Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starters who are Weak Links
As far as players go, there are three weak links on this team IMO. The first is Dre Kirkpatrick. I don't know if we can do anything about that this year because we are thin at corner, but he shouldn't be starting next year. The next is Andre Smith. Why not sit him or rotate him heavily with Ogbuehi? Ogbuehi is a first round draft pick. Give him a shot. At the very least, DO NOT re-sign him next year. The third is Russell Bodine. IMO they need to fix the line now by putting someone else at Center. Since they won't do that, I hope they at least consider finding another Center next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict. Draft a MLB high next year. Burfict is a good player, but man, he is quite a liability to go with that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:29 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Vontaze Burfict.  Draft a MLB high next year.  Burfict is a good player, but man, he is quite a liability to go with that.

I assume you are joking.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis?  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:37 AM)tjcase85 Wrote: Marvin Lewis?  LMAO

I tried to avoid this comment by putting Starters in the Subject line, but I knew it wouldn't work.  Talking about players right now, not coaches.  
Reply/Quote
Anyone of the core special teamers. Huber, Nugent... Tate. They all suck.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we will be drafting a RB that can be a between the tackles bruiser.

I'm sure the rest of the list looks like: CB, S, LB, and WR
Reply/Quote
This thread. The audacity of going after Utts and now this...
Reply/Quote
It all depends on what starters we retain. Lots of free agents this off season and we won't retain them all.

I see Andre Smith not being resigned and I believe a new kicker is an option as well.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:16 AM)TGISunday Wrote: This thread.   The audacity of going after Utts and now this...

Utts and I have made our peace.  Not sure why you are bringing that up.  And what don't you like about the thread? If you're happy with our starters, say so.  If you're saying I'm not being a homer, I never was a homer and I have always made critical comments when I see bad play or bad coaching.  Nothing has changed there.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It all depends on what starters we retain. Lots of free agents this off season and we won't retain them all.

I see Andre Smith not being resigned and I believe a new kicker is an option as well.

I just think they love Nuge too much to get rid of him.  I would love a new kicker.  I don't agree with the Huber comment above.  He's a solid punter.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: As far as players go, there are three weak links on this team IMO.  The first is Dre Kirkpatrick.  I don't know if we can do anything about that this year because we are thin at corner, but he shouldn't be starting next year.  The next is Andre Smith.  Why not sit him or rotate him heavily with Ogbuehi?  Ogbuehi is a first round draft pick.  Give him a shot.  At the very least, DO NOT re-sign him next year.  The third is Russell Bodine.  IMO they need to fix the line now by putting someone else at Center.  Since they won't do that, I hope they at least consider finding another Center next year.

I'm with you on all three of these and will add Nugent.  These guys have all shown they can not be consistent and get the job done.  Unfortunately, I don't see us replacing any of them.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Tate.... While he usually holds on to the ball, he gets tackled for loss or no gain on most punt returns
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:40 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I'm with you on all three of these and will add Nugent.  These guys have all shown they can not be consistent and get the job done.  Unfortunately, I don't see us replacing any of them.

Sadly, I think you might be right.  However, there is hope on Andre and Dre since they would both have to be re-signed.  I think Andre has a good chance of leaving.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:40 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Tate.... While he usually holds on to the ball, he gets tackled for loss or no gain on most punt returns

True.  Jones would be returning but we're weak at corner and he has a foot issue.  I guess Alford couldn't do it or he'd be in there.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: As far as players go, there are three weak links on this team IMO.  The first is Dre Kirkpatrick.  I don't know if we can do anything about that this year because we are thin at corner, but he shouldn't be starting next year.  The next is Andre Smith.  Why not sit him or rotate him heavily with Ogbuehi?  Ogbuehi is a first round draft pick.  Give him a shot.  At the very least, DO NOT re-sign him next year.  The third is Russell Bodine.  IMO they need to fix the line now by putting someone else at Center.  Since they won't do that, I hope they at least consider finding another Center next year.

Yours is good. To add to that (and Kicker that's been stated), I would like AJ Hawk/OLB position upgraded please. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Let's see....

Tate
Vincent Rey
Lamur
Kirkpatrick
Bodine
Andre Smith
Nugent

Our main issue is we need to rebuild the interior OL and the secondary and unfortunately those areas will be picked clean in the draft by the time we come up to pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:41 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Sadly, I think you might be right.  However, there is hope on Andre and Dre since they would both have to be re-signed.  I think Andre has a good chance of leaving.  

True.  We can keep our fingers crossed, right?
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

(12-29-2015, 10:24 AM)BengalChris Wrote: I see Andre Smith not being resigned and I believe a new kicker is an option as well.

(12-29-2015, 11:04 AM)Joelist Wrote: Our main issue is we need to rebuild the interior OL and the secondary and unfortunately those areas will be picked clean in the draft by the time we come up to pick.

(12-29-2015, 11:06 AM)PApinhead Wrote: True.  We can keep our fingers crossed, right?
Some on this board thinks the O line is the best in the NFL, so why would they want to fix it since it is the best,  Hilarious ?  IMO the line has been a liability over the past umpteen years and something needs to change.  I am sick of never seeing the line play up or beyond their potential and also play better than a top tier D-line.  They play well against the bottom tier lines but are constantly out match on the top tier.  Contrary to Hobnob, the Rams and 49ers D-line are not top tier lines.  You all want to scream and blame the RB, QB or WR, but the true liability is the line.  The line is soft and has no fight!!
Reply/Quote
LOL at someone mentioning Burfict. Aside from the fact that he's known for getting terrible penalties at crucial times, he's one of the top 5 starters on the team. The weak links are the same weak links that have been mentioned for years...these guys shouldn't be around.

Domata Peko...
Brandon Tate...
Russell Bodine...
Mike Nugent...

You could also make considerations for A.J. Hawks, Andre Smith, Dre Kirkpatrick.

Kevin Huber had a shitty game. He's not a weak link.
Andre Smith is a free agent, he won't be re-signed (this is almost a given).
Dre Kirkpatrick is a restricted free agent, he will likely be around another year but after that, who knows.
A.J. Hawk is what he is, but it's tough to swallow having a zero playmaker at OLB in this system.
Reply/Quote