Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers Continue To Be Shitty At Drafting
(04-29-2016, 03:40 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Um,  Bud Dupree was a rookie last year and you're calling him a bust already? You sound worse than some Steelers homers. Also Mendenhall was a very productive RB until he decided to call it a career at an early age. 

I didn't call him a bust.   I called him a miss.  He still hasn't hit Jarvis Jones territory yet.   But I wouldn't be surprised if he is a known underachiever.  Which is I why I listed him.   
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Find us an example or two for your claim please.

(04-29-2016, 11:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Which claims?  That the Steelers love high praise?   

You can't be serious!

Open your eyes!

It's all over!

Use quotes to back my claims? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!

[Image: carlcuck.jpg]
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:15 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Didn't you try the same argument when DeCastro and Zeitler were drafted? Ha!

Now both of those were good picks.   
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 03:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Nope.  It's the other way around.  In 1979, Iowa coach Hayden Fry got permission from the Steelers to emulate their uniforms.  Look it up. 

Also, it's "they're", not "their". 

There, their, they're. 

If it wasn't for the Hawkeyes, the steAlers would still be wearing their, there, they're, bumblebee looking uniforms.  Don't try to change history SteAlerfan.

Wasted
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:25 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I didn't call him a bust.   I called him a miss.  He still hasn't hit Jarvis Jones territory yet.   But I wouldn't be surprised if he is a known underachiever.  Which is I why I listed him.   

Well if he's a miss, then Cedric Ogbuehi is a complete strikeout. 

At least Dupree played in every single game last year including starting 5 of the last 6. Ogbuehi starts = 0
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:35 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: There, their, they're. 

If it wasn't for the Hawkeyes, the steAlers would still be wearing their, there, they're, bumblebee looking uniforms.  Don't try to change history SteAlerfan.

Wasted

you cant really be this stupid

please tell me you arent and are just failing at trolling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Hawkeyes_football
Quote:In 1979, Hayden Fry helped to create the Tiger Hawk, the logo seen on Iowa's football helmets.[15] Since both teams shared the colors of black and yellow gold, Fry sought and gained permission from the Pittsburgh Steelers, the dominant National Football League (NFL) team of the 1970s, to overhaul Iowa’s uniforms in the Steelers’ image. Fry's idea was that if the team were going to act like winners, they first needed to dress like winners. Fry had originally asked Steelers defensive tackle "Mean" Joe Greene for a replica helmet and home jersey; Greene was able to send Fry to one of the team owners, and three days later, the owners sent Fry reproduction copies of the home and away uniform of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, making Iowa one of only a few schools to use the uniform scheme of an NFL team; others include the Blue Devils of Duke University whose football uniforms resemble those of the Indianapolis Colts. Although the uniforms appear substantially the same, there are subtle differences, mainly in the font of the numerals, the scheme of the white away jerseys, and the width of the jersey stripe, while the Steelers jerseys have the player names in yellow and the Hawkeyes use black or white.
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Well if he's a miss, then Cedric Ogbuehi is a complete strikeout. 

At least Dupree played in every single game last year including starting 5 of the last 6. Ogbuehi starts = 0

Two different positions .  Dupree plays a position where you should see quick results.   And is Dupree a starter now?    Ogbuehi starts at RT.   

Dupree just reminds me of when we took Reinard Wilson.  More of a panic pick vs best player.   Steelers didn't used to do that stuff.   I wonder if tomlin's inexperience with Lebeau's defense led to these decisions.(Dupree and Jones)   Which maybe why Ike taylor swears Tomlin is going to a 4-3.   
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember when the Steelers were good at drafting and that's how they built championship teams?

Yeah........  me either.

We grabbed the corner they wanted right before them because that's how we do, so they reached and got a guy with a fourth-round grade.

Smart thinking, guys  ThumbsUp

Yahoo rates it as a D+.

ProFootballFocus gave them a D.

BleacherReport was nicer and gave them a B, but that was a sympathy grade because of Burns' family problems.

SBNation gave them a C, while noting that the Steelers had the 30th ranked pass D and that Burns doesn't fit the Steelers' zone scheme.  They also note that they had him ranked in the 50s.

Steelers continue their free-fall and pretty soon all of you will only be able to talk about remembering past glory.............  but that's all you really do now anyways, so rock on  ThumbsUp
I like Jackson and think he pans out to be much better. But, you never know. I may be wrong, but I think the Steelers preferred Jackson or Apple over their pick. But like the Bengals once the 4 top WR's were gone, they had no choice but to go to next man up on their board
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Two different positions .  Dupree plays a position where you should see quick results.   And is Dupree a starter now?    Ogbuehi starts at RT.   

Dupree just reminds me of when we took Reinard Wilson.  More of a panic pick vs best player.   Steelers didn't used to do that stuff.   I wonder if tomlin's inexperience with Lebeau's defense led to these decisions.(Dupree and Jones)   Which maybe why Ike taylor swears Tomlin is going to a 4-3.   

Ah, yes Bud Dupree is a starter. Started 5 of the last 6 regular season games plus both postseason games. So that's 7 of 8. 

And Ogbuehi is a starter or is penciled in to start next year? Didn't start at all last year and isn't even listed on the Bengals most recent (end of last season) depth chart. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/cin
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Well if he's a miss, then Cedric Ogbuehi is a complete strikeout. 

Um, didnt decastro miss like 10 games in his rookie season after gilbert rolled up on him in the 3rd preseason game? If your measuring stick is how many games they started in their rookie year then decsastro is a strikeout too.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:50 PM)Griever Wrote: you cant really be this stupid

please tell me you arent and are just failing at trolling

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Hawkeyes_football

Cry
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:38 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Cry

is that what you do when you get called on your BS?
People suck
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 04:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Meaningless? Brad has put his heart and soul into these offseason victories.

It seems to be going around. I've seen fans on Facebook saying how awesome it is that the Bengals screwed the Steelers again. Much as it pains me to say it to my own fan base, I'm often reminding them of the score of our last game (shenanigans be damned).

I'm not very popular among my own. But they're stupid, so moral victory for me.

...wait...

...****.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 05:31 PM)Beaker Wrote: Um, didnt decastro miss like 10 games in his rookie season after gilbert rolled up on him in the 3rd preseason game? If your measuring stick is how many games they started in their rookie year then decsastro is a strikeout too.

Kinda stupid, right?

About as dumb as calling a rookie who starts 7 of the last 8 games of his rookie season a miss. 
Reply/Quote
If there was a grade lower than F, the steelers would deserve it for drafting that turd in the 1st round last night. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If there was a grade lower than F, the steelers would deserve it for drafting that turd in the 1st round last night. Mellow

Thanks Brad.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Thanks Brad.

Mellow

Round early for a CB in rd1.
Round early for a S in rd2.

What a bunch of Dooraks.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What do the steelers do in round 3?

Take a punter?

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Round early for a CB in rd1.
Round early for a S in rd2.

What a bunch of Dooraks.

(04-29-2016, 10:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What do the steelers do in round 3?  

Take a punter?

Good job Brad.   Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Good job Brad.   Mellow

So...is that a "yes" vote for punter, from you?

Reply/Quote