Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starters who are Weak Links
(12-29-2015, 09:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: As far as players go, there are three weak links on this team IMO.  The first is Dre Kirkpatrick.  I don't know if we can do anything about that this year because we are thin at corner, but he shouldn't be starting next year.  The next is Andre Smith.  Why not sit him or rotate him heavily with Ogbuehi?  Ogbuehi is a first round draft pick.  Give him a shot.  At the very least, DO NOT re-sign him next year.  The third is Russell Bodine.  IMO they need to fix the line now by putting someone else at Center.  Since they won't do that, I hope they at least consider finding another Center next year.

Good insight and I would agree totally. Dre is not starting corner material and is a liability that will be very costly in the playoffs. I would say the same for Adam Jones right now as well. I know everybody thinks Jones is having a great year but it is more about the D-line than the cover skills of our corners. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:30 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: I'm not sure I agree with Dre K..... Can some one post his numbers as far as targets and catches per game?

6. Cincinnati Bengals

Average PFF grade: 75.1
Cornerbacks: Adam Jones (84.6); Leon Hall (82.9); Dre Kirkpatrick (38.4)
Safeties: Reggie Nelson (85.8); George Iloka (84.0)
Outside of New England, the Bengals are the only other team garnering four defensive backs with a PFF rating above 80. If not for the struggles of Kirkpatrick, who is our 110th-ranked cornerback and the second-most targeted, with 105 passes sent his way, this group would be much higher. Nelson is tied with Kansas City’s Peters for the league-lead in interceptions, and even with Iloka missing time recently with a groin injury, Shawn Williams (73.4) has given the Bengals starter-level play off the bench.
Standout stat: Among cornerbacks with at least 275 snaps, Dre Kirkpatrick is the 116th highest-graded player, only ahead of Antwon Blake (PIT) and Brandon Browner (NO).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/31/pro-top-10-nfl-secondaries-this-season-2/
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:56 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: 6. Cincinnati Bengals

Outside of New England, the Bengals are the only other team garnering four defensive backs with a PFF rating above 80. If not for the struggles of Kirkpatrick, who is our 110th-ranked cornerback and the second-most targeted, with 105 passes sent his way, this group would be much higher. Nelson is tied with Kansas City’s Peters for the league-lead in interceptions, and even with Iloka missing time recently with a groin injury, Shawn Williams (73.4) has given the Bengals starter-level play off the bench.
Standout stat: Among cornerbacks with at least 275 snaps, Dre Kirkpatrick is the 116th highest-graded player, only ahead of Antwon Blake (PIT) and Brandon Browner (NO).

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/31/pro-top-10-nfl-secondaries-this-season-2/
I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad.  I believe his contract's up next year.  I would let him walk.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree with the majority on here

We need upgrades at:

C - Bodine is back up
RT - doubt Smith is resigned
KR - Tate is easily replaced
DT - Peko is done
CB - Time to end Kirkpatrick experiment
LB - we need upgrades at starters and back ups
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Anyone of the core special teamers. Huber, Nugent... Tate. They all suck.

gg allin  Smirk
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'm not so sure I buy into the "Peko is done" idea. Unfortunately what has happened this year is that Sims has missed a goodly amount of time and so once again we don't have a full DL rotation available. Peko has been good when called on and we have to remember what his role is on the line - he is the NT in a 4-3 alignment. Plus, (and I think we have a post somewhere in the forums about this) when you look at opponent yards per carry by where on the DL the play runs the spots covered by the DTs are actually pretty good. It is the spots covered by the DEs and especially RDE (IIRC) that were scandalous.

In other words, we're not getting killed by runs up the gut but by runs to the outside gaining the edge.
Reply/Quote
I'm disappointed in the defenses inability to close out games this season. Big games. Buckling against the run and the pass late to opposing offenses. For game winning scores. We couldn't buy a stop the last couple drives against Denver. It took Carson 54 seconds to move 70 yards (or something like that).

