Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers players show Bengals players how you lose with grace
I also love the brand of football the AFC North plays, so on that level ive got respect for the Steelers. Same with the Ravens; on the brotherly theme these boards have got going on lately, I feel like the Ravens are the Steelers more respectable, less idiotic older brother who unfortunately doesn't quite manage to get the grades his sibling does.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 05:19 PM)Benton Wrote: Odd as it probably sounds, I always root for the Steelers in the playoffs after we get knocked out. Ravens, too. Even if it's not us, I still like when someone from the division goes on to the Superbowl. It notes how competitive this division is when you have one team going deep in the playoffs, or two in the playoffs.

Last night, though, I was cheering for Broncos. 

I usually root for whoever knocks out the Steelers.  The thinking is, "If we can't win it all, then at least let us have lost to the eventual champ."
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 06:59 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I also love the brand of football the AFC North plays, so on that level ive got respect for the Steelers. Same with the Ravens; on the brotherly theme these boards have got going on lately, I feel like the Ravens are the Steelers more respectable, less idiotic older brother who unfortunately doesn't quite manage to get the grades his sibling does.

From our perspective, they are the Bengals' older brother. 
Reply/Quote
This thread cracks me up.

What if Denver's winning TD at the end was from a butt reception that the NFL later says should not have counted?  What if Pittsburgh's fumble was from a direct spear from a tackler taking 3-4 steps to line up a helmet crown personal foul against your runner's facemask?  And I did not see any Denver coaches running around the field cursing out your players.  I will go out on a limb that this thread would not have been created if these things did happen.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 10:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the Bengals advanced, would the Steelers fans be rooting for the Bengals to beat the Patriots?

ThumbsUp

Marvin Lewis is a local guy and I've got a soft spot for him. He deserves it. Plus the Patriots are the Anti-Christ. 
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:04 PM)UDWhoDey Wrote: This thread cracks me up.

What if Denver's winning TD at the end was from a butt reception that the NFL later says should not have counted?  What if Pittsburgh's fumble was from a direct spear from a tackler taking 3-4 steps to line up a helmet crown personal foul against your runner's facemask?  And I did not see any Denver coaches running around the field cursing out your players.  I will go out on a limb that this thread would not have been created if these things did happen.

Here's the thing about the Shazier no call that all you Bengal fans are overlooking; it hurt the Steelers as they lost Roethlisberger 4 plays later. If they make that call, Ben doesn't get hurt and I doubt the Bengals are even able to mount a comeback to take the lead in the first place. 
Reply/Quote
They lost with grace because the referees made fair calls this time.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Here's the thing about the Shazier no call that all you Bengal fans are overlooking; it hurt the Steelers as they lost Roethlisberger 4 plays later. If they make that call, Ben doesn't get hurt and I doubt the Bengals are even able to mount a comeback to take the lead in the first place. 

For real? The Bengals are on the 5 yard line if that foul is called. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? The Bengals are on the 5 yard line if that foul is called. 

But since they didn't call it, and the league determined it wasn't a foul, then the OTHER part of the quick whistle hurt the Steelers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 09:04 PM)UDWhoDey Wrote: This thread cracks me up.

And if the Bengals players realized that their own players cost them the game and simply acknowledged that there's no need for this thread either.

But if wishes and buts were candy and nuts....
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: And if the Bengals players realized that their own players cost them the game and simply acknowledged that there's no need for this thread either.

Good point, if the officials made fair calls and Hill did not fumble the game would have been a route with a backup QB beating Ben by a safe margin.  Bengals mistakes + one-side officiating = Steelers win in a nail biter
Reply/Quote
Who cares? A loss is a loss. Get back to me when tweets change anything. Must be an indication of how seldom they show class if you're gonna make a big deal about it the one time they do. Hey, at least they weren't tweeting death threats, so that's something anyway.

Time to turn the page. Hey Steeler fans, you need to get the Bengals out of your heads.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 08:54 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: From our perspective, they are the Bengals' older brother. 

The older brother we tend to do pretty well with in scraps but who is a bit more respected by others.

