Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starters who are Weak Links
(12-29-2015, 05:09 PM)Rattler Wrote: This is why.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

So you are upset he trusts veterans over untested rookies?

Wanna know who else does that....

[Image: IdwqCUy.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you are upset he trusts veterans over untested rookies?  

You seriously think Belicheat would even have Tate on his roster?  Same Tate who once fair caught a punt at his own 2 yard line? Hilarious

I'm upset we have a kid with world class speed who excels in the return game inactive while Tate has 5 punt returns for a total of 8 yards.

At some point you have to trust a kid and his skills especially when you need a big play instead of a tap dance and tackle for no gain.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:22 PM)Rattler Wrote: You seriously think Belicheat would even have Tate on his roster?  Same Tate who once fair caught a punt at his own 2 yard line? Hilarious

I'm upset we have a kid with world class speed who excels in the return game inactive while Tate has 5 punt returns for a total of 8 yards.

At some point you have to trust a kid and his skills especially when you need a big play instead of a tap dance and tackle for no gain.

Are we debating tate or not playing rookies? I told you I could care less about if we play tate or not. But I imagine at some point Alford should show something in practice to warrant his reps. Kroft for example is showing he deserves more reps. So is Shaw.
Reply/Quote
Er...didn't we get Tate because Bill Bellyache was done with him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 12:28 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You really want him to end up murdering an opposing player on the field? Even worse...what if he snaps in the locker room and kills one of his teammates?

If I had to guess who would murder someone on the field, it would be a Steeler, possibly Mitchell with his head shots.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you are upset he trusts veterans over untested rookies?  

Marvin goes overboard with it, though.  Belicheat got rid of Tate years ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Should've pursued him when we were "saving money"...... Whatever

To be fair, the Browns would've matched the offer. Mack will opt out of his deal this offseason most likely. Even then, I don't expect us to go after him. Bodine is who we will stick with, for at least 1 more year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If they really want to move it to the next level. They would pursue Alex Mack in the off season.

Our dream center.  I know they would never do it, but I can dream.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure I agree with Dre K..... Can some one post his numbers as far as targets and catches per game?
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
Brandon Tate - makes me shout at the screen an awful lot, his punt returning specifically is not good. I get that he's safe but any WR should be able to field a punt securely. Once he starts going sideways you know its never gonna turn out good.

Nuge - probably a bit harsh and if you were to look purely at his kick % its steady but kickers more than anyone need to give you confidence and be clutch and I always think there's a key miss in him. His leg strength worries me and not every playoff game can be in a dome.

3rd LB - I know not every position can be a pro bowler but you asked for weak link. Tez and Rey I like a lot but after that its a real hotch potch. I like Vinnie Rey and think he produces way above his talent level and is a great stop gap but he should not be a starter. AJ Hawk is just another vet fill -in ..big disappointment for me is Lamur who has not really progressed despite coaches raving about his ahtleticism.

As with other posters I think Andre Smith chose a bad time to have a so-so year and is gone with one of the rookies replacing him.
Reply/Quote
The big needs have to be Center, CB and a third legit starter quality LB.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: The big needs have to be Center, CB and a third legit starter quality LB.

Sadly my guess would be that Center is not listed among the Bengals needs for next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 10:11 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Nuge - probably a bit harsh and if you were to look purely at his kick % its steady but kickers more than anyone need to give you confidence and be clutch and I always think there's a key miss in him.  His leg strength worries me and not every playoff game can be in a dome.

On KO's, the Bengals are #1 in starting field position.  Average KO is 65 yards, 8th in the league.  Will say this though... I always get a little queezy when any team I am backing lines up a 45 yard field goal.  While I have seen him miss... I have never seen the piss in my pants look that McManus had monday night.  Nugent has made OT kicks in NCAA championship games and 57 yard FG's in NFL playoff games... I would gladly take a 48 yard Nugent FG try, down by 1 with 3 seconds left in SB50... would mean we made it there and had a >75% chance of winning.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Anyone of the core special teamers. Huber, Nugent... Tate. They all suck.

I don't trust Nuge all that much and Tate is, well, Tate, but it's ridiculous to say Huber suxx.  We may have some problem spots but Huber is definitely not one of them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Huber is a weapon, not a liability...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 09:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Huber is a weapon, not a liability...

No doubt.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:22 PM)Rattler Wrote: You seriously think Belicheat would even have Tate on his roster?  

Well he did draft him in the 3rd round. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he did draft him in the 3rd round. 

Yeah but he cut him a long time ago.
Reply/Quote
dre k - too inconsistent
bodine - too inconsistent
a. smith - rough year
tate - straight sucks
nugent - mediocre
peko - non-existent without dunlap and atkins
lamur/vinny r./rey m. - not good, limited, still misses too many tackles
marvin lewis - failure to figure out how to coach in the second half
hue jackson - for trying to be too cute with his play calling

i know some of these aren't starters or even players, but these i believe are our biggest weaknesses as of now
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: As far as players go, there are three weak links on this team IMO.  The first is Dre Kirkpatrick.  I don't know if we can do anything about that this year because we are thin at corner, but he shouldn't be starting next year.  The next is Andre Smith.  Why not sit him or rotate him heavily with Ogbuehi?  Ogbuehi is a first round draft pick.  Give him a shot.  At the very least, DO NOT re-sign him next year.  The third is Russell Bodine.  IMO they need to fix the line now by putting someone else at Center.  Since they won't do that, I hope they at least consider finding another Center next year.

Let's just go with players who wouldn't make any other team...

Peko, Lamur, V Rey, Tate, Peko, Tate, Hunt, and Nugent.

Definitely go defense rounds 1-5.
Reply/Quote