Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers/Broncos
The way the Steelers offense is on fire right now, I want the Broncos to win because I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs. Plus, just because I hate all Steelers fans and everything that is Steelers, so hopefully it would shut them up for a while.

Plus, there's absolutely no reason why we can't win our last three, especially with the way Osweiler has been struggling.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 01:29 AM)WiscoFan Wrote: As long as we can take care of SF, we should be rooting for Pitt right?

I've thought about this and prefer Denver win for a couple of reasons:

1) Regardless of the outcome of Denver/Pitt we still need to beat Denver to get the 2nd seed.

2) I'd rather see Pitt knocked out of the playoffs.  Not because I don't want to play them again (actually I'd like to) but because they're a bunch of hippocrits and their fans in general are low life garbage.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:23 AM)Whacked Wrote: You ALWAYS root for the DOUCHEBAGS to lose.

I think Denver has a chance to beat them given that they are coming off an inexplicable/unexpected loss.

They will playing inspired football for the 2 seed AND they are at home.

That D will drive Ben bananas.

Them not making the playoffs gives me indescribable JOY

Denver has zero chance of winning with Osweiler in Pittsburgh.  They won't score enough.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 10:23 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Denver has zero chance of winning with Osweiler in Pittsburgh.  They won't score enough.

They have the #1 defense in the league.........  they could pull out a win.  He wasn't playing that bad earlier in the year.  He just needs to limit mistakes and keep their offense off the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:07 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The only time I would root for the Steelers is if they played ISIS.

I still wouldn't
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 10:30 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: They have the #1 defense in the league.........  they could pull out a win.  He wasn't playing that bad earlier in the year.  He just needs to limit mistakes and keep their offense off the field.

Talib will cause Pig Ben some headaches, and I think their front seven is as good as any in the league and is getting healthier.

They also don't seem to crap their pants when they play pissburgh.  

Go Broncos, and then lose the next week!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:01 AM)tenacious-B Wrote: This.

I've had my fill of that piece of shit organization for one year. I hope we don't have to see them until next year, and hopefully that old caveman, Harrison, retires before then too. I fuggin' hate him. 

I truly cannot imagine the cocktail of steroids and growth hormone they have Harrison on at this point.  Not to mention he should have to give Mike Brown the money back that he took for coming here and standing around for an entire season...

As for the game.  We root for Denver.  The team does not want to see Pittsburgh in the post season and I don't want to be forced to see those ugly ass uniforms or Ben's overly enlarged head that looks like it is about to explode off his body... better they be eliminated and watching from home.  Bengals are going to need to beat Denver one way or the other.  They eliminate Pittsburgh and then we eliminate them from the number two seed!
Reply/Quote
Root for Denver.

Pitt loses and we take the AFCN. Regardless of what happens with our game in SF and the Steelers-Broncos game, whether or not we get a bye comes down to our monday night meeting.
Reply/Quote
You wouldn't catch me wanting the Steelers win under ANY circumstance that benefits them. They need this win to go into the playoffs. All my friends know theres nothing I hate in life....except the Steelers.

Go Broncos!

If we want a first round bye then we have to go into Denver and win.

F-U-C-K Pittsburtgh
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: You wouldn't catch me wanting the Steelers win under ANY circumstance that benefits them. They need this win to go into the playoffs. All my friends know theres nothing I hate in life....except the Steelers.

Go Broncos!

If we want a first round bye then we have to go into Denver and win.

F-U-C-K Pittsburtgh

Pretty sums it all up!!!  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll be rooting for Denver, because even if they lose, if they beat us they still get the 2nd round bye as long as they win their final game against San Diego.

If Denver wins, that pushes the Steelers 1 more game out of the playoffs and then we won't have to deal with them if we do miss the bye week in the playoffs.

So we get very little out of the Steelers winning, but we get a bit more security if the Steelers lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:28 AM)Whacked Wrote: Say what you want but that franchise would still find a way to win with their practice squad. 

I wish we had that intangible X factor they consistently do almost every year. 

They remind me of the St Louis Cardinals who I also despise. 

What a nice thing it must be to be a fan in a city where the owner, front office, coaching and everything else in play - demands success and succeeds in garnering said success no mater who is on their team. 

Pricks. 

Just as whiny as them, too.
Reply/Quote
Personally I want the Steelers to lose because if they lose then we win the AFC North and if we beat the 49ers then the pressure is still on the Broncos to beat us next week in Denver for the second seed. I honestly believe this team is going to win out and get the bye that is needed in case Andy is able to come back in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 10:23 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Denver has zero chance of winning with Osweiler in Pittsburgh.  They won't score enough.

AJM threw 2 TDs against Pittsburgh. A QB who threw a total of 4 passes in a regular season game threw for 280 yards and 2 TDs against the "vaunted" Pittsburgh defense.

Brock may not be a starting caliber QB (though he's never really been given a shot 'til now), but he's thrown more than 4 passes coming into the game against the Steelers. He's got a lifetime QB rating of 85.0 and has thrown 6 TDs to 3 INTs in his career (5 TDs and 3 INTs coming this season). Even if he leads them to nothing but FGs, they'll still most likely pull out the win because I can see Denver's defense stopping Pitt's offense.

All of this to say that there is far greater than a "zero chance of winning" for Osweiler and the Broncos.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The answer is simple. Denver Broncos.

It makes it that much more difficult for the Steelers to get into the playoffs since the Jets have a tough game against NE and the Chiefs could lose to the Raiders. I believe if all three lose one more game out of the three, that still forces the Steelers to miss due to tie breaker rules...right?

Also, the Bengals have to beat the Broncos and one other team to claim a first round bye anyway.

The Steelers are arguably one of the top 4 teams in the AFC right now, so anything to eliminate from having a chance would be great in my book.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 01:29 AM)WiscoFan Wrote: As long as we can take care of SF, we should be rooting for Pitt right?

NEVER!!!!  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 06:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: NEVER!!!!  

Exactly. This rivalry has become the most fierce and down right mean in sports. The can say Ravens -Steelers , but those teams actually respect each other. Bengals hate the Steelers and Bengals fans hate Steelers fans, period. There has not been hate like this in sports in a long time. I think it is awesome that a team is finally not backing down from this crap and calling these cheaters out for what they are.
Reply/Quote
Easiest answer ever.... You root for Denver to win.   Really the #2 comes down to the Broncos Denver game.  If the bengals win the next two or the last two they feta bye.  Beating sf or Baltimore (just one) should happen (fingers crossed). We want Pitt to not only lose, but be the 6th seed.  That way if we see them in. The playoffs its at PBS in the afc championship game.  Really- them making it as the 6 seed is only way I could see that. Happening. NE would throttle anyone else 
Reply/Quote
As long as I have a pulse, I will root for the Steelers to lose.

And as has already been pointed out, the Bengals simply need to take care of business. Win out, and they have the #2 seed all wrapped up, regardless of what happens in Shittsburgh. In my dream world, the Jets beat the Patriots, likely knocking the Steelers out of the playoffs if they also lose to Denver.

Besides that, Brock is a Montana boy, so I will be rooting for the Broncos big time...until they lose to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
There is no way in hell that I ever have or ever will hope for the Steelers to win. **** those guys. I cannot put into words how much I hate that team and their fans.
Reply/Quote