Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statistics On Numbers of Cops Killed?
Does anyone have any statistics about the number of cops that are killed by black people versus the number of cops killed by white people?

I tried looking it up myself but couldn't find anything.
Oy vey
You could also find the number of black people killed by cops and white people killed by cops.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-27-2017, 01:22 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Oy vey

What's so wrong about that?

Just wondering if there's any correlation between cops who are killed by cops and by blacks since there's been so much outcry about cops killing blacks.

Typical of a Steelers fan to not want to look at both sides of a discussion.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka

It was the third thing on google when I typed in "statistics on officers killed"

The latest data is from 2015. 41 officers killed. 17 of the assailants were black, 16 were white, 1 was American Indian, and the other 3 were not listed.

In 2014, there were 51 cops killed. 59 people were arrested in connection to those killings. 42 were white and 13 were black.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
2013: 15 white, 11 black
2012: 30 white, 16 black
2011: 43 white, 29 black.

So in a 5 years period, 145 white people killed cops and 86 black people killed cops of 239 cops killed. 61% killed by white people, 36% killed by black people.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-27-2017, 08:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 2013: 15 white, 11 black
2012: 30 white, 16 black
2011: 43 white, 29 black.

So in a 5 years period, 145 white people killed cops and 86 black people killed cops of 239 cops killed. 61% killed by white people, 36% killed by black people.

For context, and keeping in mind that in the government's category, Hispanics are white.

Population (roughly):
Caucasian(+Hispanic) 80%
African American 12.8%
Asian 4.4%
Native American/Inuit 1%
Hawaiian/Pacific Islander 0.2%
2+ Races 1.6%

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The thing I found interesting on there is...
In 2015, of the 41 officers killed, only 6 managed to fire their weapon.
In 2014, of the 51 officers killed, only 5 managed to fire their weapon.

The vast majority of the ones who die either never get a shot off in defense, or chose to try and solve it peacefully and died.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-27-2017, 10:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For context, and keeping in mind that in the government's category, Hispanics are white.

Population (roughly):
Caucasian(+Hispanic) 80%
African American 12.8%
Asian 4.4%
Native American/Inuit 1%
2+ Races 1.6%

The vast majority of the ones who die either never get a shot off in defense, or chose to try and solve it peacefully and died.

I'd think some of that was the circumstances:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2015/tables/table_23_leos_fk_circumstance_at_scene_of_incident_2006-2015.xls

Quote:Circumstances (See Table 23.)
  • 8 officers died as a result of investigating suspicious persons or circumstances. 
  • 7 officers were killed as a result of tactical situations (barricaded offender, hostage taking, high-risk entry, etc.). 
  • 6 officers were fatally injured during traffic pursuits or stops. 
  • 5 officers died as a result of arrest situations. 
  • 4 officers were killed in ambush situations. 
  • 3 officers who died had responded to disturbance calls. 
  • 3 officers were killed in unprovoked attacks. 
  • 2 officers were fatally injured while handling, transporting, or maintaining custody of prisoners. 
  • 2 officers were handling persons with mental illness. 
  • 1 officer was conducting an investigative activity (surveillance, search, interview, etc.). 

Zero were killed during Civil disorder (mass disobedience, riot, etc.)

That's just 2015.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-27-2017, 11:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Zero were killed during Civil disorder (mass disobedience, riot, etc.)

That's just 2015.

I have no idea what they'll call the Dallas Shooting. It's part ambush, part civil disorder.

But either way, no, those normally just results in injuries. Like the officer in Minnesota who got their spine fractured by a concrete slab being dropped on them by BLM rioters. The riot armor is what has kept that number at 0 from '06-'15. 21 officers were injured from that riot alone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(09-27-2017, 10:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For context, and keeping in mind that in the government's category, Hispanics are white.

Population (roughly):
Caucasian(+Hispanic) 80%
African American 12.8%
Asian 4.4%
Native American/Inuit 1%
2+ Races 1.6%

For context, you'd have to look at where those killings occurred and population.

A non-reliable looking web site had officer murder rates for several states over a 5-year period (2012-2008). Georgia was the highest with 38 per 50,000. If that's correct, look at Georgia's population, it's 55% white, 30 % black. Those numbers get closer the more urban you get.

I see people toss out race proportions in regards to crime a lot, but it doesn't always tell the most accurate story. Urban populations tend to have more minorities, more violence in general. But I'd be interested if the violence is more likely in places with higher populations, or lower ones.
This thread is giving me such a severe case of deja vu.

And diarrhea.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-27-2017, 04:03 PM)Benton Wrote: For context, you'd have to look at where those killings occurred and population.

A non-reliable looking web site had officer murder rates for several states over a 5-year period (2012-2008). Georgia was the highest with 38 per 50,000. If that's correct, look at Georgia's population, it's 55% white, 30 % black. Those numbers get closer the more urban you get.

I see people toss out race proportions in regards to crime a lot, but it doesn't always tell the most accurate story. Urban populations tend to have more minorities, more violence in general. But I'd be interested if the violence is more likely in places with higher populations, or lower ones.

I dont think population size matters as much as poverty, unemployment, less educated, and illegal drugs in an area. But obviously the more populated an area with those issues going on, then violent crimes will definitely go up.

Its like here in Cincy there are areas that have much higher rates of crime and violence as opposed to other areas with similar populations.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V