Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Union
1) I wonder if any Republicans will shout "LIAR!" during the speech this time?   Smirk

2) Here's the guest list:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/01/29/president-trumps-first-state-union-whos-guest-list/1075423001/

Quote:The White House announced Monday the people who will sit with first lady Melania Trump as the president makes his speech. The guests include: 
  • Corey Adams, a welder from Dayton, Ohio, who plans to use the money from his tax cuts for his daughters' education savings
  • Elizabeth Alvarado and Robert Mickens, Evelyn Rodriguez and Freddy Cuevas, two couples whose children were killed by MS-13 gang members
  • Marine Cpl. Matthew Bradford, who stepped on an IUD while serving in Iraq and became the first blind, double amputee to re-enlist in the Marines
  • Jon Bridgers, who founded the Cajun Navy, a group that responds to hurricanes and flooding in the South
  • Dave Dahlberg, the fire technician who saved dozens of people  during a wildfire in California
  • Ryan Holets, a police officer in Albuquerque, N.M., who adopted a baby whose parents suffered from opioid addiction
  • Ashlee Leppert, who served in the Coast Guard and saved dozens of people during the hurricane season
  • Agent CJ Martinez, who works for United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement, whose investigations have led to the arrest of more than 100 MS-13 gang members
  • Army Staff Sgt. Justin Peck, who saved the life of a team member after an IED went off
  • Preston Sharp, who has organized the placement of more than 40,000 flags and red carnations on soldiers' graves
  • Steve Staub and Sandy Keplinger, siblings whose manufacturing company saw an uptick in sales and employment during Trump's first year in office, and who were able to give their employees larger Christmas bonuses following the tax overhaul.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
GMDino did NOT make the list?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(01-29-2018, 06:42 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: GMDino did NOT make the list?

I also did not win a Fake News Award.

As the Bengals say "There is always next year."   Smirk
(01-29-2018, 06:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: 1) I wonder if any Republicans will shout "LIAR!" during the speech this time?   Smirk

2) Here's the guest list:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/01/29/president-trumps-first-state-union-whos-guest-list/1075423001/

There isn’t one democrat or republican with the balls to call him a liar. They all have seen what he did to every other GOP candidate and Clinton. Not to mention how he has made Pocahantas nothing more than a punchline. They know if they yell that they will be treated like a chump. Whereas obama just say there and took it like a chump.
Looking forward to it.

Who knows maybe they'll play a couple music videos, because the Grammys seemed like a good place to talk politics.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-29-2018, 07:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There isn’t one democrat or republican with the balls to call him a liar.  They all have seen what he did to every other GOP candidate and Clinton.  Not to mention how he has made Pocahantas nothing more than a punchline.  They know if they yell that they will be treated like a chump.   Whereas obama just say there and took it like a chump.

So they're afraid to tell the truth because they know Trump is an uncivilized savage and will attack them.

Whereas Obama was a gentleman and allowed them to make fools of themselves.

Got it.
(01-29-2018, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows maybe they'll play a couple music videos, because the Grammys seemed like a good place to talk politics.

Like anyone who watched cared.  Snowflakes are just complaining because they talked about Trump.

Even Trump didn't tweet about it.

I'll have to see if Fox and Friends talked about it at all.
(01-29-2018, 07:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There isn’t one democrat or republican with the balls to call him a liar.  They all have seen what he did to every other GOP candidate and Clinton.  Not to mention how he has made Pocahantas nothing more than a punchline.  They know if they yell that they will be treated like a chump.   Whereas obama just say there and took it like a chump.

One of the worst displays I've seen in a State of the Union Address is when The GOP took back the majority in the house and Obama had no words of congratulations, just a "well I won".

It differed totally from when the Dems to the house during Bush Jrs' Presidency and he said "It is with great joy that I say Welcome Madame Speaker" to introduce Pelosi.

Folks need not get it twisted: Obama was as narcissistic as Trump, he was just more PC about it. 

