Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers game is very winnable
(11-08-2020, 10:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that you're fooling yourself.  The Steelers were basically sleepwalking today, the same as they did in the 1st half of the Tennessee game.  They turn it on when they need to, just enough to get the job done.

Dead on.  They are notorious for this.  They turned it on against Cleveland and pummeled then.  They will be ready next week for certain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 08:53 AM)AlphaBengal Wrote: We've had a lot better teams top to bottom the last five years and haven't beaten them. What makes you think we can suddenly beat their 8-0 team? They had a horrible game yesterday, you can bet Tomlin will have those guys fired up on Sunday.

I doubt we go into Pittsburgh and beat them, but I can think of one thing that gives us a chance...

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I doubt we go into Pittsburgh and beat them, but I can think of one thing that gives us a chance...

And it is one very big thing...
Reply/Quote
Anything is possible, but we historically shit the bed against the Steelers even when we are really good. Us beating them when we are in a rebuilding year and they are on a Super Bowl run season would be very surprising.

I'm leaning more towards the Baltimore game outcome than the Titans game outcome, personally.
Reply/Quote
Garrett Gilbert found success against the Steelers when he created time with his feet and pushed vertically. They spread the field which helped him identify the coverages a little easier and then he took his shots on mismatches. People are going to talk about the Steelers blitzing and compare it to the Raven's but the way they send pressure is different. The Ravens send it in a much more exotic fashion where the Steelers send it in a more traditional manner they are just better at getting home doing it that way than most.

Looking at it schematically based on what we did the last few weeks, I actually really like the offense to move the ball against the Steelers. Defensively will be the key, Ben hasn't actually been great this year and if he is hobbled it could be enough to contain them. I will say if we score 24 or more we win the game, and I actually think we can do it.
Reply/Quote
I’ve seen this movie before. While I think the Bengals are improving and have some hope, I just don’t see the Steelers looking like they did yesterday. The Cowboys were able to run the ball and apply pressure; two things we are not very good at.

The Steelers defense always makes a play when it has to. It’s uncanny. Sure, they get lucky which is annoying, but, they still are very good defensively and I think their front 4 will create havoc against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I doubt we go into Pittsburgh and beat them, but I can think of one thing that gives us a chance...

Hell yeah, there's definitely a new dynamic in the rivalry. I don't know if the tide will turn this year but next year or the year after, I think we're in good shapeWho Dey
Reply/Quote
When you start winning too many, you're psych starts working against you, perfection is stressful as heck. GOod time to beat them. I hope the team blurts out every play, "you're losing today!" over and over and over again.
Reply/Quote
My only hope for Steelers game and rest of season is that Joe Burrow survives.

I am haunted by the ghost of Greg Cook - who would have been the best QB in Bengals history if he had not been injured.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow gives us a fair chance in any game. Period
Reply/Quote

And that one thing is something I'm sure they are dying to break in half.
Reply/Quote
I am one of those guys who think coaches often get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. Almost every coach has a down season when he does not have talent.

But last years Monday Night game against Pittsburgh was a classic example of coaches winning a game. The Steelers came into that game winless (0-3) with no running game (64 yds/gm) and QB Mason Rudolph making just his second career NFL start. But Pittsburgh coaches used Jaylen Samuels in a wildcat formation and our defensive coaches were helpless to stop them. Many of us saw that as a "winnable game" but they curb stomped us 27-3.

I agree that this year the Steelers are not really as good as their 8-0 record would suggest, but they are still a damn good team. In the NFL any team can beat another "on any given Sunday", but I don't see us having much of a chance this week.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:44 PM)Earendil Wrote: And that one thing is something I'm sure they are dying to break in half.

I’m sure they feel the same way about the QB in Baltimore who won MVP last year, and he’s still in one piece.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am one of those guys who think coaches often get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.  Almost every coach has a down season when he does not have talent.

But last years Monday Night game against Pittsburgh was a classic example of coaches winning a game.  The Steelers came into that game winless (0-3) with no running game (64 yds/gm) and QB Mason Rudolph making just his second career NFL start.  But Pittsburgh coaches used Jaylen Samuels in a wildcat formation and our defensive coaches were helpless to stop them.  Many of us saw that as a "winnable game" but they curb stomped us 27-3.

I agree that this year the Steelers are not really as good as their 8-0 record would suggest, but they are still a damn good team.  In the NFL any team can beat another "on any given Sunday", but I don't see us having much of a chance this week.

I believe we have a chance if, and it's a big IF. We can hold our mistakes to a minimum, we can't have 5 false starts, 4 holding, 3 personal fouls.

And we can somehow force a turnover or two ?
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m sure they feel the same way about the QB in Baltimore who won MVP last year, and he’s still in one piece.

True, but Baltimore has a history of being able to better protect their QB than we do.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe we have a chance if, and it's a big IF. We can hold our mistakes to a minimum, we can't have 5 false starts, 4 holding, 3 personal fouls.

We have a chance, but it's similar to me sleeping with Halle Berry lol. Their offense doesn't really scare me at all, but that defense is excellent. All levels they are ELITE. Even if they don't win, just seeing Zach being able to sustain drives and score some points would be a win in my book
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:15 PM)Earendil Wrote: True, but Baltimore has a history of being able to better protect their QB than we do.

Tbf both times the Steelers injured our QB’s it was off fluke plays and there was really nothing the OL could have done. But I certainly get being worried about it.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:12 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe we have a chance if, and it's a big IF. We can hold our mistakes to a minimum, we can't have 5 false starts, 4 holding, 3 personal fouls.

Forget it... the refs will NEVER let the Steelers lose to the Bengals.  Even IF the Bengals somehow get a turnover, the refs will make some "get out of jail free" ticky-tack call like illegal contact or holding to give the ball back to the Steelers. (see last night's Dallas game)
Reply/Quote
The Steelers game is very winnable if you're KC, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and a few others. Pittsburgh played down to the level of their competition, but still made plays when they needed to. We're gonna get the A game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Will take a team effort Burrow is good but he can't win alone against this rush, kyle murray maybe not Burrow. Have to play mistake free force turn overs and give us short fields to pull the upset.
Reply/Quote