Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers: Softest Team in the NFL?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/11/09/injuries-have-sapped-steelers-strength-but-theyve-positively-destroyed-the-dallas-cowboys/

Looking at just how many injuries the Steelers have repeatedly suffered this season, one has to stop blaming mere luck and look at more tangible possibilities. One of those possibilities is that the team is comprised of weak men who simply don't possess the physical toughness required to survive a 16 game football season. Not only that, but these weaklings seem to want to change the rules of the game its self by complaining about legal hits because they hurt. I truly believe Le'veon Bell would be an MVP player for the arena league, but his toughness clearly just isn't high enough for an NFL team.

It may be time for the Steelers to look into a full blown rebuild and drafting players not made of glass, instead of falsely claiming the Steelers will be world-beaters when they get Ben Back after his 6th or 7th injury of the season every year.

[Image: Asxv0nL.gif]
Reply/Quote
[Image: throwing_fish_net_fail.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
[Image: peeking.jpg]
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 04:25 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2015/11/09/injuries-have-sapped-steelers-strength-but-theyve-positively-destroyed-the-dallas-cowboys/

Looking at just how many injuries the Steelers have repeatedly suffered this season, one has to stop blaming mere luck and look at more tangible possibilities. One of those possibilities is that the team is comprised of weak men who simply don't possess the physical toughness required to survive a 16 game football season. Not only that, but these weaklings seem to want to change the rules of the game its self by complaining about legal hits because they hurt. I truly believe Le'veon Bell would be an MVP player for the arena league, but his toughness clearly just isn't high enough for an NFL team.

It may be time for the Steelers to look into a full blown rebuild and drafting players not made of glass, instead of falsely claiming the Steelers will be world-beaters when they get Ben Back after his 6th or 7th injury of the season every year.

[Image: Asxv0nL.gif]

its tougher now that they dont have a doc shooting them up all the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Since 2004, I've heard this same crap from you guys time and time again. Not sure how many times I heard that the Steelers were soft, old and needing a rebuild. During all that, they went to 3 more Super Bowls, winning 2 more than the Bengals have had during their entire existence. You'll have to forgive me for chuckling at your post...
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:27 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Since 2004, I've heard this same crap from you guys time and time again. Not sure how many times I heard that the Steelers were soft, old and needing a rebuild. During all that, they went to 3 more Super Bowls, winning 2 more than the Bengals have had during their entire existence. You'll have to forgive me for chuckling at your post...

I never said any of that back then so you'll have to address it to somebody else.

The stats show that the Steelers are soft. Take a look at their injury list.

I wonder what Ben breaks in two weeks when he  comes back and fails to turn the season around like you guys kept telling everybody he would prior to throwing 3 picks against the undefeated Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:27 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Since 2004, I've heard this same crap from you guys time and time again. Not sure how many times I heard that the Steelers were soft, old and needing a rebuild. During all that, they went to 3 more Super Bowls, winning 2 more than the Bengals have had during their entire existence. You'll have to forgive me for being cuckholded by my wife, she has an affinity for Bengal fans...

Thanks for your contribution. Smirk

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 07:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for your contribution. Smirk
She actually passed away 2 years ago this December but Grade A smack nonetheless...
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:59 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I never said any of that back then so you'll have to address it to somebody else.

The stats show that the Steelers are soft. Take a look at their injury list.

I wonder what Ben breaks in two weeks when he  comes back and fails to turn the season around like you guys kept telling everybody he would prior to throwing 3 picks against the undefeated Bengals.

So your Bengals barely escaped with a win against the softest team in the NFL, with a quarterback that threw 3 picks and one of the games most productive backs sitting in the hospital. This doesn't worry you? Not even alittle? You should go back and review what all was said and done throughout the years on the last forum.  You Bengal fans never learn. I'm always the one with the last laugh.... Smirk
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:42 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: So your Bengals barely escaped with a win against the softest team in the NFL, with a quarterback that threw 3 picks and one of the games most productive backs sitting in the hospital. This doesn't worry you? Not even alittle? You should go back and review what all was said and done throughout the years on the last forum.  You Bengal fans never learn. I'm always the one with the last laugh.... Smirk

Everybody plays down to their competition every once in a while.  
Reply/Quote
Wait, not only are you making fun of injuries, but you've supplied a link that praises the Steelers from winning games despite injuries?

You're smacking wrong.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 08:42 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: So your Bengals barely escaped with a win against the softest team in the NFL, with a quarterback that threw 3 picks and one of the games most productive backs sitting in the hospital. This doesn't worry you? Not even alittle? You should go back and review what all was said and done throughout the years on the last forum.  You Bengal fans never learn. I'm always the one with the last laugh.... Smirk

The Bengals had a bad day and barely beat a soft team.

They have destroyed other, tougher teams so it doesn't really matter as long as they win against inferior punching bags they take it easy against such as the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:03 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The Bengals had a bad day and barely beat a soft team.

They have destroyed other, tougher teams so it doesn't really matter as long as they win against inferior punching bags they take it easy against such as the Steelers.

Yep, kind of like when little brother finally get the upper hand on big brother.  It's really just enough to show him that you're better that day.  Because, if you pound him into oblivion, it could have lifelong psychological impact.. LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, kind of like when little brother finally get the upper hand on big brother.  It's really just enough to show him that you're better that day.  Because, if you pound him into oblivion, it could have lifelong psychological impact.. LOL

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2006/01/05/Steelers-Notebook-Two-assistants-in-demand/stories/200601050380

Quote:Time to change the dial?

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson suggested the Steelers' run of dominance in the AFC North had ended after the Bengals won, 38-31, Dec. 4 at Heinz Field.

"It's time for a change," Johnson said after that game. "It's like going from a black and white TV to a color TV. It was Pittsburgh; it's Cincinnati now, and it'll probable be that way for a while now."
Reply/Quote
They already said Ben's injury isn't much and he'll be back after bye.
They will beat Cleveland next Sunday
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, kind of like when little brother finally get the upper hand on big brother.  It's really just enough to show him that you're better that day.  Because, if you pound him into oblivion, it could have lifelong psychological impact.. LOL

Cute analogy  but the Bengals  have been the little sister most of the time
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:24 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2006/01/05/Steelers-Notebook-Two-assistants-in-demand/stories/200601050380

That's a great search find.  However, this year it is the Steelers QB that is unable to carry the unstoppable offense to glory..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 03:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a great search find.  However, this year it is the Steelers QB that is unable to carry the unstoppable offense to glory..

That was just a reference to "There's nothing new under the sun...we've heard it all before." 

Cool
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:27 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Since 2004, I've heard this same crap from you guys time and time again. Not sure how many times I heard that the Steelers were soft, old and needing a rebuild. During all that, they went to 3 more Super Bowls, winning 2 more than the Bengals have had during their entire existence. You'll have to forgive me for chuckling at your post...

Lets see some proof we've been saying that since 2004...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 10:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lets see some proof we've been saying that since 2004...

Not sure where I stored it after the "move" but I know its down in the basement somewhere.  God... if  I put if underneath all that proof that the Steelers are 6 time Super Bowl champions...it may be awhile until I can dig it out. I ask that you show some patience.. .
Reply/Quote