Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports Illustrated projection
(09-05-2015, 11:22 PM)Utts Wrote: The offense will not improve despite the return of MLJ and Eifert. Dalton is still Dalton, and I think he's getting worse not better. Add to that a fragile line and a shaky center, and you have a recipe for mediocrity at best.

We will continue to struggle with pressuring the QB, and our LB situation is a concern. Add to that the DB's are going to get worse not better with Hall and T-New getting old / moving on.

Now factor in the difficult schedule, and the coaching staffs inability to get this team to execute in big games. I say 8 is the ceiling, and I won't be surprised if the adversity causes an implosion leading to 6.
Why do you even watch the games?  Reading your posts reminds me of the cartoon character "Droopy".  Geez, I'd hate to go through life looking at the glass half empty all the time!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2015, 10:19 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It doesn't matter why. What matters is that they did it and we didn't. That makes them better.

So then why bring up a team accomplishment to prop a QB. A QB from a rival team no less.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 08:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Dalton is 4-0 in making the playoffs in the same division, and Flacco is 6-1.  Ben is 7-4, and trending downwards.  After making it 4 of his first 5 years, he's 3-3 in the last six.  Correspondingly, that falls in line with Pittsburgh moving away from a defense first/ball control offense which asked him to be a game manager into their current model of trying to make him the star.  Also keep in mind that both Dalton and Flacco have led their respective teams to the playoffs four years in a row.  Ben has never gotten the Steelers to the playoffs 3 years in a row,  let alone four.  He also has no playoff wins the past four years, same as Dalton.  You can argue better supporting casts for Dalton and Flacco, but isn't the point of an elite QB that they can win games with less talent surrounding him?  Particularly in a discussion about regular season records, Ben has simply not proven himself to be a significant enough upgrade over Dalton or Flacco to produce more wins, so unless we're calling Flacco and Dalton elite, there's no reason to put Ben in that category.

Well said.  And I don't think Dalton and Flacco have had better supporting casts necessarily.  Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, Mike Wallace and some good RBs, including LeVeon Bell, are not chumps.
Reply/Quote