Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated projection
Bengals go 6-10 and finish dead last in the AFCN.

The only player we lost from last year was Terrance newman, and even SI agrees that our defensive backfield can "match the best in the league" but only "until free agency breaks it up".

Don't know how we can go from 5 lossses to 10 losses without losing any critical players at all while adding Michael Johnson and gettong a lot of key players back from injury.

And even harder to understand how we can not finish at least in front of the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals go 6-10 and finish dead last in the AFCN.

The only player we lost from last year was Terrance newman, and even SI agrees that our defensive backfield can "match the best in the league" but only "until free agency breaks it up".

Don't know how we can go from 5 lossses to 10 losses without losing any critical players at all while adding Michael Johnson and gettong a lot of key players back from injury.

And even harder to understand how we can not finish at least in front of the Browns.

I don't really care what people think at this point. Every year I see people saying we're going to be 3rd in the AFCN and not make the playoffs. It's just going to be awesome when we finish 2nd in the AFC. I would say first, but the Colts have a ton of easy opponents.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
SI is a joke!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't really care what people think at this point. Every year I see people saying we're going to be 3rd in the AFCN and not make the playoffs. It's just going to be awesome when we finish 2nd in the AFC. I would say first, but the Colts have a ton of easy opponents.

Yeah, our schedule is no joke this year, on paper of course.

I'd say this is a 12+ win team if we didn't have so many tough games. I definitely don't think we'll be dead last in the AFCN but I also don't know if I can say we'll be second in the entire AFC. Should be a competitive team though, it would be a huge disappointment for anything short of a playoff berth with this roster.
Reply/Quote
the bengals and the jaguars are the most lucrative teams to hate on, they don't get the return that pumping up the steelers or patriots get, but people love to read how crappy teams are too (even if it's a lie, you just need to sell papers or get clicks)
Reply/Quote
"Under the Radar" again is fine with me.

This is the cumulative result of Andy's Postseason Paroxysm. This is the cumulative result of setting watches by Marvin's December Meltdowns.

No going out on limbs for the Orange and Black. The safe pick is always Pittsburgh/Baltimore, even if it smacks of journalistic cowardice.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals go 6-10 and finish dead last in the AFCN.

They have no clue.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:17 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, our schedule is no joke this year, on paper of course.

I'd say this is a 12+ win team if we didn't have so many tough games. I definitely don't think we'll be dead last in the AFCN but I also don't know if I can say we'll be second in the entire AFC. Should be a competitive team though, it would be a huge disappointment for anything short of a playoff berth with this roster.

That's only if you don't think the AFCW and NFCW are going to take a step back this year like I do. I will be surprised if we have 10 or fewer wins next year.
Reply/Quote

for someone that supposedly knows football..you seem to be lacking.. look at the schedule....lol@adding michael Johnson..yep hes a superstar
Reply/Quote

Sounds like one idiot's opinion that has very little foundation of facts behind it.

Is it Pete King and his butthurt grudge talking? He never lets a chance go by to take a ridiculous shot at the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 08:17 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, our schedule is no joke this year, on paper of course.

on paper of course ?..the schedule is for real..this is a 12 plus win team if not so many tough games?..but those tough games do count.. so u atre saying the bengals cant win against "tough teams"..so lets just not play those tough teams and this would be a 12 plus win team

Bengals go 7-9   8-8...you will see changes at the end of the year..Lewis will be gone  and by that time Mc Carron will most likely be our starting quarterback
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 09:43 AM)xavierdude Wrote: on paper of course ?..the schedule is for real..this is a 12 plus win team if not so many tough games?..but those tough games do count.. so u atre saying the bengals cant win against "tough teams"..so lets just not play those tough teams and this would be a 12 plus win team

Bengals go 7-9   8-8...you will see changes at the end of the year..Lewis will be gone  and by that time Mc Carron will most likely be our starting quarterback

And what exactly is this prognostication based upon?  Other than the voices in your head, of course.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 09:46 AM)McC Wrote: And what exactly is this prognostication based upon?  Other than the voices in your head, of course.
McC..lets have this discussion at the end of the season...your instincts tell you otherwise, I respect that
Reply/Quote
Even if we did go 6-10, we'd still finish a game ahead of the Shit Stains.

