Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starters who are Weak Links
(12-29-2015, 12:21 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Some on this board thinks the O line is the best in the NFL, so why would they want to fix it since it is the best,  Hilarious ?  IMO the line has been a liability over the past umpteen years and something needs to change.  I am sick of never seeing the line play up or beyond their potential and also play better than a top tier D-line.  They play well against the bottom tier lines but are constantly out match on the top tier.  Contrary to Hobnob, the Rams and 49ers D-line are not top tier lines.  You all want to scream and blame the RB, QB or WR, but the true liability is the line.  The line is soft and has no fight!!

Piano Man must go....like ten years ago.

As to the OP, Russell Bodine is the biggest problem we have on Offense.  DreK is the biggest issue on D....although we need help at Backer too.  Then you have Nugent/Taint on teams....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:33 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I assume you are joking.

You really want him to end up murdering an opposing player on the field? Even worse...what if he snaps in the locker room and kills one of his teammates?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 12:21 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Some on this board thinks the O line is the best in the NFL, so why would they want to fix it since it is the best,  Hilarious ?  IMO the line has been a liability over the past umpteen years and something needs to change.  I am sick of never seeing the line play up or beyond their potential and also play better than a top tier D-line.  They play well against the bottom tier lines but are constantly out match on the top tier.  Contrary to Hobnob, the Rams and 49ers D-line are not top tier lines.  You all want to scream and blame the RB, QB or WR, but the true liability is the line.  The line is soft and has no fight!!

Oh I know!!!  If the line is so good, why can't they do it against the better D-lines?  Once again it comes down to coaching, but when the owner is satisfied with the results he is getting, we are stuck with what we have.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a liability with penalties, especially since he's got a reputation and anything he does will be magnified. Refs are looking for penalties against him.

Questioning his talent or leadership is stupid. I'll bet you every player on that roster will say he's one of the key figures and heart and soul of the defense. They didn't give him the reigns as defensive captain after 2 years in the league for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 12:29 PM)PApinhead Wrote: Oh I know!!!  If the line is so good, why can't they do it against the better D-lines?  Once again it comes down to coaching, but when the owner is satisfied with the results he is getting, we are stuck with what we have.

Overall ceiling of OL talent/play in today's game vs DL talent/play ceiling is quite large. Years ago the OL had the advantage but now with all the practice restrictions and the fact all the top end athletes are now growing up as rush players instead of middle linebackers or running backs.

We do have a good OL compared to the lines league wide. 10-20 years ago it would be different. But this is the new reality of the today's league.
Reply/Quote
Also, when you take D-lines line Cincinnati and Denver, it's impossible to expect them to hold up and protect all night. I thought both lines did quite a good job last night, in-comparison to what they were facing.

If the Bengals o-line effort would be like that against every team, it would be fine. You're facing the best d-line in the NFL, in a loud, road environment with high altitude and a backup QB. To say they lost the game is stupid.

Other small things like terrible use of timeouts, inability to down a single punt inside the 20 and lack of discipline/tackling was the downfall.
Reply/Quote
Exactly...
Reply/Quote
The weakness on the line is Bodine but I'm not sure you get rid of him now. Remember, Rich Braham wasn't a great Center when he started his career and he turned out to be a solid veteran for years. For all the love that Boling and Zeitler get, I just don't see it.
Reply/Quote
If they really want to move it to the next level. They would pursue Alex Mack in the off season.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 09:45 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Anyone of the core special teamers. Huber, Nugent... Tate. They all suck.

How can you say Huber sucks? He has benn great all year and is one of the best in the NFL at pinning teams deep.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If they really want to move it to the next level. They would pursue Alex Mack in the off season.

Should've pursued him when we were "saving money"...... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well the biggest issue we have is lack of athlecisim on defense especially at LB. Also the back up D line is not that good. Clarke, Hunt, and Thompson all have been major disappointments.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bodine would make a good backup but not a starter.
They could do better than Tate.
Time to move on from Andre Smith.
I am not a fan of Nugent.
Hill is a head case with inconsistencies in performance.

The team should trade for Mack. Draft high another CB and linebacker.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Mario Alford is the answer to Tate, but Marvin is too damn stupid to play him because he's a rookie.
Like Tate's still not making rookie mistakes in his 7th season. Bang Head

[Image: 7731519_G.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We're playing Tate over the fastest kid on the roster who is never active.

Good one Marvin Facepalm

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 02:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If they really want to move it to the next level. They would pursue Alex Mack in the off season.

If they can get their guys resigned and get him. That would be great.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:17 PM)Rattler Wrote: We're playing Tate over the fastest kid on the roster who is never active.  

Good one Marvin  Facepalm

They trust tate to not muff the punts. They have pacman for returns. And I thought I saw where Alford had never returned punts before?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They trust tate to not muff the punts.   They have pacman for returns.  And I thought I saw where Alford had never returned punts before?Actually - world class speed.

Actually he did and with world class speed and we can't afford to lose Pacman to a special teams injury because our
secondary is depleted - it's Marvin doesn't play rookies syndrome with is moronic - you play whatever helps you win games!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:45 PM)Rattler Wrote: Actually he did and with world class speed and we can't afford to lose Pacman to a special teams injury because our
secondary is depleted - it's Marvin doesn't play rookies syndrome with is moronic - you play whatever helps you win games!

I'm no Tate fan. I'm ok with Alford. I was just stating why they use him.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I'm no Tate fan.  I'm ok with Alford.   I was just stating why they use him.

This is why.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]
Reply/Quote