Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated.....Brutal
Predict Bengals will have the worst record in the league at 4-12.  Said the Bengals made a mistake by not releasing Dalton this offseason and finding another QB.
Reply/Quote
Meh.

I lost a lot of respect for them after reading their preview back in 2014 (I think it was). We were on the one and done playoff run, but we were having decent drafts and (outside of 2010) having stable years. SI had us going something like 4-12 and said, basically, we shouldn't win a game on the schedule but that every team pulled out an upset or two.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely 0 chance they are the worst team in the league. Did you see the Bills?
Reply/Quote
Omg..Sports illustrated said it so it must be true. 
They're not allowed to say things if they're not true.  Football just isn't football without a bunch of pundits who don't know wtf they're talking about.. 

The Bengals should put out a press release stating: SI made a huge mistake by not releasing their editorial staff for another one.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Why do people continue to publicly make foos of themselves. Obviously the writer who wrote that did no research...
Reply/Quote
Many in the sport media picked the Bengals to win in playoffs years back and were burned. Nevertheless, Bengals went 7-9 with a less talented team last year and I think the Bengals' defense will be top 8 in league.

There are just Bengal haters. Bengals are still viewed as the team of criminals which is ludicrous because the Bengals haven't had players with issues comparably to other teams since Henry debacle. Burfict is hated for on field play but I don't think he has been arrested as a Bengal. Jones is gone.

This team has as good chance as any in the AFC North to win title.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Many in the sport media picked the Bengals to win in playoffs years back and were burned.  Nevertheless, Bengals went 7-9 with a less talented team last year and I think the Bengals' defense will be top 8 in league.  

There are just Bengal haters.  Bengals are still viewed as the team of criminals which is ludicrous because the Bengals haven't had players with issues comparably to other teams since Henry debacle.  Burfict is hated for on field play but I don't think he has been arrested as a Bengal.  Jones is gone.  

7 and 9 and several of those games were decided by 6 points or less.
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of journalists said so many things at the end of last season when we brought Marvin back that they can't change their story now.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Predict Bengals will have the worst record in the league at 4-12.  Said the Bengals made a mistake by not releasing Dalton this offseason and finding another QB.

First off, the fact that they are predicting 4-12 to be the worst record in the league even though that has only occurred once (2003) in the past 30 years shows how dumb they are. And second, them saying a QB who has never lost more then 6 games, who did that with one of the worst Olines in the game, is going to get even worse is just moronic.

Should we move on from Dalton? That's up for debate. But who would they have liked us to get this offseason that is so much better, Kirk Cousins? The most overpaid QB not named Brock Osweiler? SI was once a good magazine that actually had good reporting but unfortunately they've followed the path of ESPN.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Many in the sport media picked the Bengals to win in playoffs years back and were burned.  Nevertheless, Bengals went 7-9 with a less talented team last year and I think the Bengals' defense will be top 8 in league.  

There are just Bengal haters.  Bengals are still viewed as the team of criminals which is ludicrous because the Bengals haven't had players with issues comparably to other teams since Henry debacle.  Burfict is hated for on field play but I don't think he has been arrested as a Bengal.  Jones is gone.  

IT'S NOT FAIR! I TELL YA, WE DON'T GET NO RESPECT!  The pundits should be forced to acknowledge that the Bengals are the greatest team ever and have never been proven to make mistakes.  On the other hand. ....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That is a good point. Marvin Lewis is ragged on by ESPN often by Smith and others.

When the Bengals come out of the blocks and smoke teams with a suffocating defense and explosive pass offense, they will still be hated all the way to the playoffs like usual. Until the team wins a playoff game, Lewis is going to get blamed.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: IT'S NOT FAIR! I TELL YA, WE DON'T GET NO RESPECT!  The pundits should be forced to acknowledge that the Bengals are the greatest team ever and have never been proven to make mistakes.  On the other hand. ....

Comparably speaking, the Browns seemed adorned by media to turn things around, sometimes rated higher in predictions to the Bengals.  Lewis is the punching bag for keeping questionable players on the team and not winning playoff games.  I think that lost to Steelers' in 2015 is the cause for a lot of hate for Lewis.  He lost control of the team in that game and suffered an embarrassing lost in the playoffs.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Absolutely 0 chance they are the worst team in the league. Did you see the Bills?

I thought we didn't put a lot of stock in the preseason?   Ninja Cool
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:18 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I thought we didn't put a lot of stock in the preseason?   Ninja Cool

You don't put a lot of stock in pre season scores, and when the backups are playing. But our 1's totally dominated their 1's....
Reply/Quote
Yeah.....I'm not buying 4-12.  At the worst, I think this team could go 7-9 again.  That's the floor in my opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You don't put a lot of stock in pre season scores, and when the backups are playing. But our 1's totally dominated their 1's....

What? You don't know hot to put stock into ninja emojis, and what they mean. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Here's another piece from SI, and it says the opposite that the Bengals can be a surprise sleeper for the playoffs.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/21/bengals-betting-preview-nfl-win-total-over-under-odds

pick: OVER 6.5 wins
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:27 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: What? You don't know hot to put stock into ninja emojis, and what they mean. 

Yep.... ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Predict Bengals will have the worst record in the league at 4-12.  Said the Bengals made a mistake by not releasing Dalton this offseason and finding another QB.

So what? Should be used to it by now.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 12:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why do people continue to publicly make foos of themselves. Obviously the writer who wrote that did no research...

I agree! It usually comes down to the writers region of birth or bias, where these types of article are concerned.
Reply/Quote