Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers Holding Vine Collection
I tell you what this all reminds me of for any of you that watched 'Remember the Titans' with Denzel Washington, which was a true story.

When the supporters of his coach fixed the game with referee calls so he could take back the HC job and get into the coaches HOF and the refs were deliberately cheating to throw the game!
Reply/Quote
But don't ya see? The vines are where the sour grapes grow..
I'm completely convinced that the games are fixed.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 07:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't watch the talking heads, has anyone been mentioning this at all??

No, except here in Cincy.  That's because Radio and TV are like the NFL and WWE....RATINGS ARE ALL THAT MATTER.  If these outlets actually reported the truth and the massive bias against the Bengals and the gifts provided to Pig Ben (protection and no risk of being hit lets a QB settle down back there) and the three-call-in-one-that-still-wasn't-called when Dalton got blasted only further shows it isn't about protecting QBs, but about protecting a fan base that provides incredible revenues to the NFL.  It is money, money, money, and integrity is not a part of the picture.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:05 PM)3wt Wrote: My guess is that it was not nearly the 12 times shown in that vine.

Jesus I didn't watch the vine but there were 12 bad ones?

That's 3 a quarter. and if Pitt got the ball an average of 3-4 times a quarter, that means they were getting away with a big holding EVERY SINGLE drive. And they ran ALOT so ima just have to assume some of those were on big 3rd downs.
How can they time it that perfectly? I'm pretty sure after a while they knew holding wasn't gonna get called and they took advantage of it
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 07:04 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I tell you what this all reminds me of for any of you that watched 'Remember the Titans' with Denzel Washington, which was a true story.

When the supporters of his coach fixed the game with referee calls so he could take back the HC job and get into the coaches HOF and the refs were deliberately cheating to throw the game!

Actually, about 75-80% of the film is bogus.

Great film though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 10:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Actually, about 75-80% of the film is bogus.

Great film though.

I will never doubt the Trucker. who can be trusted in any posts he makes claiming to be factual, that is a given.  Could your expertise shine a little brighter light on the film and tell us if the clip I was talking about was in the 75-80% or the 25-20%?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, except here in Cincy.  That's because Radio and TV are like the NFL and WWE....RATINGS ARE ALL THAT MATTER.  If these outlets actually reported the truth and the massive bias against the Bengals and the gifts provided to Pig Ben (protection and no risk of being hit lets a QB settle down back there) and the three-call-in-one-that-still-wasn't-called when Dalton got blasted only further shows it isn't about protecting QBs, but about protecting a fan base that provides incredible revenues to the NFL.  It is money, money, money, and integrity is not a part of the picture.  

Of course the Bengals organization is playing the 'political correctness angle' as well, which I expected, as I just read Hobbs latest Q&A and makes the claim that there is no 'Refgate' that the NFL is on the up and up!!

That's what I mean.  IF THAT'S the case, then what's the point?  If the organization is willing to accept it, it's time to piss on the fire and call in the dogs as far as a championship run is concerned in ANY season!!

(Love the Whitey Herzog saying whenever the games got away from his teams.)
Reply/Quote
I don't have the skill for it, but someone should make a video that compiles all the bad calls and holds from the last 2-3 Bengals/Steelers games. Would be nice if something like that went viral. It's the only way the league office would pay any attention.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 11:30 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I will never doubt the Trucker. who can be trusted in any posts he makes claiming to be factual, that is a given.  Could your expertise shine a little brighter light on the film and tell us if the clip I was talking about was in the 75-80% or the 25-20%?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_the_Titans#Historical_accuracy

The exact number thing, one thing led to another (from this page) and one of the real life Titans/Coach Boone threw out this number, but can't remember where I read it :$.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Pro Steeler League.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 04:32 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Pro Steeler League.

You mean the National Fixed League.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Seriously? No disciplinary actions for this officiating crew?

Unbelievable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 01:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote:
Big BossSeriously?  No disciplinary actions for this officiating crew?

Unbelievable.

Reading between the lines of Jim's responses, I think they believe that if they were to try and rock the boat it would only fall on dThursday.and possibly cause more problems down the road, so the best alternative is to push forward and try to overcome it.

Not surprised, because the entity is too big to fight, especially when it will be perceived, at best, sour grapes, at worst, working against this team as the games unfunfold. It is what it is, and with new players and a new OC adusting, injuries and reputation to overcome, I see it as an uphill battle and no playoff chance in sight, at this time.

We will see what this week brings Sunday and Thursday.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 01:11 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Seriously?  No disciplinary actions for this officiating crew?

Unbelievable.

Should have been demoted back to officiating HS games.

Instead they probably got large monetary bonuses 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Should have been demoted back to officiating HS games.

Instead they probably got large monetary bonuses 

Of course, they did exactly what they were told to do.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 04:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You mean the National Fixed League.

That, too.
Reply/Quote
Lack of integrity in the league will be its demise. They are swimming in money and arrogance and don't think that this can happen.

It's a great game. They let the outcome to be determined by the coaches and players, they will get even richer.

Take away the integity and the equal treatment of every team and the money will dry up quicker than they could ever imagine.

Hope it doesn't happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 07:51 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Lack of integrity in the league will be its demise. They are swimming in money and arrogance and don't think that this can happen.

It's a great game. They let the outcome to be determined by the coaches and players, they will get even richer.

Take away the integity and the equal treatment of every team and the money will dry up quicker than they could ever imagine.

Hope it doesn't happen.

http://sportsnaut.com/2016/09/why-are-nfl-ratings-plummeting-this-season/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
That game really showed more blatant bias than I would have ever imagined. It was sickening to watch and the holds just got more and more blatant as they continued to go uncalled.. Disgusting!
Reply/Quote