(01-29-2018, 07:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Like anyone who watched cared.  Snowflakes are just complaining because they talked about Trump.

Even Trump didn't tweet about it.

I'll have to see if Fox and Friends talked about it at all.

Or maybe folks just think that a music awards show is no place for political opinion.......

but you're probably right with that insightful snowflake remark. 

(01-29-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the worst displays I've seen in a State of the Union Address is when The GOP took back the majority in the house and Obama had no words of congratulations, just a "well I won".

It differed totally from when the Dems to the house during Bush Jrs' Presidency and he said "It is with great joy that I say Welcome Madame Speaker" to introduce Pelosi.

Folks need not get it twisted: Obama was as narcissistic as Trump, he was just more PC about it. 

Oh we were told by our friends on the right for eight years about how Obama had this YUGE, excuse me, HUGE ego!   Hilarious 

But if you believe what you wrote after just this small amount of time with Trump, there is no hope for you ever being unbiased.
(01-29-2018, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or maybe folks just think that a music awards show is no place for political opinion.......

but you're probably right with that insightful snowflake remark. 

Why?  Can they not state their opinions on their own show?

Only snowflakes complain about other people stating an opposing point of view.
(01-29-2018, 07:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh we were told by our friends on the right for eight years about how Obama had this YUGE, excuse me, HUGE ego!   Hilarious 

But if you believe what you wrote after just this small amount of time with Trump, there is no hope for you ever being unbiased.

Well as long as you are the one determining bias, then I have no problem being considered as such. 

I predict liberals will be butthurt and that conservatives will be rock hard.

I also predict that liberals will be even more butthurt because conservatives get rock hard, and conservatives get even more rock hard at the liberal’s butthurt level.

We’ll get “snowflake” comments, “triggered” comments, and more!!!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(01-29-2018, 07:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well as long as you are the one determining bias, then I have no problem being considered as such. 

Yes!  'Tis *I* The Determiner! 

Detecting truth and making judgement!

Defender of most...enemy to some!

Cool
(01-29-2018, 08:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I predict liberals will be butthurt and that conservatives will be rock hard.

I also predict that liberals will be even more butthurt because conservatives get rock hard, and conservatives get even more rock hard at the liberal’s butthurt level.

We’ll get “snowflake” comments, “triggered” comments, and more!!!

Well, actual conservatives will cringe at it. Trump apologists will sit silently or applaud at the appropriate times. Trump supporters will get rock hard. There is a difference between these things.

As for the speech itself, eh, I haven't cared about any of them in the past, I won't care about this one.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Didn't you read Macbeth in high school?
(01-29-2018, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Well, actual conservatives will cringe at it. Trump apologists will sit silently or applaud at the appropriate times. Trump supporters will get rock hard. There is a difference between these things.

As for the speech itself, eh, I haven't cared about any of them in the past, I won't care about this one.

There's also a difference between your opinion of Trump Supporter and mine, but who knows who is right in their view.

I am a Trump Supporter because he was the duly elected President by the citizens of the US and thus I support him. I take issue with the caricature that many try to paint a "Trump Supporter".

I will listen to the entire SOU, support the POTUS, and doubt I will get "rock hard" unless FLOTUS shows up naked.    

Liberals like to talk about bias, here's some bias of their very own..

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10442

Watch the video, as "brilliant" NYU students are asked what they thought of Trump's SOTU speech, before it has even happened. Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(01-29-2018, 11:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Liberals like to talk about bias, here's some bias of their very own..

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10442

Watch the video, as "brilliant" NYU students are asked what they thought of Trump's SOTU speech, before it has even happened.  Hilarious

This is an issue to be sure. Many folks formed an opinion about 2 years ago and have not been swayed in the least regardless what reality points to. The guy just proposed a plan that would lead to 1.8 mil illegal immigrants earning citizenship and that does not matter. All that matters is that Pelosi said Trump just wants to Make America White Again. 

To actually look at and interpret what is going on requires too much effort.