Poll: Who you got?
Joe Burrow
Ja’Marr Chase
Joe Mixon
Logan Wilson
Trey Hendrickson
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Steelers Game Ball Thread
Well, I get to fill in for bfine for a special win against the Steelers. Our 2nd in a row (I’m trying to remember if we ever did that under Marvin?).

Just like our first one, it was another nice team win with multiple deserving candidates. So who you got?

Joe Burrow - 14/18 172 yards 3 TD 122.9 passer rating

Ja’Marr Chase - 4 rec 65 yards 2 TD

Joe Mixon - 18 carries for 90 yards 5.0 avg

Logan Wilson - 14 tackles (6 solo/8 assists) 2 INT’s

Trey Hendrickson - 1 sack, 7 pressures, and was an absolute force all day. Felt like when teams used to have to hold Geno half the game

*Other (explain)

I expect to see a lot of votes for the OL for not allowing a single sack but I usually like to go with a specific player. Honorable mention for the OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wilson. Made the others possible. Burrow and Chase will get their own soon enough.
Reply/Quote
Other = DEFENSE
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:21 PM)Destro Wrote: Wilson. Made the others possible. Burrow and Chase will get their own soon enough.

Yeah, it’s a tough one for me between Chase and Logan. I’m going with Logan though since I gave it to Chase in week 1.

Reply/Quote
#55 will be DPOY if he keeps up that INT pace.
Reply/Quote
No big deal, but can a mod explain why I can never set the polls to be visible to see who voted for who? Maybe a mobile thing?

Reply/Quote
Wilson...his INTs changed the game

Though I would give Kevin Huber a shoutout..5 punts 48 yard ave, 3 inside the 20. He forced the Steelers into long drives that ate the clock up

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I give it to Wilson. Two takeaways that resulted in two TDS. Had one takeaway that resulted in a TD last game too. His first INT was an amazing play. The second was a Bad Andy esque throw by dirty burger. Wilson looks like a gamer.

Great game by the defense. Great pressure up front and great job in the run game. Need to get better covering backs and making stops on 3rd down though.

Chase with a heck of a catch for his first TD. 4 TDS in 3 games. Amazing start to his career.

Overall I thought the offense looked a little more balanced today. The offensive line played better (they were aided by the Steelers injuries). But overall good job keeping Burrow clean and opening some lanes for Mixon. Offense is still a bit predictable based on formation. They could have done better in the 4 minute offense. But Burrow bounced back well this game.

We really should be 3-0 right now. Missed a big opportunity last week that the Browns took full advantage of. But if we get a win on Thursday night we’ll start 3-1 and be in decent position.

Edit:

I also thought the refs were on our side noticeably today. This game was a complete script flip to the usual Steeler week game. Taylor called a decent game other than the timeout late that took away the first down Burrow earned with the hard count.
Reply/Quote
Side note, I love seeing the defense ripping at the ball on every play. Will continue to pay dividends and already won us a game. Pratt is always ripping aggressively. Hats off to preaching that in camp
Reply/Quote
Yeah I went with Wilson. Ja'marr could've gotten it as well he just goes and it gets those deep balls. Also could've put the entire oline up I know we were playing a very banged up defensive front but keeping Burrow clean was huge.
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson is proving to be a great draft pick. Especially since the LBs have been suspect the last few years.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Not game ball, but Carman was superb, outside of 2 plays, from what I saw. Think he has grabbed that RG spot and isn't letting it go.

Went with Logan, btw.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not game ball, but Carman was superb, outside of 2 plays, from what I saw. Think he has grabbed that RG spot and isn't letting it go.

Went with Logan, btw.

I’ll be interested to see Carman’s run blocking grade. Seemed like he was opening up some holes on that right side.

I hope the job is his for keeps.

Reply/Quote
Who would give a game ball thread (in a win against the Steelers!) a bad rating?? Lol

Some of the petty little personal beefs on this board are truly ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson, he's developing into the LB that we've needed for years. If he keeps having games like today, he'll be a legit candidate for All-Pro.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I didn't catch all of the game, but from what I did see Logan Wilson looked like the second coming of Brian Urlacher. Holy Christ. 
Reply/Quote
Easiest vote in a while!
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson. The majority of our points came off his turnovers.

Also agree to post above regarding Carman. Joes best runs were right side. He had the one falst start. The early pressure can’t blame him he had 2 people all on his own.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote:

He was a BEAST today.

Reply/Quote