Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Start Believing ?
I believe in the future and now think that we can put some Super Bowl trophies in Paul Brown, but, as far as this season goes, the line still scares me.

We have all the weapons to make it happen and Burrow only got sacked once today but he had a lot of pressure in his face and looked like he got hit a lot.

We can't keep that up or teams will find a way to exploit it and he'll get injured.
Not trying to be negative, just honest, and it looks like we got lucky a bunch today that he was able to get the ball out quick and that he wasn't injured.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one has any control over that, so why do people keep saying it?

Hey, it is just key to a run Rfaulk. I want to win a Super Bowl and this will be monumental in helping that happen.

I don't believe in jinxes anyways bro. I understand why it pisses you off though lol Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I believed this team could be pretty good, 8 or 9 wins type of team. Now I’m thinking, why not us to win the whole thing? Burrow and Chase taking over just like they did in college, and the defense is looking like a top unit. Why not this year? AFC is looking ripe for the taking!

Same....in years past I would've said they were a .500 club going into the season. I pegged em a 7-9 win team.

Now that we know the Chiefs ain't all that, and some other teams are dealing with injuries, a few aren't as good as we thought, I think we might have a shot at the playoffs, maybe even a division championship.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do think that our team is only getting better. The offensive line has nowhere to go but up (unless derailed by injuries). We're so young, that the players are only going to get better. Up front, the wideouts, the linebackers. I hope the corners can stay healthy, and that we can see Waynes healthy for the stretch run. If that position group can get completely healthy, we should get better in coverage too.

And the coaching too. I'm seeing improvement. I think they are coming along. It really comes down to focusing on continual improvement and staying healthy. There are a lot of contenders in the AFC though. The Titans, Chiefs, Ravens, Browns, Chargers, and a few others. Not as good as the NFC, but not a cakewalk either. Gotta keep getting better, and stay healthy. But I definitely see the teams trajectory going up.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, it is just key to a run Rfaulk. I want to win a Super Bowl and this will be monumental in helping that happen.

I don't believe in jinxes anyways bro. I understand why it pisses you off though lol Hilarious

Yeah. Jinxs are silly. I decided to go to the Sharonville Convention Center with my wife today for a Holiday Expo. Left the house at 1pm and completely ignored the game until i checked the score at 4pm. Needless to say i was  Shocked 

I then enjoyed watching the entire game, commercial free. Big Grin

The injury thing is just...i don't know. A waste of time? I don't see an issue bringing it up when you're saying it's key to how the season will turn out, but week to week, when there's no control over it. It just gets me, deep in the pet peeves. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lol, we are so scurred of jinxing our team it isn't even funny.

Yeah, both losses to the NFC. It's all good. Lets win two more AFC games before the bye shall we...

No question. If I put it down in writing the team is screwed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. Jinxs are silly. I decided to go to the Sharonville Convention Center with my wife today for a Holiday Expo. Left the house at 1pm and completely ignored the game until i checked the score at 4pm. Needless to say i was  Shocked 

I then enjoyed watching the entire game, commercial free. Big Grin

The injury thing is just...i don't know. A waste of time? I don't see an issue bringing it up when you're saying it's key to how the season will turn out, but week to week, when there's no control over it. It just gets me, deep in the pet peeves. 

Yeah, I will try not to bring it up. Just love how this team is playing and actually seeing our coaching improving as well 
makes me want to think big. SB big. This is a damn good team that should only get better as it is VERY young. I think we
are the 3rd youngest team in the NFL last I heard.

(10-24-2021, 10:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No question. If I put it down in writing the team is screwed.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
This game was the ultimate statement game.It put the league on notice that the Bengals are for real.Maybe even sent a chill up the spine of our AFC North rivals.
Blowing out an Elite team,that just the week before had destroyed Justin Herbert and the Chargers.Impressive win for sure.
Plus,this Offense likely is just going to get even better.As the OL play continues to improve.
Reply/Quote
If the Ravens starting RT is out going forward it could cause problems for them.

We shall see...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Road blowout win, against a contender, team's improving every week. How can't I.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:45 AM)SladeX Wrote: Road blowout win, against a contender, team's improving every week. How can't I.

Both our wins against the division (Ravens, Stealers) have been on the road.  That is huge.

We are looking real good as far as playoff projections.  No real excuse for losing to these teams at home after we beat them on the road.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...and what will make me believe even more is a convincing win against the Jets.  This has the making of a classic trap game.

What I believe now is that they CAN beat any team.
Even if they lose to the Jets, I'll still think they could beat any of the teams on the schedule, regardless whether they actually do or not.
The past two years, I've been convinced they only had a shot against other really bad teams.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote