Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Statue of Satan Unveiled
http://news.yahoo.com/satanic-temple-holds-public-sculpture-unveiling-detroit-173259288.html

Quote:A Satanic organization unveiled a controversial bronze Baphomet sculpture in Detroit just before midnight on Saturday, after trying in vain to have it installed near a 10 Commandments monument in Oklahoma.

Due to planned demonstrations, the group, which is opposed to Bible-themed displays on government land, kept the location of the unveiling of its 9-foot-tall monument secret until the last moment, when it emailed the information to ticket holders.

The Satanic Temple unveiled the one-ton statue at an industrial building near the Detroit River just before 11:30 p.m. local time as supporters cheered, "Hail Satan." Some of the hundreds in attendance rushed to pose for photos.

Against Bible-themed displays; so they display a statue of Satan.

I wonder if they realize where the acknowledgement of Satan comes from.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I think they are fully aware and just want to display their religion openly as others.
(07-26-2015, 05:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think they are fully aware and just want to display their religion openly as others.

Yes and Satan; therefore, their religion, is based on the Bible. 

God couldn't save Detroit...he was too weak. Maybe baphomet can do some good.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-26-2015, 05:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think they are fully aware and just want to display their religion openly as others.

I think more people affiliated with the satanic church are happy due to how pissed off this is making Christians than having their dieties represented.

Petty, yet effective.

The real winners in this are the non-religious. We'll get to see a bunch of bs religions try to get their equality until religious statues are banned from state government grounds, as they should be.
LFG  

(07-26-2015, 05:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes and Satan; therefore, their religion, is based on the Bible. 

Well, they don't actually believe in the Satan from the Bible.  They're actually humanists.  These are the tenets of The Satanic Temple (the organization responsible for the statue).  None of them actually involve any type of worship:

Quote:
  • One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
  • The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
  • One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
  • The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
  • Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
  • People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
  • Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

The majority of 'Satan Worshipers' don't actually worship anything, in a religious sense.
(07-26-2015, 05:31 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I think more people affiliated with the satanic church are happy due to how pissed off this is making Christians than having their dieties represented.

Petty, yet effective.

The real winners in this are the non-religious.  We'll get to see a bunch of bs religions try to get their equality until religious statues are banned from state government grounds, as they should be.

I agree. Although you gotta admit...that statue has some style 
(07-26-2015, 05:36 PM)Donnyho Wrote: Well, they don't actually believe in the Satan from the Bible.  

What Satan do they believe in?

(07-26-2015, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What Satan do they believe in?

It's more of a philosophy and to mock Christians. There are satanists out there who actually believe in a devil and do the whole worship thing. However, the Anton LeVey satanists are actually  atheists.
(07-26-2015, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What Satan do they believe in?

No Satan, I suppose. They believe in science, compassion, wisdom, and justice.  It was all kind of spelled out in tenets I posted. All the Satanic Mass stuff is a parody of other organized religious ceremonies.
(07-26-2015, 05:43 PM)Donnyho Wrote: No Satan, I suppose. They believe in science, compassion, wisdom, and justice.  It was all kind of spelled out in tenets I posted. All the Satanic Mass stuff is a parody of other organized religious ceremonies.

Well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Satanists do not believe in Satan. Who woulda guessed?

They believe in compassion yet they make fun of organized religious ceremonies. Makes sense. 

(07-26-2015, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Satanists do not believe in Satan. Who woulda guessed?

They believe in compassion yet they make fun of organized religious ceremonies. Makes sense. 

Yeah, that's pretty much it.
(07-26-2015, 05:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I agree. Although you gotta admit...that statue has some style 

It's a cool looking statue.  If I had to pick a religious statue to have in my front yard and the choices were this and a statue of the ten commandments, I'd be rocking some baphomet right between the windows.  I doubt the neighbors would be pleased.
LFG  

(07-26-2015, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, I guess you learn something new everyday. Satanists do not believe in Satan. Who woulda guessed?

Only fair since most "Christians" don't actually follow the teachings of Christ.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

There are different types of Satanists. The one most people think of, LaVey Satanism, is essentially ritualistic atheism. Having been in the Neo-Pagan community since my early teenage years I dealt with them on a regular basis. They often talk about compassion and what not, and many of those involved are, outside of the group dynamic. When they get together it's...interesting. The entire religion, no matter what they say, is based upon mockery of religion. This is why they they use inverted pentagrams and crosses for their symbols, do a "black mass", and use the name of Satan. It's a mockery.

The other reason for the inverted pentagram is because in the earth-based religions the top point is spirit, representing the divine, the gods, whatever you want to call it. By inverting the pentagram it puts spirit, the divine, in the low point, not at the top. The pentagram was also used by Christians in the early days representing the 5 wounds of Christ. So turning it on its head is similar to turning the cross as well.

I know I get snarky at times, and I can come across as a bit arrogant and what not. So when I say I find these guys to be arrogant, self serving, jackasses, I mean it.
(07-26-2015, 05:28 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: God couldn't save Detroit...he was too weak.  Maybe baphomet can do some good.

God had nothing to do with democrat leadership in that city. Democrats have made sure of that....
(07-26-2015, 07:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: God had nothing to do with democrat leadership in that city.   Democrats have made sure of that....

I thought that the Christian god was omnipotent.  Shouldn't he have been able to save those families that were destroyed by economic collapse and a society overrun with violent crime?
LFG  

(07-26-2015, 07:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I thought that the Christian god was omnipotent.  Shouldn't he have been able to save those families that were destroyed by economic collapse and a society overrun with violent crime?

Nope, Democrats killed god.  Also, I just saw a group of Whig's jump Buddha in an alley.
(07-26-2015, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Against Bible-themed displays...

...on government land.

Their original project of getting the statue next to the 10 Commandments in Oklahoma was a form of protest to show Christians that other religions get to display their religion on government land if Christians get to. I think they realize where Satan comes from...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]