Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers: Softest Team in the NFL?
I wish the Steelers had won 2 more championships. That way their current downward spiral could be as epic as the Browns' 30 year descent.

Unfortunately for misty eyed Steeler fans, they don't have that same heritage. Even at being losers, they're still only second best.

Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:49 PM)Benton Wrote: I wish the Steelers had won 2 more championships. That way their current downward spiral could be as epic as the Browns' 30 year descent.

Unfortunately for misty eyed Steeler fans, they don't have that same heritage. Even at being losers, they're still only second best.

Sad

Third.  No one out sucks a Brown founded team...No one.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 06:27 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Since 2004, I've heard this same crap from you guys time and time again. Not sure how many times I heard that the Steelers were soft, old and needing a rebuild. During all that, they went to 3 more Super Bowls, winning 2 more than the Bengals have had during their entire existence. You'll have to forgive me for chuckling at your post...

But what have you done lately?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: But what have you done lately?

We won the AFCN last year.  What have you done lately to eclipse that?

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: We won the AFCN last year.  What have you done lately to eclipse that?

Lately? 8 straight games. Including one over the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Lately? 8 straight games. Including one over the Steelers.

Oh I figured since you were using history to discuss the Steelers, it would be the correct thing to do over all.  But given you are a Bengals fan, I completely understand you desire to keep it limited to just this year...... Yawn

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:49 PM)Benton Wrote: I wish the Steelers had won 2 more championships. That way their current downward spiral could be as epic as the Browns' 30 year descent.

Sad

Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Sad

Third best. Unlike you, Steeler fans haven't forgotten what a great job the Bengals organization has done to solidify their reign as the most pathetic franchise the league has ever seen. What.....you think we didn't notice they became the laughingstock of the entire NFL? 
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 11:52 AM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Not sure where I stored it after the "move" but I know its down in the basement somewhere.  God... if  I put if underneath all that proof that the Steelers are 6 time Super Bowl champions...it may be awhile until I can dig it out. I ask that you show some patience.. .

I hate to say living in the past, but I mean come on...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:52 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Third best. Unlike you, Steeler fans haven't forgotten what a great job the Bengals organization has done to solidify their reign as the most pathetic franchise the league has ever seen. What.....you think we didn't notice they became the laughingstock of the entire NFL? 

I bet you fondly remember, with great pride, when the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in the 70's on that Blu Ray you watched when you were 15. But none can compare to seeing them win it all in 2008, right around your 8th birthday.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 03:15 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Oh I figured since you were using history to discuss the Steelers, it would be the correct thing to do over all.  But given you are a Bengals fan, I completely understand you desire to keep it limited to just this year...... Yawn

That was more in reference to others in the thread pointing to past success. Hence, the comments about comparing the crashing and burning of the Steelers to another division rival who had a lot of success and then couldn't get up again.

Your question was "what have [the Bengals]  done lately to eclipse that?" The correct answer is... win 8 straight. It's highly unlikely the Steelers will even win 8 games this season, so 8 consecutive games is going to be a bit much for them.

But I'd hang a hat on last year, too. We bombed in the post season, but we made it there with more injuries than the Steelers are having this year. You guys are as deep as an Alaskan outhouse — safe for the first few feet, but then cold and mostly crappy.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:52 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: Third best. Unlike you, Steeler fans haven't forgotten what a great job the Bengals organization has done to solidify their reign as the most pathetic franchise the league has ever seen. What.....you think we didn't notice they became the laughingstock of the entire NFL? 

Do you have anything relevant to say from this decade, or are you going to keep referring to the 90s?

I get it. I'm a Bengals fan. I get that we had a black hole decade were everything just sucked. We all get it and you won't hear many of us arguing otherwise.

But if that's the best you can do, that's some irrelevant smack you're serving up. Be stronger. Be more of a steel man and less of an aluminum kid.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:04 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I bet you fondly remember, with great pride, when the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in the 70's on that Blu Ray you watched when you were 15. But none can compare to seeing them win it all in 2008, right around your 8th birthday.

My 15 year old son got to celebrate seeing his team win two Super Bowls while some Bengal fans have waited almost 50 years to experience it just once.

I find that funny....
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Do you have anything relevant to say from this decade, or are you going to keep referring to the 90s?

I get it. I'm a Bengals fan. I get that we had a black hole decade were everything just sucked. We all get it and you won't hear many of us arguing otherwise.

But if that's the best you can do, that's some irrelevant smack you're serving up. Be stronger. Be more of a steel man and less of an aluminum kid.

I find it both funny and sad that you consider this past decade a resounding success for your team. 

Actually...now that I think about it, it makes me feel fortunate.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:34 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: My 15 year old son got to celebrate seeing his team win two Super Bowls while some Bengal fans have waited almost 50 years to experience it just once.

I find that funny....

Sorry, I just can't see the humor in you having a son.

Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:34 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: My 15 year old son got to celebrate seeing his team win two Super Bowls while some Bengal fans have waited almost 50 years to experience it just once.

I find that funny....

So, it's true. You actually DID get a hooker pregnant. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:37 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: I find it both funny and sad that you consider this past decade a resounding success for your team. 

Grade A trash talk. Much props.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 05:37 PM)johnstownsteel Wrote: I find it both funny and sad that you consider this past decade a resounding success for your team. 

[Image: File:It%27s_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg][Image: File:It%27s_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg][Image: File:It%27s_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg][Image: File:It%27s_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg][Image: It%27s_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 02:08 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: We won the AFCN last year.  What have you done lately to eclipse that?

We had our hogs hanging out on national tv.
That's why your team succumbed to us.
They knew they could never measure up.
Ninja
Reply/Quote

I find that funny....

Cleverly disguised "6 rings" smack. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote