Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Steelers / Bengals exchange social media after game
(12-15-2015, 07:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: It was chippy because the two teams have an actual rivalry this season.

The Bengals want to beat up their older brother and take control of the division.  Add to that the half-brain-between-them Jones and Burfict and you have a powder keg ready to blow.

The officials could have handled it by calling some personal fouls on both teams but instead they just kept separating players.

I know how much the Bengals fans hate history but its 2005...again.  Its TJ wiping his shoes with the Terrible Towel.  Its CJ with his black and white vs color television.  Dumbasses with bigger mouths than brains.  And a young, talented team in the Bengals who are defined by one or two idiots and a coach who can't control them on or off the field.  
Maybe he should come on the field  to "control" the situation like Mike Tomlin and Joey Porter constantly seem to do.

Speaking of Joey Porter...  I found myself wondering what he and William Gay's safe word is when they are doing their little pony fetish thing they pulled the other day.  Willie looked very comfortable on his knees in front of Joey.  Something tells me that's not the first time, he's looked down into Will's eyes.  We all remember Porter's belly shirt routine when he was trolling for dong back in his playing days.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 07:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Between crossing the field to instigate a pregame fight, kicking DeCastro and diving at Ben's knee, a huge fine is forthcoming. He has a history so while unlikely, a suspension can't be out of the question. Once the refs key in on him as a repeat offender, not only will he get flagged for everything he does wrong, the refs will error on the side of caution and flag him for anything remotely close to illegal, including just really hard clean hits. He will be a liability on the field because of penalties and he seems like an unlikely candidate to wise up to change his reputation.

After Decastro pushed him off the pile when the play was over?  I saw that too.  I also saw Burfict cross the 50 to give that special teams player a chance to put his money where his mouth is. The special teams player realized he wasn't on twitter anymore, and did nothing. That was far from a fight.  You can trash Burfict all you want.  He's not even 100% yet, and he's better than anything the Steelers have on that side of the ball.  You wish he was on your team.  He'll be problem for your team for years to come.  Get used to whining about him, and hoping for fines.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 09:09 PM)jason Wrote: After Decastro pushed him off the pile when the play was over?  I saw that too.  I also saw Burfict cross the 50 to give that special teams player a chance to put his money where his mouth is. The special teams player realized he wasn't on twitter anymore, and did nothing. That was far from a fight.  You can trash Burfict all you want.  He's not even 100% yet, and he's better than anything the Steelers have on that side of the ball.  You wish he was on your team.  He'll be problem for your team for years to come.  Get used to whining about him, and hoping for fines.

Thanks for reminding me, he's always jumping on the pile after the tackle as well. He can probably play corner better than Blake so I'd be all for giving him a shot to play on the Steelers D.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 07:28 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Between crossing the field to instigate a pregame fight, kicking DeCastro and diving at Ben's knee, a huge fine is forthcoming. He has a history so while unlikely, a suspension can't be out of the question. Once the refs key in on him as a repeat offender, not only will he get flagged for everything he does wrong, the refs will error on the side of caution and flag him for anything remotely close to illegal, including just really hard clean hits. He will be a liability on the field because of penalties and he seems like an unlikely candidate to wise up to change his reputation.

So...another James Harrison?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 10:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...another James Harrison?

just not as good at football... Cool
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:00 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: just not as good at football... Cool

Dudes got a gimpy knee, brain and neck and he's still better than anyone on Pitt's defense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 10:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So...another James Harrison?
Harrison never started a pregame fight by crossing the 50, doesn't kick and has literally never been flagged for going to low. But if you are talking about being targeted by the refs, that's exactly what happened to Harrison. The difference was that it was Harrison's playing style that hurt him, while it's antics and after the play conduct (ankle twisting, diving on piles, kicking) that hurts Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:05 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Harrison never started a pregame fight by  crossing the 50, doesn't kick and has literally never been flagged for going to low. But if you are talking about being targeted by the refs, that's exactly what happened to Harrison. The difference was that it was Harrison's playing style that hurt him, while it's antics and after the play conduct (ankle twisting, diving on piles, kicking) that hurts Burfict.

I'll take that as a "yes".

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dudes got a gimpy knee, brain and neck and he's still better than anyone on Pitt's defense. 

He's on pace for about 70 tackles, no sacks, no ints, no force fumbles and no passes defended. Vince Williams has more sacks and passes defended and he hasn't started all year.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He's on pace for about 70 tackles, no sacks, no ints, no force fumbles and no passes defended. Vince Williams has more sacks and passes defended and he hasn't started all year.

Yes. Like i said; gimpy and better than anyone on Pitt's defense. 

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He's on pace for about 70 tackles, no sacks, no ints, no force fumbles and no passes defended. Vince Williams has more sacks and passes defended and he hasn't started all year.

And he never will...  Not even when he's in the CFL next year.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. Like i said; gimpy and better than anyone on Pitt's defense. 

Gimpy? The guy is a quarter-conscious zombie with poor motor skills from bashing his head into every pile he sees.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:22 PM)jason Wrote: And he never will...  Not even when he's in the CFL next year.

I'm debating whether or not i should tell him that Burfict's first game this year was @Pitt...

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:22 PM)jason Wrote: And he never will...  Not even when he's in the CFL next year.

lol. Vince Williams smack.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:24 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Gimpy? The guy is a quarter-conscious zombie with poor motor skills from bashing his head into every pile he sees.

Nah. He just gets tired easily right now, especially when he's tackling all kinds of steeler fools. 

When he's fully recovered and healthy next year...it's going to be real bad for whoever has the football.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm debating whether or not i should tell him that Burfict's first game this year was @Pitt...

He has 49 tackles now, and I projected him for 70 (21 more) on the season if he maintains his pace. Funny how that math works out as if he has only started 7 games this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:29 PM)6andcounting Wrote: He has 49 tackles now, and I projected him for 70 (21 more) on the season if he maintains his pace. Funny how that math works out as if he has only started 7 games this year.

Actually, you originally projected him for 60 because you suck at math.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Actually, you originally projected him for 60 because you suck at math.  Cool

That was a typo.

And I'm sticking with that.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 11:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah. He just gets tired easily right now, especially when he's tackling all kinds of steeler fools. 

When he's fully recovered and healthy next year...it's going to be real bad for whoever has the football.

Ah...the Bengals fans favorite year.

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 12:00 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ah...the Bengals fans favorite year.

Cool

Ah, steelers fans favorite sound to make while they're taking it up the butt. 

Reply/Quote