He'll retire before we do though. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:22 AM)UDWhoDey Wrote: Good point, if the officials made fair calls and Hill did not fumble the game would have been a route with a backup QB beating Ben by a safe margin.  Bengals mistakes + one-side officiating = Steelers win in a nail biter

How do you figure?  One of the things that made the Bengals' comeback possible was the inffectiveness of Landry Jones.  Yes, if Shazier's hit is penalized, you all probably score a touchdown, but it's still 15-7 (or 15-10, I don't remember) and you've now changed the series of events that led to Ben being hurt.  If Ben is not hurt, the Steelers may tack on a few more points, making the Bengals' comeback more difficult than it was. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: And if the Bengals players realized that their own players cost them the game and simply acknowledged that there's no need for this thread either.

That entire game....  Everything about it, was a mess.

But if my aunt had a dong, she'd be my uncle....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:47 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: How do you figure?  One of the things that made the Bengals' comeback possible was the inffectiveness of Landry Jones.  Yes, if Shazier's hit is penalized, you all probably score a touchdown, but it's still 15-7 (or 15-10, I don't remember) and you've now changed the series of events that led to Ben being hurt.  If Ben is not hurt, the Steelers may tack on a few more points, making the Bengals' comeback more difficult than it was. 

Pretty much what I was going to post. Thanks.

I have read a lot of Bengals fans saying something along the lines of "If Dalton isn't injured, we beat them." And they may be right. Dalton getting hurt changed everything. For both games. It really shouldn't be hard to admit it going the other way. Pittsburgh had one, ONE first down the entire 4th quarter with Landry Jones at quarterback. Cincinnati was gaining momentum, but a healthy Steelers offense would have had a good chance of stealing or at least slowing that momentum. 

Pittsburgh was actually hurt MORE by that non call than Cincinnati, but all I've read is how unfair it was for the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 11:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: But since they didn't call it, and the league determined it wasn't a foul, then the OTHER part of the quick whistle hurt the Steelers.

So you are okay with the TD that actually wasn't, the foul not called on Porter, the bogus call on Williams and no call on DeCastro....but THAT is the problem? 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 06:00 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Pretty much what I was going to post. Thanks.

I have read a lot of Bengals fans saying something along the lines of "If Dalton isn't injured, we beat them." And they may be right. Dalton getting hurt changed everything. For both games. It really shouldn't be hard to admit it going the other way. Pittsburgh had one, ONE first down the entire 4th quarter with Landry Jones at quarterback. Cincinnati was gaining momentum, but a healthy Steelers offense would have had a good chance of stealing or at least slowing that momentum. 

Pittsburgh was actually hurt MORE by that non call than Cincinnati, but all I've read is how unfair it was for the Bengals. 

Hello...If the right call is made, there is no fumble and all the rest is just speculation about what would have happened after.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 06:22 PM)McC Wrote: Hello...If the right call is made, there is no fumble and all the rest is just speculation about what would have happened after.

Right, there is no fumble. The Steelers don't get the ball. Ben doesn't get sacked and hurt 4 plays later. 

It was the direct result of the no-call on Shazier. There is no speculation about Ben getting hurt.

The rest is. But so is Bengal fans whining about Pac Mans penalty. The Steelers would've kicked it from the 32 and thats within Boswells range, so there's that.

I've also seen speculation about the Bengals winning both games if Dalton doesn't get hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 06:59 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Right, there is no fumble. The Steelers don't get the ball. Ben doesn't get sacked and hurt 4 plays later. 

It was the direct result of the no-call on Shazier. There is no speculation about Ben getting hurt.

The rest is. But so is Bengal fans whining about Pac Mans penalty. The Steelers would've kicked it from the 32 and thats within Boswells range, so there's that.

I've also seen speculation about the Bengals winning both games if Dalton doesn't get hurt. 

Dalton has nothing to do with anything.  He wasn't there and that's that. 

But how can you say if Ben would or wouldn't get hurt?  You can't know that, which is what I'm saying.  Maybe the Bengals score a TD and Ben throws a pick 6 on the next series.  Maybe the Bengals get the ball and then turn it over the next play. 

Who knows how it plays out?  That's all just speculation.  Point is, the Bengals should have gotten the penalty and didn't and therefore the Bengals got hurt worse by it.  The officials screwed the pooch and everybody knows that, admit it or not.  And no bogus fabrication by the league changes that.

Anyway, it's over, time to move on.  

Reply/Quote