Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start Believing ?
There was a thread I believe it was after the Squeelers game ? I'll never remember what it was possibly something about ZT turning a corner ? Anyways, I believe it was Ochoscincos that said lets see where we're at after the next 4 game or something, and I concurred.

Well here we are 5-2 and I don't know quite how to describe it but something just seems different about this team. Having a defense that doesn't stink (like we have like had so much lately) helps so much for sure. Having Joe Burrow is a plus along with Chase and so many others.

But it's more than just that. Chemistry, moxy, swag without being total jerks ? A team that isn't all about me,me,me. I can't sum it up in 20 words or less but to me it's just a different vibe, a different feel.

I'm not trying to say we're gonna just go off and blow out everybody this season enroute to a 50-6 Superbowl win this season.

Just that I'm starting to believe. I'm starting to think this time it may really be different.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I started a few weeks back, this team is loaded.

Could have never imagined the huge jump in the defenses play from last season until this one.

Wow !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The environment/atmosphere is different. There is swag, not brag. There is no flamboyant characters on this team. They don't talk the talk because all their efforts is going into walking the walk.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think we all kinda felt the team had "arrived" against Green Bay, even though they didn't win.
THIS win vs Ravens was indeed a STATEMENT game. So, as for "start believing?"... if not NOW then WHEN????
Reply/Quote
I said this was a huge “prove it to me” game for Taylor. And they proved it. Lots of football left this year but they went in and owned Baltimore in a huge game. It was a statement. The team already has confidence but this game should add some real swagger. Absolutely love seeing the win, the improvement and if Taylor keeps this up I’ll happily be a believer in what he and Lou are doing!
Reply/Quote
I believed this team could be pretty good, 8 or 9 wins type of team. Now I’m thinking, why not us to win the whole thing? Burrow and Chase taking over just like they did in college, and the defense is looking like a top unit. Why not this year? AFC is looking ripe for the taking!
Reply/Quote
So if the season ended today, we'd go to the Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
I'm fully in after today. This team can beat anyone.

If they lay an egg, well that happens but today they showed they can play with the best in the league and with how buffalo has put up a couple of stinkers and KC looks lost who else are you scared of in the league?

Tennessee or the chargers? Maybe but they don't look invincible either. Cincinnati has as much a chance of a SB run as anyone an the league is on notice
Reply/Quote
I've been a doubter up to this point, but that Ravens game is having me start to believe.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was a thread I believe it was after the Squeelers game ? I'll never remember what it was possibly something about ZT turning a corner ? Anyways, I believe it was Ochoscincos that said lets see where we're at after the next 4 game or something, and I concurred.

Well here we are 5-2 and I don't know quite how to describe it but something just seems different about this team. Having a defense that doesn't stink (like we have like had so much lately) helps so much for sure. Having Joe Burrow is a plus along with Chase and so many others.

But it's more than just that. Chemistry, moxy, swag without being total jerks ? A team that isn't all about me,me,me. I can't sum it up in 20 words or less but to me it's just a different vibe, a different feel.

I'm not trying to say we're gonna just go off and blow out everybody this season enroute to a 50-6 Superbowl win this season.

Just that I'm starting to believe. I'm starting to think this time it may really be different.

I'm feeling this might be different as well...

1) Burrow is elite
2) Chase is elite
3) Patience with Zac might be paying off since he's built a solid roster

This team is fun, fun, fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
We were just waiting on the offense to start clicking and catch up with the defense. It appears that’s happening.

I honestly didn’t think we’d even beat the Ravens, let alone blow them out. With this defense, and the Burrow to Uno connection I’m definitely starting to believe…

Reply/Quote
The long time Bengals fan in me is whispering... take care of business with the Jets and the banged up Browns then we talking.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Amazing performance today. I am in shock.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There was a thread I believe it was after the Squeelers game ? I'll never remember what it was possibly something about ZT turning a corner ? Anyways, I believe it was Ochoscincos that said lets see where we're at after the next 4 game or something, and I concurred.

What's different about this team is this.. They are pounding good teams and don't take the foot off the gas.. I can't remember the last time this team was like that. 1988?  There is something special in the making here and it's time to start believing.  I think it's time to stop the old way of thinking we will bungle it somehow. This team is different.. They are figuring teams out in the 2nd halves. Marvin's teams never did that... New Dey indeed....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been a doubter up to this point, but that Ravens game is having me start to believe.

Welcome aboard

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've been a doubter up to this point, but that Ravens game is having me start to believe.

Me too, I live to much in the moment with this team. Like they give up 1 long td and I'm thinking they are gonna bungle it. It's time to stop that.. Even if they do lose again , which they most likely will this year, I won't doubt them... Zac had built a good culture here.. These guys really believe they can beat anyone, and they can..
Reply/Quote

...and what will make me believe even more is a convincing win against the Jets. This has the making of a classic trap game.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:25 PM)Tony Wrote: What's different about this team is this.. They are pounding good teams and don't take the foot off the gas.. I can't remember the last time this team was like that. 1988?  There is something special in the making here and it's time to start believing.  I think it's time to stop the old way of thinking we will bungle it somehow. This team is different.. They are figuring teams out in the 2nd halves. Marvin's teams never did that... New Dey indeed....

Right

As long time Bengal fans we're always like ok we've done this so far in this game....but, the implosion is just around the corner.

I think we might be getting past that.......finally
Reply/Quote

Same here brother, been a long time coming huh?

Couldn't say it any better than you did. You said it, this team is special and any team playing them better watch out cause this 
team can beat you in so many ways. Burrow just cannot make too many mistakes, limit the turnovers on Offense and we can 
beat anyone, not kidding. Bring on the Buccaneers, Cards, whoever...
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right

As long time Bengal fans we're always like ok we've done this so far in this game....but, the implosion is just around the corner.

I think we might be getting past that.......finally

Ya, I really do to.. I hate being pessimistic anyway. I just hated getting the hopes up just to be crushed in the end. This team is so different. I thought after the bears game they were average at best. I was wrong, real wrong..
Reply/Quote