Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers angry with Burfict over Bell injury
I don't believe Burfict had any clue how bad Bell was hurt. He just jumped up and celebrated stopping him.

Sour Grapes - that's all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't believe Burfict had any clue how bad Bell was hurt. He just jumped up and celebrated stopping him.

Sour Grapes - that's all.

Exactly!!! There was no taunting or jaw-jacking afterwards.  He just got up and ran off the field, celebrating the stop.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Some quotes from the Steelers website, I guess they're not all assholes:

Quote:Chuck Huffman · Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Where's the question about why he's a cheap coach who lets his players hurt players on purpose. Two years in a row that Bell hurts his knee against his team and nobody thinks it's kinda shady? Marvin Lewis is a desperate coach who would do anything to beat his biggest rivals. Where's this investigation?
Like · Reply · 2 hrs · Edited

Jim Harsnett
Are you serious or just an idiot?? Nothing dirty what game are you watching?
Like · Reply · 2 · 2 hrs

Barb Noon-Collister · Support at Macy's
Wow really!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
As I stated in the gameday thread, Vontaze Burfict and the rest of the Bengals taught the Steelers the difference between justice and punishment. End of story.

I also was fired up at Mike Johnson crushing a lineman on the 2nd Nelson INT. During the return in real time I just saw a quick orange flash across the screen and a black jersey just dissapear with a nasty collision sound. It was a penalty, sure, but I wasn't upset. I loved the fact that the Bengals were the ones delivering punishment, playing hard and physical, and trying to make plays. Ultimately, that attitude and punishment took it's toll, continued the tone, and overcame the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
A clean-play karma for that cheap shot on Huber.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'm convinced it was a clean tackle and he had no idea WTF was going on with Bell. Steelers are like bullies. When you fight back they run and yell "FOUL!" The entire steeler association reminds me of "Orange is the new black!" Nothing but a bunch of whiny ass Beotches who at the end of the day just want to get to the shower and touch each other. Douchebags!

Reply/Quote
I didn't see what Burfict did, I just saw him run off. But if he was celebrating, it had nothing to do with the injury. It was about stopping the Steelers from getting the first down.

Hines Ward, when he broke Rivers' jaw, was pumping his fists and high fiving people even after Rivers was being looked at.

So I don't really particularly care if the Steelers players are butthurt.
Reply/Quote
2 things:

1. I can understand why the Steelers and their fans would be angry about this

2. I don't think anybody coming back from Knee surgery would celebrate another person suffering a knee injury.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
What a bunch of Marys.....wah!!!! Wah!!!!! How's it feel *****es?!?!? No "we deys" today after shredding a QBs knee, huh?  Pardon me for absolutely not giving two shits about your "feelings"....lol.  Screw you Stoolers....y'all dove at his knees all game.  Stick it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: As I stated in the gameday thread, Vontaze Burfict and the rest of the Bengals taught the Steelers the difference between justice and punishment. End of story.

I also was fired up at Mike Johnson crushing a lineman on the 2nd Nelson INT. During the return in real time I just saw a quick orange flash across the screen and a black jersey just dissapear with a nasty collision sound. It was a penalty, sure, but I wasn't upset. I loved the fact that the Bengals were the ones delivering punishment, playing hard and physical, and trying to make plays. Ultimately, that attitude and punishment took it's toll, continued the tone, and overcame the Steelers.

Me either....nor was I upset with Pacman getting up in 60s grill after he kneed Adam as he was trying to get up and kinda pushed him. Screw em.....it's football.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Karma is a *****. He obviously did not do it intentionally. Just sore lose fans.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Hines was pretty hyped after he broke Keith's jaw. That might have been a legal hit, but it was cheap as hell. Blindside hit on a totally unsuspecting player at full speed. Same with Garvin and Huber. Legal but kind of cheap to hammer a punter like that. I even recall Porter celebrating when Palmer's knee got destroyed.

As for payback, good luck. Burfict will hear this and I suspect that he's not the type of guy to be cowed by threats. If anything, he'll remember it and get in some shot of his own. He's a damn smart player and can stay out of harm's way if need be. I the only thing I fear on his behalf is the damage he does to himself.
Reply/Quote
ROFL -
As if this whole Steelers upset that we would hurt one of theirs even deserves ANY kind of response.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:28 PM)PDub80 Wrote: As I stated in the gameday thread, Vontaze Burfict and the rest of the Bengals taught the Steelers the difference between justice and punishment. End of story.

Dude I agree, that Michael Johnson hit was good, would of hated it against any other team but this is the steelers
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 11:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Me either....nor was I upset with Pacman getting up in 60s grill after he kneed Adam as he was trying to get up and kinda pushed him. Screw em.....it's football.

I wasn't either, but then I was after the flag was thrown. In a game anticipated to be as close as this one, yards are too hard to come by. We gotta channel that stuff into whipping them on the next play. Having said that, it po'd me too when goon boy puts his knee in Adam's shoulder. Kinda reminds me of the old days when a lot of the action was after the whistle blew  LOL
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
There is nothing these fairies won't ***** about.

The St. Louis Cardinals of the NFL..

GOOD gravy - I despise everything about that franchise.

Surprised that DB Tomlin didn't try to talk noise to Reggie after this one. He's not allowed to pick Jen twice in Heinz!
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, agree on the 49er game getting bumped, and that's cool.  The AZ game could be a possibility.  But, I think the Pitt game shows the most promise, unless CBS says no.  Even then, bet it slides to a 4:15 start.

It may go to 4:15 but the Steelers have already been scheduled for all the prime time games allowed in the broadcast contracts so its not likely to go to night

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
And they were diving at Burfict's knees the whole game sooooo....
Reply/Quote
**** them....the Stoolers been targeting players for years!!! That's what they get karma is a mother$@$))$!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 10:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: From the sounds of this particular comment,  it seems Burfict had better watch out during the week 14 match-up with the Steelers in Cincinnati.

http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-angry-at-Bengals-celebration-of-LeVeon-Bells-injury-40731326

"The Steelers were angry following Sunday's loss to the Bengals.

Specifically, several members of Pittsburgh's team was angry with the way one member of the Cincinnati's defense reacted following Le'Veon Bell's injury in the second quarter.

After being apart of the tackle that injured Bell's knee following his catch from Ben Roethlisberger, Vontaze Burfict apparently celebrated in a way that irked several Steelers, including Pittsburgh linemen Ramon Foster.

"He's that type of guy," Foster said of Burfict, the Bengals' inside linebacker. "You don't run across the field hyped, celebrating, jumping up and down the field when a guy goes down like that.

"He's that type of guy, period. If you're on the field with him, you know what I mean by that. They'll play it off, he'll act dumb about it. That type of guy gets his sooner or later, so wait and see, I guess."

While Burfict's celebrated wasn't captured on TV, it was apparently enough to draw the ire of the Steelers who, along with losing Bell, also lost the game to drop to 4-4 on the season. Pittsburgh also fell further behind Cincinnati in what is turning into a runaway for the AFC North title for the Bengals, who are now 7-0 and 2-0 in the division.

In 2006, Sports Illustrated called the Steelers-Bengals rivalry "the nastiest in the NFL". With one more game to go, a Week 14 showdown in Cincinnati, the rivalry between these cross state opponents could be back in a big way."

Those A-Holes are so hypocritical, when they played the Ravens this year someone took out Steve Smith with a shot and celebrated on top of him before he was taken off the field and missed weeks. As I said in another post, F the Steelers.
Reply/Quote