Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers @ Bengals Predictions
Steelers 23 Bengals 9.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 03:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If this team were as good as you suggest and we are all idiots we would have not lost to the Browns 24-3, we likely would have firmly beaten the Rams by more than 3 at home, explain the butt whooping in Nashville from a very bad team?, the Seahawks game was not convincing, and the Texans hit us for almost 600 yards of offense with a rookie QB and half their team not playing.

Your only evidence of this squad being such a good team are the 49ers and Bills games.... the 2 games in which Burrow threw for 90% completion rate and 3 TDS vs the 49ers and 348 and 2 TDs against the Bills...... but we put him on a pedestal....

Suggesting that many of us dont want the team to win with anyone but Burrow is blatantly false.

Haha, not sure how you’re using losses that were largely the fault of an injured Burrow being on the field to signify his greatness. Against CLE he was 14/31 for a spectacular 82 yards. The Seahawks W was completely due to the defense. Burrow was 24/35 for 185 yds, 2 TDs and a pick… mediocre play at best. You’re right that he played wonderful against the 49ers and the Bills, but really that was nothing more than getting the job done on that side of the ball in response to the D getting it done on their end. Joe’s good but not irreplaceable, even though I wish he was.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 03:48 PM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: Haha, not sure how you’re using losses that were largely the fault of an injured Burrow being on the field to signify his greatness. Against CLE he was 14/31 for a spectacular 82 yards. The Seahawks W was completely due to the defense. Burrow was 24/35 for 185 yds, 2 TDs and a pick… mediocre play at best. You’re right that he played wonderful against the 49ers and the Bills, but really that was nothing more than getting the job done on that side of the ball in response to the D getting it done on their end. Joe’s good but not irreplaceable, even though I wish he was.

Bengals defense gave up 206 yards rushing vs the Browns.  We had 75 yards rushing.
Bengals defense gave up 173 yards rushing vs the Titans.  We had 72 yards rushing.
Bengals defense gave up 544 total yards vs the Texans.  We had 66 yards rushing.

The Bengals defense got the job done vs the 49ers only giving up 460 yards....?

Vs the Bills we got the job done with 54 yards rushing?

You have only enforced my take even more.  I hope we win out, but this narrative that we are a super solid team and anyone can step into play QB is a farce.  Your opinion simply reveals a total lack of understanding of our offensive scheme which depends up on WRs winning every play and Joe making the absolutely correct read and throwing perfect ball.  And the defense has been pathetically awful.

Keep your pom poms out all you want, but many of us being realistic are not being a bad fans.  This team has a lot to improve upon in order to win some games.

Reply/Quote
24 - 10... Bad guys
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not sure why I should care about this game or any others this season. I think management has given up on the season.
Hopefully, none of our guys get hurt unnecessarily as some of these guys are still playing for future contracts and will still be playing hard. I wouldn't want to be in their position. Others may just be going through the motions especially if they have guaranteed money left on their contract.

Browning is terrible but oh well, screw it.

Steelers 24
Bengals 3
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Only way the Bengals win is if the rest of the team shows up. They need to start running the ball with authority and often. The defense needs to step up and play NFL football and stop the run and play tighter coverage in secondary. Other than that, they will lose by 10 points.

Enough of putting the team on Burrow’s back without a line that can pass block. At this rate, he won’t make it to the end of his contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 04:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bengals defense gave up 206 yards rushing vs the Browns.  We had 75 yards rushing.
Bengals defense gave up 173 yards rushing vs the Titans.  We had 72 yards rushing.
Bengals defense gave up 544 total yards vs the Texans.  We had 66 yards rushing.

You have only enforced my take even more.  I hope we win out, but this narrative that we are a super solid team and anyone can step into play QB is a farce.  Your opinion simply reveals a total lack of understanding of our offensive scheme which depends up on WRs winning every play and Joe making the absolutely correct read and throwing perfect ball.  And the defense has been pathetically awful.

Keep your pom poms out all you want, but many of us being realistic are not being a bad fans.  This team has a lot to improve upon in order to win some games.

Hahahah, you’re clueless dude. Keep simping for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 02:16 PM)TJ528 Wrote: *****

I will be interested to see if Bengal fans sell their tickets to this game especially with it being right after the Thanksgiving holiday, and after losing Burrow, and seeing if there's more Steeler fans there than there has been in the last couple of years. 

This is what I am dreading: a stadium cheering the Steelers. I watched other Steelers away games this year, and it's extremely annoying to have the visiting fans dominating. Browning may end up dealing with crowd noise even for a home game.

I really want the Bengals to shut the Steelers fans up on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 06:39 PM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: Hahahah, you’re clueless dude. Keep simping for Burrow.

You are obviously not as intelligent as you think you are.  
You don't think Browning is a downgrade from Burrow.
You would rather have Jake than Purdy.
You do not think Burrow is obsessed with football.
You don't think Joe is calm or cool during his play.
You don't think Joe cares about winning as much as others.

These are all high levels of stupidity. 

I think Jake could possibly have a decent game this weekend, and the more snaps he gets the more experience he gets the more comfortable he will be. 

However, the more snaps = the more film defenses have.

You slamming Burrow here wont go over very well.  It is stupid and you come across as a major troll with your initial posts.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 07:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You are obviously not as intelligent as you think you are.  
You don't think Browning is a downgrade from Burrow.
You would rather have Jake than Purdy.
You do not think Burrow is obsessed with football.
You don't think Joe is calm or cool during his play.
You don't think Joe cares about winning as much as others.

These are all high levels of stupidity. 

I think Jake could possibly have a decent game this weekend, and the more snaps he gets the more experience he gets the more comfortable he will be. 

However, the more snaps = the more film defenses have.

You slamming Burrow here wont go over very well.  It is stupid and you come across as a major troll with your initial posts.

You’re a cretin dude. Even idiots are entitled to their own opinions, sadly your’s aren’t even original but that’s okay. Now go eat some combos, grab a couple of Mountain Dews and watch LockedOn Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I think we lose in a close one, but we very well could win this game more than the rest of the games on the schedule...

stoolers - 24
Bengals - 21
Reply/Quote
I’m giving the victory to the Bengals.

A moral one.

Steelers 21
Bengals - 17

I’ll be interested to see how or if they adjusted the playbook to win with Browning. Or will they keep him in empty etc. Have they given him the offense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
2-0 steelers
Reply/Quote
This isn’t my heart ruling my head I just think we are a better team than the steelers even without Joe.

I expect a heavy dose of Mixon and play action with more deep shots this week something tells me we have nothing to lose and Taylor will just say **** it and sling it.

Bengals 27 Steelers 17
Reply/Quote
Steelers fans show up at Paycor and drown out the Bengals cheers. Steelers 27 Bengals 7
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 09:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: I’m giving the victory to the Bengals.

A moral one.

Steelers 21
Bengals - 17

I’ll be interested to see how or if they adjusted the playbook to win with Browning. Or will they keep him in empty etc. Have they given him the offense.

I'd be very surprised if we go empty more than a few times.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 04:11 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bengals defense gave up 206 yards rushing vs the Browns.  We had 75 yards rushing.

I think it would be fair to say the team as a whole including offense were not performing at SB level this year , we had zero 400 yard passing games and only 2 game where we threw 3 tds even with less pressures and sacks from last couple year,  couple that with the defense struggles we were not playing at SB level but to say the team lacks the talent to be a contender with only Burrow is a bit of a unknown,  since if you look at post season  with Burrow of 9 tds and 260 ypg in 7 games was not that impressive so little doubt the defense carried us in games in post season also. Obviously we are in much better position with Burrow to make playoff runs but we also have shown we have talent around him and on defense that can win games also.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think it would be fair to say the team as a whole including offense were not performing at SB level this year , we had zero 400 yard passing games and only 2 game where we threw 3 tds even with less pressures and sacks from last couple year,  couple that with the defense struggles we were not playing at SB level but to say the team lacks the talent to be a contender with only Burrow is a bit of a unknown,  since if you look at post season  with Burrow of 9 tds and 260 ypg in 7 games was not that impressive so little doubt the defense carried us in games in post season also. Obviously we are in much better position with Burrow to make playoff runs but we also have shown we have talent around him and on defense that can win games also.

I never said the team lacks talent, that is you making things up.  Of course you agree with another Burrow basher.

You have zero evidence the defense can win games without Burrow.  The post season, the last 2 years, Burrow made incredible plays and throws in key situations which helped us win games.  The defense did their part but it took all 3 phases.

If you think this year's defense is anywhere near comparable to last year's defense you are incredibly mistaken.  We didnt give up a TD in the second half for the first 7 weeks last season.  This defense ranks at the bottom in multiple categories. 

We have the Steelers twice and the Browns once, both with excellent defenses and very good rush offenses.
The Colts have a solid rush attack and beat the Ravens in Baltimore and had Cleveland beat without back-to-back bad calls.
Jags have a solid defense and good QB.
KC with a great defense and Mahomes.

These are difficult games for a team that cannot stop the run, cannot run the ball, and have a QB with only one real relief appearance.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 06:39 PM)WestieInDelhi Wrote: Hahahah, you’re clueless dude. Keep simping for Burrow.

I thought the point was legit in that this team has holes. It was a fight for wins WITH Burrow this season. More so than the last two given the defense and the offense scheme unable to adjust to injury issues. We all know how much of this team and coaching staff leans on Burrow. That’s a lot on a qbs shoulder. Maybe too much I’d think for a backup qb with not much starting experience to step in and carry. 

And it is week 11 which doesn’t help. These season ending injuries to qbs are best at the start of the season. Give the backup time to adjust by week 7. By the time the offense starts clicking enough with Browning to carry the defense to a win it’ll be week 17…… 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Weather projections are chilly and rainy all afternoon. This will be an ugly slog fest with both teams trying to run and short passes with few down field throws. A good AFC North smash mouth game for our young guys to learn from. Refs are known to throw a lot of holding flags, but expect these to tilt towards Bengals as everyone knows Tomlin’s boys never hold or play dirty.

Someone’s takes on Browning being a golden boy while dissing Burrow and calling long time Bengals fans idiots, fools and cretins are worthy of the ban hammer imho.

All that said, I still refuse to abandon my orange and black glasses. Bengals win with a walk off field goal or TD 13 - 10.
Reply/Quote