Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to think the NFL is rigged
(11-01-2021, 09:33 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you want to say the refs are biased, either against the Bengals or for the home team, I could get behind that to some degree. I think refs have too much power over the outcome of a game and I think penalties should be reviewable by an outside, unbiased team of officials if the situation is considered crucial to the outcome of the game. I also think penalties in general should be challenge-able.

But thinking the Bengals defense would give the game away intentionally? Come on now. These players are playing for their salaries that they aren't guaranteed more than the next snap, with their career potentially ending at any given time. They aren't blowing their payday so that some nebulous force can keep the Bengals out of the #1 spot in the AFC...

Ehh..anything that's scripted in the entertainment realm can be subject to cried of rigging, but think of it this way..The NFL itself argued in court and won that they can script games and it is nothing more than entertainment. With potentially billions of dollars riding on any given game it's not much of a stretch to think players are paid to follow orders the same way actors are paid to follow scripts.
I'm unsure to what extent I believe it in every game, but i damned sure do believe it when it comes to playoffs and superbowls..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As I've said previously, this defense is a little gassed. Coaching and Scheme did not just change for this game. Lou didn't all of a sudden go from coaching the #5 defense to being an idiot like some are suggesting. Coming off a game at Baltimore where emotions were high, the Ravens possessed the ball for 40.31 and our offense had it for 19.29. The offense either went off the field with a punt, or they scored quickly. There were very few sustained drives that gave the D time to rest. You could see it by the end of the game. And, in this game you could tell that they were not playing with their hair on fire like they usually do. This was the 3rd road game in a row. This bye coming up could not come at a better time. This is the NFL. Every year, multiple teams get knocked off by teams they should beat. There is no reason for all the CryCryCry going on. We're still 5-3 with Cleveland coming into the Paul. Geeze, the meltdowns are ridiculous. After all, a whole lot of this board predicted less than 5 wins, right? So everything else should be gravy. I have no doubt they will bounce right back and we only have 3 road games left. Burrow and company put up 31 points yesterday, that should be enough to win an NFL game. As long as they keep doing that, this defense will rebound and we will rack up more wins.
Reply/Quote
Not to mention it WAS the Jets who threw a young sacrifice virgin into the volcano on the Canary Islands. After all, Mike Brown would NEVER pay for the plane ride that far.. Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The game plans on both sides of the ball were completely wrong, Racer.  Good teams take care of business and win games they should.  This was bad coaching.

Sorry, but the players were flat and intermittently turned it on, but the effort and execution wasn't consistently there.

The inability to punch it in twice from inside the 2 yard line followed by the star WR dropping a TD pass is not coaching or game plan.

The constant missed tackles and guys getting extra yards up the sideline because defenders got lazy in pursuit isn't a coaching problem.

There's coaching issues you can look at, but this was primarily on the players falling for the classic trap game.
Reply/Quote
I rewatched the game. No one on defense accounted for the RB coming out of the backfield a HUGE majority of the time.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 02:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: There's no other way to explain the loss to the Jets. You mean to tell me this defense that has played fantastic all season all of the sudden forgot how to play? It's like it was scripted for the Bengals to lose so they wouldn't be the number 1 seed in the AFC anymore, also that helmet to helmet hit penalty was garbage

C'mon man! If games were rigged, do you seriously think players/coaches would keep quiet about it? If they threatened them with job loss, you don't think somebody would have leaked such a story? And I guarantee you if any game were rigged, bookies would find out, and there would a shit-ton of money bet on the game.
Reply/Quote
It's actually my fault, I had company and did not follow the Skyline/LaRosas pre-game ritual that has been working all season.
Reply/Quote
There is to much money being bet on the NFL to think that outside forces do not effect the outcome of games.
Do I think that the whole defense was involved? Not likely.
Official are the easiest people to influence, but at the time of bullshit personal foul, the Jets were going to cover the spread, which was 11.5 at kickoff.
Teams that go on the road NEVER win three straight games. The Bengals are the only team this year that had that task.
The Jets strength, was the Bengals biggest weakness, interior OL vs. interior DL.
The Bengals getting no pressure on a scrub QB, and refusing to blitz,
The Dork got out-coached, and the players got outplayed..
Reply/Quote
I think I saw somewhere that the guy who threw that flag, Tripp Sutter, the Jets are 3-0 when he’s officiated their games. There were far more terrible calls that went uncalled all game long. Lots and lots of holding and pass interference on Jets secondary all game long and I think they were called once when Chase was nearly tackled. Most of the flags thrown on the Jets were in circumstances where the outcome of the play dictated that the flag would be declined and this gave the viewer the impression flags were flying both ways. I also read elsewhere that Tripp Sutter was already reaching for the flag prior to contact being made on the receiver, but have not been able to verify whether this is true or not.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's actually my fault, I had company and did not follow the Skyline/LaRosas pre-game ritual that has been working all season.

Did you learn your lesson? 

Smack
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Everyone loves to boot lick for the NFL

A business that in court documents, said it’s entertainment, and not competition
Reply/Quote
I saw a bad call. Refs weren’t a factor before that play. If the game was rigged, like i believe some of our games VS Pittsburg we’re in 2015 then the refs would’ve had more instances of favoritism. Also, the NFL was set to be better off if we won because of all the meat riding the media was doing .

Our young guys have to realize that the media can’t dictate who you play hard against. We just didn’t have the energy we had against Baltimore. Baltimore was our super bowl. It’s up to the coaches to have short memory and curtail these emotions during the week
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:53 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: I think I saw somewhere that the guy who threw that flag, Tripp Sutter, the Jets are 3-0 when he’s officiated their games.  There were far more terrible calls that went uncalled all game long.  Lots and lots of holding and pass interference on Jets secondary all game long and I think they were called once when Chase was nearly tackled.  Most of the flags thrown on the Jets were in circumstances where the outcome of the play dictated that the flag would be declined and this gave the viewer the impression flags were flying both ways.  I also read elsewhere that Tripp Sutter was already reaching for the flag prior to contact being made on the receiver, but have not been able to verify whether this is true or not.

Yes the Jets are 3-0 in games he refs.  Their winning percentage over that period when he doesn’t ref their games is 32%.  The Bengals are 0-4 in games he refs.  Based on this link.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/Trip0r.htm
Reply/Quote
"The defense threw the game on purpose" is moronic, and the conversation even existing makes this forum look bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:12 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Yes the Jets are 3-0 in games he refs.  Their winning percentage over that period when he doesn’t ref their games is 32%.  The Bengals are 0-4 in games he refs.  Based on this link.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/Trip0r.htm

Things that make you go hmmmm…
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's actually my fault, I had company and did not follow the Skyline/LaRosas pre-game ritual that has been working all season.

Dude!!

You frickin' better load up this Sunday or I'm driving down to wherever you live and SHOVING SKYLINE INTO YOUR FACE!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dude!!

You frickin' better load up this Sunday or I'm driving down to wherever you live and SHOVING SKYLINE INTO YOUR FACE!!!

I was kinda joking when I originally posted this crap, but it's holding true. 0-3 when I haven't had Skyline or LaRosas before the game, and 5-0 when I have. And people wonder where superstitions come from. Trust me, it won't happen again.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 04:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was kinda joking when I originally posted this crap, but it's holding true. 0-3 when I haven't had Skyline or LaRosas before the game, and 5-0 when I have. And people wonder where superstitions come from. Trust me, it won't happen again.

Good.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Some of you people need to take a couple plays off. NFL is rigged...jeesh.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 11:37 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Everyone loves to boot lick for the NFL

A business that in court documents, said it’s entertainment, and not competition

You have verifiable links for that claim?
Reply/Quote