I have an SI subscription, but only because every couple of years they offer a Bengals jacket of some kind with a one year subscription, and they sucker me in. Other than that, and maybe the swimsuit issue, they're useless.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 09:53 AM)xavierdude Wrote: McC..lets have this discussion at the end of the season...your instincts tell you otherwise, I respect that

A lot changes every year. The teams that we are playing against make no exception. The NFCW and the AFCW isn't going to be as good as it was last year. The Bengals are a lot better than they were last year just for the plain fact that we're healthy again. A healthy Geno, and our rotational players for the DL being back is going to help the defense a lot. Then there's the fact that we only had 2 offensive skilled position players start all year (Dalton, Sanu) , so we're finally going to be healthy on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 09:53 AM)xavierdude Wrote: McC..lets have this discussion at the end of the season...your instincts tell you otherwise, I respect that

Alright.  Sounds fair.  

Reply/Quote

There were some places that thought the Bengals would have a significant drop in 2014 since they lost their offensive and defensive coordinators.  That didn't happen.

Many of the mainstream media only watch the Bengals in the postseason so you can understand a little bit the tarnished opinion they have of the team.  They also believe that no team consistently makes the playoffs not named Baltimore, putzburg, and New England.  It is almost like someone walking by the roulette table and seeing that green has hit four straight times, so they bet on red.  They don't know this team. 

I have said it before that I believe this is the best roster the Bengals have assembled...ever.  And I think how they approached the preseason has paid off with very few injuries.  If they can work the rotation on the defensive line and keep them fresh and healthy throughout the season, this team is going to make a run. 
Reply/Quote
I can understand picking the Bengals 3rd, I really can. Pitt and Balt were playoff teams along with Cincy last year. Considering Baltimore actually won a playoff game and Pitt won the division, I can see why some would pick Cincy 3rd.

But to put the Browns ahead of us? Why? Yeah, Cleveland was a decent team for a little more than half of the year, but their biggest issue was their offense and I don't think they addressed it enough to warrant moving them ahead of us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 09:43 AM)xavierdude Wrote: on paper of course ?..the schedule is for real..this is a 12 plus win team if not so many tough games?..but those tough games do count.. so u atre saying the bengals cant win against "tough teams"..so lets just not play those tough teams and this would be a 12 plus win team

Yeah, on paper, do you not know what that means? Every year there are teams that decline and improve (surprise!), but on paper based off last year's records, we have one of the toughest schedules in the league. If you don't think scheduling matters whatsoever, then that just shows your lack of willingness to have an objective discussion about this sort of thing.

I never said the Bengals can't beat tough teams, but we happen to play against many more legitimate contenders this year than the average NFL squad. Good teams are harder to beat than bad teams (derp). Therefore, playing a lot of good teams could skew the perception of how "good" we are compared to other teams with weaker scheduling this season. I know that you have trouble comprehending much more than looking at things with an extremely broad eye, but some of us go a bit more in depth with our evaluations.

While I disagree with Brownshoe's exact assessment, I respect that he has legitimate arguments to back up his thoughts on the season, and he's willing to go very in depth in his evaluation.

You just run around making baseless claims and expect to be taken seriously. Piss off, peasant.
Reply/Quote
I saw this yesterday.  They have lost their damn mind.  The have picked us to finish below what we have actually finished every year since 11.  They said 8-8 last year.  They have the Ravens winning the SB, but the Bengals sweeping them.  SF finishing 9-7, while Arizona goes 5-11...

The floor for this team is 8-8 (barring a meltdown of some sort).  The ceiling in the our division is 11-5.  They (SI) are so lazy with their picks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote