Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Steelers game is very winnable
(11-09-2020, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And it is one very big thing...

(11-09-2020, 12:44 PM)Earendil Wrote: And that one thing is something I'm sure they are dying to break in half.

A massive Kit-Kat bar?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton was 3-13 vs. the Steelers.  He was terrible in most of the games he played against them.  We no longer have to deal with his shortcomings in those big games.

Without the roughing the passer penalty (terrible call IMO) against the Cowboys late, I think the Steelers lose that game.  They're not all that and can be defeated.

Joe Burrow is 0-0 vs the Steelers.  He's doesn't carry that baggage with him and I think he gives us a decent chance.  I expect to see them win this one.  Probably the biggest game of the year for this young team.  

I think they'll be ready.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:27 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Andy Dalton was 3-13 vs. the Steelers.  He was terrible in most of the games he played against them.  We no longer have to deal with his shortcomings in those big games.

Without the roughing the passer penalty (terrible call IMO) against the Cowboys late, I think the Steelers lose that game.  They're not all that and can be defeated.

Joe Burrow is 0-0 vs the Steelers.  He's doesn't carry that baggage with him and I think he gives us a decent chance.  I expect to see them win this one.  Probably the biggest game of the year for this young team.  

I think they'll be ready.  

Andy and team have struggled against Steelers.. i just don;t think Burrow can beat Steelers alone .. Andy was 11-4 against Browns and Burrow has started 0-2 against Browns.. as good as Burrow is playing.. very unlikely he beats Steelers.. more likely he starts 0-6  maybe 1-5 (if steelers don't need last game_ against AFC North . 
Reply/Quote
I would love nothing more than the Bengals finally whipping the Steelers but I don't see it.

The last time we beat them was November 1st 2015.

My only hope and sorry for sounding depressing is that those cheap bastards don't take Burrow out with a typical Steeler cheap shot during the game..they've ended seasons for our past two QB's during their career..
Reply/Quote
As usual Ben will come out of ICU to win the game for his wheelchair. According to reports BOTH knees were injured yesterday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
11 straight losses to the steelers after sunday. No way this team beats the steelers...even in years where weve had better teams than this years squad, they still couldnt beat em. Now steelers are the best team in football and suddenly you think we will win?
Reply/Quote
Our best chance is Covin.. really. or we win on Defense.. Ben is prone to turnovers.. give our offense a short field.. we struggle in big plays anyway. short field makes it easier to pass against a strong pass rush
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 08:01 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: 11 straight losses to the steelers after sunday. No way this team beats the steelers...even in years where weve had better teams than this years squad, they still couldnt beat em. Now steelers are the best team in football and suddenly you think we will win?

I think the Chiefs are better, but I agree with your post. Last week's win was exciting, but we're getting a lil ahead of ourselves... We did this after that Jax win as well. I'd love to be wrong though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Teams the Steelers have beaten this year:

Giants
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
Browns
Titans
Ravens
Cowboys

A lot of mediocre teams on their undefeated run. Not saying we will win, but their most impressive wins were Ravens and Titans who we beat.

I’m interested to see how it goes. We need to pressure Ben and not let him sit around in the pocket like we let rivers do. Tough ask!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Teams the Steelers have beaten this year:

Giants
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
Browns
Titans
Ravens
Cowboys

A lot of mediocre teams on their undefeated run. Not saying we will win, but their most impressive wins were Ravens and Titans who we beat.

I’m interested to see how it goes. We need to pressure Ben and not let him sit around in the pocket like we let rivers do. Tough ask!

A majority of NFL teams are mediocre. We've lost to several mediocre teams this year... Like all of them except Baltimore. Unless the injury bug hits Pittsburgh hard, I'd expect them in the AFC championship game at the very least. That defense is gnarly, and they have a ton of weapons on offense.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:59 PM)pally Wrote: As usual Ben will come out of ICU to win the game for his wheelchair.  According to reports BOTH knees were injured yesterday

I mean, we already know how this broadcast will go....

Ben Walking Up To The Line:
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5358870]

Announcers:
"He's such a warrior, he's just so tough gutting it out there on the field for his team."

Ben Going To Celebrate After Throwing A TD:
[Image: Forrest-Gump-Running.gif]

Ben Limping To The Sideline After The TD:

Announcers:
"Look at how much pain he is in walking to the sideline. Toughest guy in the NFL being able to still play while in that much pain."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We've seen this song and dance for well over a decade now. It's predictable as hell.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Teams the Steelers have beaten this year:

Giants
Broncos
Texans
Eagles
Browns
Titans
Ravens
Cowboys

There are many mediocre teams in the league this year.. the bedrock of Steelers is their defense.. that does not bode well for us.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Will take a team effort Burrow is good but he can't win alone against this rush, kyle murray maybe not Burrow. Have to play mistake free force turn overs and give us short fields to pull the upset.

I'd love to hear how Kyle Murray, whoever he is, can beat the Steelers all by his self?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 12:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd love to hear how Kyle Murray, whoever he is, can beat the Steelers all by his self?

Murray is the type of QB to avoid the rush and still be able to pass, or run..  I had my doubts about him but watching elude the rush last 2 weeks he is impressive.  
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 12:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Murray is the type of QB to avoid the rush and still be able to pass, or run..  I had my doubts about him but watching elude the rush last 2 weeks he is impressive.  

Well considering he was on a bye last week, he avoided all kinds of rushes. Also, he didn't beat the Dolphins by himself, doubt he beats the Steelers by himself. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2020, 10:57 PM)Synric Wrote: TJ Watt, Stephon Tuitt, Cameron Heyward, and Bud Dupree are probably the best defensive front in the NFL. The Bengals have to spread them out, the WRs get open, and Burrow can continue to have amazing ball placement.

The Big issue will be can the Bengals defensive front even move Ben Roethlisberger and this year evidence says no...no they cannot.

Just for accuracy sake, aren't Watt and Dupree LBs?  Would that count as a defensive front?  Or does defensive front count LBs as well?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 12:17 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd love to hear how Kyle Murray, whoever he is, can beat the Steelers all by his self?

This Essex dude is a Burrow hater. It's obvious lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 09:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean, we already know how this broadcast will go....

Ben Walking Up To The Line:

Announcers:
"He's such a warrior, he's just so tough gutting it out there on the field for his team."

Ben Going To Celebrate After Throwing A TD:
[Image: Forrest-Gump-Running.gif]

Ben Limping To The Sideline After The TD:

Announcers:
"Look at how much pain he is in walking to the sideline. Toughest guy in the NFL being able to still play while in that much pain."

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We've seen this song and dance for well over a decade now. It's predictable as hell.

I've never understood how any of the NFL pundits who are fathers of daughters could ever gush over that POS.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 07:59 PM)pally Wrote: As usual Ben will come out of ICU to win the game for his wheelchair.  According to reports BOTH knees were injured yesterday

Just polishing up the drama queen tiara....

It works both ways for the fat pig:  Lose, and you have a built in excuse.  Win, and you are a warrior.... Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 01:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well considering he was on a bye last week, he avoided all kinds of rushes. Also, he didn't beat the Dolphins by himself, doubt he beats the Steelers by himself. 

He is the type of player that can beat the premier rush of the Steelers.. he is probably the most elusive QB in the game and more accurate thrower than Jackson , that combo is what has a better chance to beat Steelers rush.. Burrow can move around no doubt but not as elusive and not as accurate on the run as Murray ... nothing against Burrow but Murray behind our line has a better chance for sure. 
Reply/Quote