Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Starting to think the NFL is rigged
(11-01-2021, 06:57 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, were the calls rigged or was the defense paid off to throw the game?

The defense was rigged to pay off the refs because Jimmy Hoffa put a shit-ton of money on the Jets this game and he's got a "hell of a mortgage". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Coaching was bad, execution was worse.  You wouldn't only think the teams records were reversed but that this was last year's defense and that was Tom F'n Brady.  God damn it makes me mad.  

So, what you are saying is after holding every team (and some damn good ones) to 22 points or less in regulation, Lou suddenly forgot how to scheme for a short-pass offense?  And every dumbass on the defense thought it was two hand touch?  Oh, and for good measure, we decided to waste at least four plays (which you can't do when your defense is stinking up the joint) by running in to a eight man box...the strength of their defense?  

It is just weird.  Hope we see a VERY different team against the Browns of this season will be over quickly.  

You've been listening to Lapham too much. Vikings scored 24 in the opener.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 09:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: Is the league rigged? Rodger Goodell admitted it on camera so there isn't really any debate about that except for those still in denial that he ever admitted it.. He compared the NFL to WWE..It's just entertainment which is 100% truth. When teams win or lose, it doesn't matter..Nobody will come to your house at midnight to evict you and leave you penniless. Nobody gets locked up to rot in penal colonies their entire lives on NFL games.. You gain exactly the same thing if you root for teams that win constantly as you get rooting for teams that lose every game....nothing. You might get a thrill when they win or disappointed when they lose.. So what? Go to Kings Island..Ride the rides. Some are boring and disappointing, some are thrilling. Either way you pay the same to get in because it's ENTERTAINMENT ..nothing more, nothing less.

I think this entire post was created just so you could type "penal".  Nervous

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:34 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: C'mon man! If games were rigged, do you seriously think players/coaches would keep quiet about it? If they threatened them with job loss, you don't think somebody would have leaked such a story? And I guarantee you if any game were rigged, bookies would find out, and there would a shit-ton of money bet on the game.

Sorry, you're not allowed to use facts and reason when tin foil hat wearing conspiracy goofballs are goofballing. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:57 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: lol…y’all are wild.

It’s a big rigged conspiracy featuring thousands of willing participants that have all magically kept their mouth perfectly shut about it for decades. Because the Bengals lost to the Jets.

Explain the "Patriots" winning the SB after 9/11. The Saints winning the SB after Katrina, The Broncos winning the SB when Peyton said he was retiring, the Ravens winning the SB when Ray Lewis said he was retiring....I'm taking a wild guess that the Packers will win the SB this season with it being Rodgers last year in GB..
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 02:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Explain the "Patriots" winning the SB after 9/11. The Saints winning the SB after Katrina, The Broncos winning the SB when Peyton said he was retiring, the Ravens winning the SB when Ray Lewis said he was retiring....I'm taking a wild guess that the Packers will win the SB this season with it being Rodgers last year in GB..

Sure, I can explain that.

All of those teams were really good.

The end.

“The NFL is rigged” is not a conversation for adults.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 02:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Explain the "Patriots" winning the SB after 9/11. The Saints winning the SB after Katrina, The Broncos winning the SB when Peyton said he was retiring, the Ravens winning the SB when Ray Lewis said he was retiring....I'm taking a wild guess that the Packers will win the SB this season with it being Rodgers last year in GB..

Patriots--9/11 happened in New York. Better story would have been the New York Jets winning the SB. They finished 10-6, lost in the playoffs and beat the Patriots earlier in the year. 

Saints won the SB 4 years after Katrina.

Broncos had the #1 defense in the NFL and were considered on par with the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens and '02 Buccaneers. If they wanted it to be for Manning, why did he suck so hard?

Ravens--Flacco had a ridiculous playoff run. 11 TDs to 0 Ints. Had nothing to do with Lewis. He missed most of the season with an injury.

Reply/Quote
If the NFL was rigged the major media markets would be dominate, Chicago, LA and New York. None of those cities have a dominate team across the past decade. The Rams look great now I know.

But look at a team in our own division that was always in the playoffs in shitsburgh. Do you really think in the NFL was rigged that is the city they'd want as a flag ship city?