When the game is on the line I've lost all faith in the Defense making a stop. No individual starter that I have issue with besides Lamur.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

So, you posted this to make a liar out of yourself about Pacman?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:45 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Good insight and I would agree totally. Dre is not starting corner material and is a liability that will be very costly in the playoffs. I would say the same for Adam Jones right now as well. I know everybody thinks Jones is having a great year but it is more about the D-line than the cover skills of our corners. 

There'a a reason why everyone thinks Jones is having a great year.  It's because he is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote

I meant the raw stats, pff holds no credibility with me.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 10:39 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I just think they love Nuge too much to get rid of him.  I would love a new kicker.  I don't agree with the Huber comment above.  He's a solid punter.

I wish we would have kept Josh Brown.
Reply/Quote

Amazing how well the back end is playing, even Williams off the bench. 

If Dre could just learn to get his head around instead of latching on to receivers, he could be really good. He had a big problem early with the double move but seems to have corrected that. Hopefully, with the starting experience he's getting now, he'll continue to develop and improve. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 08:54 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize how bad.  I believe his contract's up next year.  I would let him walk.

He's still way too young and fast to let him walk. If he hasn't improved by the end of next year though, i'd agree.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 02:21 PM)McC Wrote: So, you posted this to make a liar out of yourself about Pacman?

lol...is is possible to lie about your own opinion? I thinks not.

It is easy for someone who is not very bright  to be confused between the difference between subjective thoughts (things you can not lie about) and facts (things you can lie about)

The stats show that Adnam Jones is having a very good year...my personal, individual, emotional, instinctive or intuitive thoughts says the stats are misleading. You do know he did miss the games against the two best WR groups we faced. Pretty strategic in a contract year if you ask me. Again that is just my opinion...kind of like everyone's statement in this thread.

I posted this because someone asked for some stats for Dre. They were the fastest I could find.

If I were worried about proving to everyone that I was "a liar" about my opinion. I could have chosen to not include the rest of the information...lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:41 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: I meant the raw stats, pff holds no credibility with me.
I was being lazy and this was the fastest search...if there is conflicting info I too would like to see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 05:42 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...is is possible to lie about your own opinion? I thinks not.

It is easy for someone who is not very bright  to be confused between the difference between subjective thoughts (things you can not lie about) and facts (things you can lie about)

The stats show that Adnam Jones is having a very good year...my personal, individual, emotional, instinctive or intuitive thoughts says the stats are misleading. You do know he did miss the games against the two best WR groups we faced. Pretty strategic in a contract year if you ask me. Again that is just my opinion...kind of like everyone's statement in this thread.

I posted this because someone asked for some stats for Dre. They were the fastest I could find.

If I were worried about proving to everyone that I was "a liar" about my opinion. I could have chosen to not include the rest of the information...lol.

Okay.  Let me put it this way--you proved how wrong you are. 

You think he sand bagged two games?   Well, that just proves how bright you are not.  You're killing yourself.   Maybe you should just stop saying stuff about this.  If you're trying to have an argument, you are really bad at it.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 05:43 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: I was being lazy and this was the fastest search...if there is conflicting info I too would like to see it.

I tried searching to and couldn't find game splits anywhere as far as targets and receptions. The pff thing did pop up though. 
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 05:42 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: lol...is is possible to lie about your own opinion? I thinks not.

So your are not a liar.  Just stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:45 PM)Rattler Wrote:  it's Marvin doesn't play rookies syndrome with is moronic - you play whatever helps you win games!

The only morons are the ones who think Marvin doesn't play rookies.  The proof is so overwhelming it is not even worth posting again.

The same people ripping Marvin for not playing Alford are the geniuses who knew Bennie Brazeel should be returning kicks for us just because he was fast and that is all ity takes to return kicks in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:45 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote:  I know everybody thinks Jones is having a great year but it is more about the D-line than the cover skills of our corners. 

This makes no sense at all.  Our pass defense was just as good, if not better, last year when we were DEAD LAST in sacks.  
Reply/Quote