Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 Watch List
(10-06-2017, 08:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U would say no to kam chancellor?

Considering there's no guarantee that said player would be Kam Chancellor, the fact Kam Chancellor was a 5th round pick anyway, and the Bengals need offensive help....yes, I would say no to Kam Chancellor and look to get a safety later in the draft (if at all).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Considering there's no guarantee that said player would be Kam Chancellor, the fact Kam Chancellor was a 5th round pick anyway, and the Bengals need offensive help....yes, I would say no to Kam Chancellor and look to get a safety later in the draft (if at all).

I don't want db either but with actually playing rookies this year, and if oline improves if we're picking at 18-22 and say derwin James fell to us I would take him.in a heartbeat.  
Reply/Quote
Has anyone looked much into Da'Ron Payne from Alabama? I'm hearing more and more buzz around him, seeing he's an elite run stuffer and does have ability to rush the passer but Alabama doesn't use him much in the latter. If he can be elite at both and solidify the NT position next to Atkins while being able to stay in on third down as a pass rusher, would that be worth consideration in the early first for the Bengals?

I kind of always pegged him as a run stuffing 3-4 NT with limited pass rush ability and thought Billings would have solidified that role by now, but now I'm wondering if Payne wouldn't be a very good, safe selection, even over maybe Christian Wilkins if the Bengals were to ever go DT in the first?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Has anyone looked much into Da'Ron Payne from Alabama? I'm hearing more and more buzz around him, seeing he's an elite run stuffer and does have ability to rush the passer but Alabama doesn't use him much in the latter. If he can be elite at both and solidify the NT position next to Atkins while being able to stay in on third down as a pass rusher, would that be worth consideration in the early first for the Bengals?

I kind of always pegged him as a run stuffing 3-4 NT with limited pass rush ability and thought Billings would have solidified that role by now, but now I'm wondering if Payne wouldn't be a very good, safe selection, even over maybe Christian Wilkins if the Bengals were to ever go DT in the first?

If he's elite as a pass rusher and a run stuffer he's a top 4 pick. He's Suh. 
Personally I wouldn't take a run stuffing NT in the first round. There's likely to be just as good of ones later on at that role. 

If we take a DT in the first it better be a pass rusher. Geno is getting to the Sapp age where he's going to move to NT eventually and be a disrupting NT and we'll need a 3T
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 01:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If he's elite as a pass rusher and a run stuffer he's a top 4 pick. He's Suh. 
Personally I wouldn't take a run stuffing NT in the first round. There's likely to be just as good of ones later on at that role. 

If we take a DT in the first it better be a pass rusher. Geno is getting to the Sapp age where he's going to move to NT eventually and be a disrupting NT and we'll need a 3T

This was my view as well. I'd only want Da'Ron Payne if he can be a good pass rusher on top of defending the run.
Otherwise, it's Christian Wilkins for me if Bengals go DT in Round 1 because he's a very good pass rusher from the inside.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 02:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This was my view as well. I'd only want Da'Ron Payne if he can be a good pass rusher on top of defending the run.
Otherwise, it's Christian Wilkins for me if Bengals go DT in Round 1 because he's a very good pass rusher from the inside.

Despite what people say, "AFC North football" is just regular NFL football and I feel like the Bengals are the last team to figure that out. Steelers didn't beat us by brutally pounding the rock or anything. They beat us by strategically luring us into base defenses and then spreading us out forcing our LBs into deep coverages because they DL wasn't in a pass rushing set. 

DRAFT PASS RUSHERS. Glasgow should be a good enough run stopper at NT along with Billings' upside we shouldn't have to worry about it. 
If we draft another NT, it better be a true stud because Billings is still only 21. Most players coming into the NFL are going to be 21 or 22. 
He's insanely young for being a 2nd year player. 
Reply/Quote