Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers/Broncos
I want PIT to win. Play NE and beat them up physically. Then NE to play us in the AFC championship game.

We win in SF and we're in. We win in Denver and we're #2 seed (as long as we win SF or BAL)
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
we want them to beat the SHIT out of each other and have it end in a TIE. Worthless game for both.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 11:41 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I want PIT to win.  Play NE and beat them up physically.  Then NE to play us in the AFC championship game.  

We win in SF and we're in.  We win in Denver and we're #2 seed (as long as we win SF or BAL)

A win in SF does not get the Bengals in the playoffs by itself, Shitsburgh would have to lose to Denver. If they win in SF and lose to Denver and Baltimore, and Pitt wins out then the Stoolers win the AFC North.

However, just one win against Baltimore, two wins, or a Pitt loss and 1 win the Bengals clinch the AFC North.

A win in Denver coupled with another win will secure the bye.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati clinches AFC North division with:

1.CIN win or tie + PIT tie OR

2.PIT loss

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with:

1.CIN win OR

2.NYJ loss OR

3.KC loss OR

4.CIN tie + KC tie OR

5.CIN tie + NYJ tie
Reply/Quote
Just f'n win out.

Reply/Quote
Denver.
Reply/Quote
Even in a scenario that the Bengals needed Pittsburgh to win to make the playoffs, I still wouldn't root for them. That's how much I dislike them. If they win and we got in, fine, but I still am not going to root for them. My family can disown and trash me if that would ever to occur. Nothing worse than the Steelers, Terrible Towels, and their dumb "Here we go Steelers, here we go" chant. It's got to the point that I can't watch the Bengals at a bar if there is a Steelers game going on at the same time as us because I know the yellow and black roaches will be out in full force. I have friends that are Steelers fans but I refuse to see them, talk to them, or even read texts from them on game days. Alright, rant over :)

tldr; I'll be rooting for Denver.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 04:03 AM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: A win in SF does not get the Bengals in the playoffs by itself, Shitsburgh would have to lose to Denver. If they win in SF and lose to Denver and Baltimore, and Pitt wins out then the Stoolers win the AFC North.

However, just one win against Baltimore, two wins, or a Pitt loss and 1 win the Bengals clinch the AFC North.

A win in Denver coupled with another win will secure the bye.

(12-17-2015, 04:32 AM)Joelist Wrote: Cincinnati clinches AFC North division with:

1.CIN win or tie + PIT tie OR

2.PIT loss

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with:

1.CIN win OR

2.NYJ loss OR

3.KC loss OR

4.CIN tie + KC tie OR

5.CIN tie + NYJ tie

Yeah it does.   Tongue
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 12:09 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Smirk we want them to beat the SHIT out of each other and have it end in a TIE.  Worthless game for both.

Good Post
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2015, 10:31 AM)fumblerooski Wrote: Even in a scenario that the Bengals needed Pittsburgh to win to make the playoffs, I still wouldn't root for them. That's how much I dislike them. If they win and we got in, fine, but I still am not going to root for them. My family can disown and trash me if that would ever to occur. Nothing worse than the Steelers, Terrible Towels, and their dumb "Here we go Steelers, here we go" chant. It's got to the point that I can't watch the Bengals at a bar if there is a Steelers game going on at the same time as us because I know the yellow and black roaches will be out in full force. I have friends that are Steelers fans but I refuse to see them, talk to them, or even read texts from them on game days. Alright, rant over :)

tldr; I'll be rooting for Denver.

^^this.

My heart would never let me root for the Steelers no matter what the circumstances.  I don't wish injuries on anybody, but there's a dark side to me that laughs a bit when somebody on that team goes down.  I know, it's terrible, right? Confused
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 09:28 AM)Whacked Wrote: Say what you want but that franchise would still find a way to win with their practice squad. 

I wish we had that intangible X factor they consistently do almost every year. 

They remind me of the St Louis Cardinals who I also despise. 

What a nice thing it must be to be a fan in a city where the owner, front office, coaching and everything else in play - demands success and succeeds in garnering said success no mater who is on their team. 

Pricks. 

The "X" factor they have is the 4+ extra players they have on the field at all times. Honestly, how many times have you seen them call a block in the back on a long Steelers return? Or a phantom holding call that always seems to pop up when we are involved? You would think that as long as Ben Rotten stays alive in the pocket that the refs would see that shit, but nope. They call Steelers for penalties in our games, but never in as crucial of moments as we get them. It is sad that on every big play the Bengals have vs Pitt I look for a  flag!
Reply/Quote
Would like for Denver to win, but they're probably going to get their brains beaten in. Solace to be had in us clinching a playoff spot with a win, anyway. And, since the steelers would be the fifth seed, even if we get the third seed they'd be Indy/Houston's problem.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Rooting for Pitt. Get that first round bye.

Reply/Quote
i don't ever root for the steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2015, 02:35 AM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Pulling for Denver. The Bengals will have to win in Denver to get the 1st round bye unless the Broncos somehow lose the final game against SD.

After some thought, this is how I feel as well. Denver isn't losing to SD so this game is almost meaningless to them and us as far as the BYE goes. Plus it allows me to keep rooting against the Stoolers, so that's always a plus.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 12:19 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Rooting for Pitt. Get that first round bye.

If I ever gave out neg rep.....this would be the post I'd hit.  NEVER root for the Stoolers son..... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 07:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: If I ever gave out neg rep.....this would be the post I'd hit.  NEVER root for the Stoolers son..... LOL

2003, last game of the season, we were 8-7 and hosting the Browns at home.  A win, combined with a Steelers' win over Baltimore later that day, and we got a playoff spot under first-year coach Marvin.  Now, I agree with you that I never want to to root for Pittsburgh, but had we beat Cleveland, I would have rooted for them that night.  It would have been easier given that Pitt had already been eliminated from the playoffs and a W would have done them no good.

Can't think of a scenario before or since where I would have, though. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 10:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Would like for Denver to win, but they're probably going to get their brains beaten in.  Solace to be had in us clinching a playoff spot with a win, anyway.  And, since the steelers would be the fifth seed, even if we get the third seed they'd be Indy/Houston's problem.

I disagree.

Denver has the top passing defense in least yards allowed and most sacks, along with second in fewest touchdowns allowed, so I think their corners can lockdown the Steelers receivers and their front four will treat Ben like his bar dates in a bathroom stall.

Then, flip it and notice that the Steelers secondary is complete garbage and you have a nice setting for the Broncos to go in and steal one from the rapist and crew.
Reply/Quote
Soooo even though KC is the current #5 and the Jets are the current # 6 (and the STOOLERS are #7).......

If the Chiefs, Jets and STOOLERS all win out, the STOOLERS get the #6 seed based on tie breakers.

GO FIGURE!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Last year we were leading our division all year long and at the end the Steelers came in and won the division. The last thing I want to see happen is this repeat itself two years in a row. I don't even want to see the Stteelers in the playoffs. Im hoping they lose to Denver and KC and the Jets make wild card for playoffs.
Reply/Quote