Same can be said about Green Bay. Literally a tiny little place but not a place that would be a top tier market if they could pick. The Giants, Jets, Chargers, Bears, Rams Cowboys and Dolphins would be darlings if the league could pick.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You've been listening to Lapham too much. Vikings scored 24 in the opener.  Cool

In regulation?
Reply/Quote
While I wouldn't call the NFL rigged per se, it would not surprise me in the least to find out referees are told to call certain games certain ways to give an advantage to certain teams. Elsewise, why are some games called so closely they seem to be a flag show, while in other games they "let them play" Why are some teams allowed to hold all day without penalty (looking at you shitsburgh) After all, it's one rule book, right? It's be pretty easy for the league office to call down to the refs getting ready to start a game and say "call it close" or "let them play" or watch out for certain things from certain teams, while maintaining their innocence in trying to rig games. It would not be as hard as people think, no one has to be in on it except for the league office and the officials, who I am sure sign non-disclosure agreements when they come into the league.
Reply/Quote
And then there's this.....

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:06 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Mike Brown won’t own forever.  

Goodell is a solid guy.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/10/26/roger-goodell-nfl-protecting-women-washington-football-team-investigation-emails/8560711002/

What if the NFL has it out for the whole Brown/Blackburn clan?  Years from now they'll still be sticking it to owner Elizabeth.  There is no hope  Cry

(11-02-2021, 02:54 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Sure, I can explain that.

All of those teams were really good.

The end.

“The NFL is rigged” is not a conversation for adults.

No, no it isn't, and this adult has had enough.  Good luck to you and rfaulk battling this lunacy.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 02:38 AM)Trademark Wrote: Explain the "Patriots" winning the SB after 9/11.

Well this certainly proves the NFL is rigged.  There is clearly no way the Patriots could ever win a Super Bowl without the league putting in the fix, right?

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 03:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Patriots--9/11 happened in New York. Better story would have been the New JERSEY Jets winning the SB. They finished 10-6, lost in the playoffs and beat the Patriots earlier in the year. 

Ravens--Flacco had a ridiculous playoff run. 11 TDs to 0 Ints. Had nothing to do with Lewis. He missed most of the season with an injury.

Fixed it for you. Buffalo would have won if they wanted the only New York team to win it.   Ninja

Flacco had a ridiculous playoff run because Anquan Boldin decided he was a grown man and he wanted to win more than anyone else on the field. Flacco's best pass then was just throwing up 50/50 jump balls that Boldin just turned into 100/0 balls. It was insane. 22/380/4 in the 2012 playoffs.

I have been a big Boldin fan ever since he played with a broken face.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think it is rigged, but there have been some fishy calls throughout the years (as we know). This could either mean that things may be a bit stacked in favour of specific teams (which should have the officials weeded out and removed) or the officials are simply incompetent (which should have the officials removed lol).

Not sure if it has been mentioned in the thread, but many on Twitter have posted that the LJ that threw the flag, when he is an official in the Jets games the past 2 seasons, they are 3-0. When he isn't, the Jets are 1-19.

Absolutely not saying it's rigged because of that record, but it makes you think...

EDIT*: yes, this was brought up.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm still, all these years later, waiting on someone to explain to me how one team (who has a significant Nationwide following) has an assistant coach come onto the field and start shit in their opponents huddle during a playoff game, and the other team gets flagged for responding to it. I mean, WTF? If there was never anything else to make me think the NFL wants certain teams with large draws in the playoffs, this one would still make me wonder.
Reply/Quote
This was definitely Lou, right?

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 09:23 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: What if the NFL has it out for the whole Brown/Blackburn clan?  Years from now they'll still be sticking it to owner Elizabeth.  There is no hope  Cry

No, no it isn't, and this adult has had enough.  Good luck to you and rfaulk battling this lunacy.  

That is what they said about the NBA as well.  Sure it was just one”rogue” official.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:46 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The game plans on both sides of the ball were completely wrong, Racer.  Good teams take care of business and win games they should.  This was bad coaching.

You don't coach people to miss that many tackles and drop wide open TDs Fan....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It's actually my fault, I had company and did not follow the Skyline/LaRosas pre-game ritual that has been working all season.

Damn you!!!!!!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote