Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start AJ McCarron or Jake Browning
Yes, please start AJ McCarron against the Angry Birds; or maybe start Jake Browning. As long as Joe Burrow is not starting next week I will feel infinitely better about the Cincinnati Bengals.

Joe needs to heal because it’s painfully obvious his right calf isn’t good. He can’t run, he can’t move around in what pocket is there, and he can’t push off and step into his passes. Inaccurate and immobile are not good quarterback qualities and the parallels I see with Andrew Luck scare me.

There are 275 million reasons to sit Joe Burrow. He IS the long term solution here in Cincinnati and he needs time to get back to 100% health.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's no upside to starting Burrow at this point. Only downside. Dude is just too limited to make this offense go. I applaud the warrior like approach, but it's just not working. Go heal up.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
They have the utmost confidence in Jake to hold the clipboard! I'm sure of it!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, please start AJ McCarron against the Angry Birds; or maybe start Jake Browning.  As long as Joe Burrow is not starting next week I will feel infinitely better about the Cincinnati Bengals.

Joe needs to heal because it’s painfully obvious his right calf isn’t good.  He can’t run, he can’t move around in what pocket is there, and he can’t push off and step into his passes.  Inaccurate and immobile are not good quarterback qualities and the parallels I see with Andrew Luck scare me.

There are 275 million reasons to sit Joe Burrow.  He IS the long term solution here in Cincinnati and he needs time to get back to 100% health.

Preach brother, preach

He's our long-term future. And I like him as our long-term future. But he's got to get healed up if it takes the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
I agree with this post. Not saying the season is done. I am saying JB needs to sit. The 2 are not the same. We looked like poop today. Runny poop!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree with this post. Not saying the season is done. I am saying JB needs to sit. The 2 are not the same. We looked like poop today. Runny poop!

Yep

As has been said:

Joe Burrow can't run, can't scramble, can't plant and push off on that leg. No zip on his throws. He can't backpedal out from under center, just on and on.

We have like 10 plays he can run from the shotgun and the opposing D is just set up for a field day. They're not afraid of nothing we can do. We can't throw long!!

It's a recipe for an even bigger disaster - Joe getting totally wrecked.
Reply/Quote
Continuing to start Joe Burrow is now bordering on abuse. There; I said it!
Reply/Quote
Burrow has been getting hit back there since he started playing in Cincy because the O-line has remained embarrassing since Whitworth left. Now, it is still bad, but he can't move and the team cannot figure out how to win without that. Scratch that, hasn't been able to score, let alone win.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 06:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree with this post. Not saying the season is done. I am saying JB needs to sit. The 2 are not the same. We looked like poop today. Runny poop!

I’ll say it. The season is done. I agree that Burrow should sit at least through the bye week, at which time we’ll be 1-5. After that, we’ve got the Niners and Seahawks, so that makes it 1-7. At this point, I think a winning season is the best we can hope for.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:26 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I’ll say it. The season is done. I agree that Burrow should sit at least through the bye week, at which time we’ll be 1-5. After that, we’ve got the Niners and Seahawks, so that makes it 1-7.  At this point, I think a winning season is the best we can hope for.

I don't think 2 months can get burrow over his mental issues right now which are caused by his physical problems. I think he should sit the rest of the year and come back 100% healthy next year and no mental issues to work through, because this year is lost. It's not a Manning league anymore, you have to be able to move. Brady manipulated the pocket but he was also healthy and had a better O-line.

Even if he came back with 4-5 games left that'd only give him 8-9 weeks off, doesn't seem like enough but only a doctor would know lol. Think it's hard to get through mental issues in only 2 months, plus he'll be back at ground zero with rust issues.

We'll never know if Ja'marr was right about sitting him the first 5 games, that would have given him 11 weeks off post injury.
Reply/Quote
The whole "Burrow gives us the best chance to win" garbage can now so away. He does not. We lose scoring 3 points, and Burrow gets a boo-boo on his elbow. It can only be worse as he goes out there. Only having 2 yard routes, they can just tee off at the QB and hope for the best. Joe can now only get hurt the time he is in their as we lose. They are just too stubborn to pull him. No reason to be in at the end of that game.

Some people are wrong, and know they are wrong. Instead of admitting they are and changing course, they will ride their beliefs through hell's gates.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Heads need to roll. I know it’s still early but this Oline is freakin trash. Protect your gimpy QB. Miami saw they had a stud QB if they can just protect him, and they fixed their line in one off season. We have been trying for 5+ years. This is insane. And I’m not throwing all the blame on the line, the play calling continues to be Susie t, and the D apparently can’t play two weeks in a row. To be far the offense didn’t do them any favors again. This is a train wreck that’s about to get even worse. Just sit Joe already and move in. Off you have that little faith in a backup, then they shouldn’t be the damn back up. Fix this shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Destro Wrote: The whole "Burrow gives us the best chance to win" garbage can now so away. He does not. We lose scoring 3 points, and Burrow gets a boo-boo on his elbow. It can only be worse as he goes out there. Only having 2 yard routes, they can just tee off at the QB and hope for the best. Joe can now only get hurt the time he is in their as we lose. They are just too stubborn to pull him. No reason to be in at the end of that game.

Some people are wrong, and know they are wrong. Instead of admitting they are and changing course, they will ride their beliefs through hell's gates.

I agree. I always took issue with those that said:

"A 50% Burrow is better than our backups"

"If we have to use our backup QB we're done."

I've said this team is good enough to win without Burrow. They're just not good enough to win in spite of Burrow. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've said this team is good enough to win without Burrow. They're just not good enough to win in spite of Burrow. 

Exactly. Sit him and plan around it.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:36 PM)Destro Wrote: The whole "Burrow gives us the best chance to win" garbage can now so away. He does not. We lose scoring 3 points, and Burrow gets a boo-boo on his elbow. It can only be worse as he goes out there. Only having 2 yard routes, they can just tee off at the QB and hope for the best. Joe can now only get hurt the time he is in their as we lose. They are just too stubborn to pull him. No reason to be in at the end of that game.

I’m switching sides. I was for burrow playing, but he needs to sit. It’s not because I was wrong. I just have more data now. Before this game we played 2 games and sucked. Then we won with Burrow. 4 games in, The D is awful, the O is even worse. Our loses weren’t even close. Blowouts. We’re not winning with him, bench him to get him healthy. It’s a lost season guys. Sucks because we all felt this was a SB team. Sadly, next year we’ll be worse as we lose more players and don’t have much cap space.
Reply/Quote

Well, we probably need to finish 10-7 to make playoffs.

Thats a 9-4 finish.
Reply/Quote
Right now Joe Burrow is a $275 million dollar sitting duck. We all want the Bengals to win and we all want Joe to succeed. We’re invested in him — literally — and to have him out there risking further injury is highly unwarranted. No other team will ever want to eat that contract so let’s hope the coaches and Front Office think with their heads and not with their wallets and sit Joe for the sake of his long term viability.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Right now Joe Burrow is a $275 million dollar sitting duck.  We all want the Bengals to win and we all want Joe to succeed.  We’re invested in him — literally — and to have him out there risking further injury is highly unwarranted.  No other team will ever want to eat that contract so let’s hope the coaches and Front Office think with their heads and not with their wallets and sit Joe for the sake of his long term viability.

If we want to win...he needs to sit. Before he messes up his mechanics for years to come.

Sucks. This is quickly starting to look like the Palmer years.
Reply/Quote
Even if you set health and long term ramifications aside, I'd say we have 2 QB's on the roster that are better than this version of Joe Burrow. This roster is good enough to at least compete, even with below average QB play. Joe is just flat out bad right now.

I'd love to see McCarron, myself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 08:19 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: I’m switching sides. I was for burrow playing, but he needs to sit. It’s not because I was wrong. I just have more data now. Before this game we played 2 games and sucked. Then we won with Burrow. 4 games in, The D is awful, the O is even worse. Our loses weren’t even close. Blowouts. We’re not winning with him, bench him to get him healthy. It’s a lost season guys. Sucks because we all felt this was a SB team. Sadly, next year we’ll be worse as we lose more players and don’t have much cap space.

So it took you until this game to understand the offense is limited with an injured QB that cant do much of anything other than check downs and 5 yard passes?
Reply/Quote