote:House Speaker John Boehner is resigning his position as the top House Republican and from Congress at the end of October, two House Republicans said Friday.

Boehner announced his decision to colleagues Friday morning.

The abrupt decision comes after he faced heavy pressure from the conservative coalition in his party to take a harder line on their causes, most recently over defunding Planned Parenthood.

Someone buy stock in Kleenex...the waterfalls are coming!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
That will be me doing naked cartwheels in the street when he officially announces. Watch for it on You Tube, TMZ, FOX, and Univision.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
You all ought to be wary of what you wish for. If the conservative side of the party pushed him out, what do you think is going to follow?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-25-2015, 12:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You all ought to be wary of what you wish for.  If the conservative side of the party pushed him out, what do you think is going to follow?

I am indifferent to it myself.  It won't matter if the replacement is more to the right as they were already hard-lining everything and control both the house and senate.
(09-25-2015, 12:00 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You all ought to be wary of what you wish for.  If the conservative side of the party pushed him out, what do you think is going to follow?

He and the RINOs didn't have the support to do much of anything. Tea partiers don't have the support to do much of anything. Their party has a majority, but no direction. I don't see this having any change outside of GOP leadership trying to get a few of the actual conservatives to come to their side on a few votes. It's theater politics.
Fantastic. Now lets get a tea party conservative in there.
I can't believe Republicans ever rallied behind an orange guy who cried in the first place. He's like the political version of Richard Simmons
(09-25-2015, 12:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: I am indifferent to it myself.  It won't matter if the replacement is more to the right as they were already hard-lining everything and control both the house and senate.

RINOS are hardly hard liners though. That's why they are called RINOS.

That's why conservatives hate the guy. The Republican landslide victories in the mid terms was because voters were sending a message , unfortunately the Republicans didn't get it, or just don't care. They have other masters to serve. They are Washington elitists, wanting nothing to do with the Tea Party types.
They have ruined the GOP brand.

Voting for these politicians has become futile....time to boldly go where no voter has gone before. Trump.
Jim Jordan, Justin Amash, Louie Gohmert. Any of those would be perfect.
(09-25-2015, 01:53 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Voting for these politicians has become futile....time to boldly go where no voter has gone before. Trump.

Trump is going to drop out of the race again, wake up.  The last thing a guy with "all the answers" wants is to be in a position where he actually has the power to change things.  It's sort of like Tim Tebow being a winner forever because he's never going to get the chance to play QB gain.
(09-25-2015, 01:53 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: The Republican landslide victories in the mid terms was because voters were sending a message

By not showing up to the polls? I agree, they were saying every choice available was crap.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-25-2015, 01:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't believe Republicans ever rallied behind an orange guy who cried in the first place.  He's like the political version of Richard Simmons

At least you know his tears were genuine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3CI5tDuKI0

Political version lol? The political version of Simmons is none other than your guy as well.
Plus he's gay.
Plus he's nappy headed.

[Image: 2pt2q8p.gif]
(09-25-2015, 02:33 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: At least you know his tears were genuine.

Political version lol? The political version of Simmons is none other than your guy as well.
Plus he's gay.

A gay, Muslim, atheist?

Interesting.   Rolleyes
(09-25-2015, 02:33 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: At least you know his tears were genuine.

Plus he's gay.
Plus he's nappy headed.

I didn't vote for Obama.
(09-25-2015, 01:30 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fantastic.  Now lets get a tea party conservative in there.

Support for the Tea Party has declined every year since 2010. Recently the two parties can't work together to accomplish anything productive. Why would we want the country further held hostage by a fringe third party zealot?
(09-25-2015, 05:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Support for the Tea Party has declined every year since 2010. Recently the two parties can't work together to accomplish anything productive. Why would we want the country further held hostage by a fringe third party zealot?

They seem to be the only people up there who will stick to their principles and follow through on campaign promises.   Leaders need to follow through.   Force obama to veto.

You claim they are losing support yet they keep winning elections.
(09-25-2015, 05:33 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They seem to be the only people up there who will stick to their principles and follow through on campaign promises.   Leaders need to follow through.   Force obama to veto.

You claim they are losing support yet they keep winning elections.

In all seriousness, how so? I mean, I haven't really seen anything happen TP-wise for the country.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Might as well go ahead and put a Tea Bagger in there so these cons can finally see that it's impossible to be even less productive than the Republican majority already is.
(09-25-2015, 05:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: In all seriousness, how so? I mean, I haven't really seen anything happen TP-wise for the country.

Boehner and McConnel have held them back getting things passed.
(09-25-2015, 05:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Boehner and McConnel have held them back getting things passed.

Even if they managed to pass any of their loony bills, they would be instantly vetoed. Which means they would simply be wasting everybody's time.